9

Secrets Unfold

 

OPPA, YOU LIED! YOU ARE A FAKE! YOU DON’T DESERVE YOUR FANS!

SHUT YOUR MOUTH! YOU ARE RUDE! SUNBAE?! WHAT KIND OF ROLE MODEL ARE YOU?!?

“Do you see what they are writing on the article, oppa?” Somin looked at the comments below.

“Why are you even looking at it?” Hyunjoong hover above Somin’s head and looked at the comments.

“Because some of them are pretty funny,” Somin sarcastically remarked. It hurt inside; all the comments that were directed at Hyunjoong were absolutely not true. At least with the harsh comments that was directed at her were somewhat true. She was rude at times, but she saw herself as opinionated.

Hyunjoong smiled at the positivity Somin was giving him, so he thought it was positive thoughts. He was uneasy of what they were pointing out at Somin. But overall he didn’t care for the negative comments. He knew that his true fans were behind him. Amongst the negative comments there were five times more positive comments; some saying they were their favorite celebrity couple and supported them.

Somin closed the laptop. She still had the concert to worry about; it was causing her stress already.”Oppa did you work with Joo on your ballad? Did you record the MR yet?” She brought her thoughts into somewhere else.

“Yeah, we did the recording already and now we are just practicing on the live performance.”

“Good. So how are your other rehearsals going? Are you getting along with the others? Are you having trouble in anything?”

“Somin, as much as I love you to take care of me, I think I got this under control. I am a sunbae to most of your artists.” When Somin gets stressed, she gets demanding and hands on.

“Sorry, I just want to be sure.” Somin gave a small smile. “I should get going; I have a recording to be at. Bye, honey.”

“Bye, my love.” Hyunjoong gave her a kiss on the cheek.

JYP CENTER

Somin was approaching the building in her car.

“Somin.”

“Yes, manager oppa?”

“You should take a look outside the building.” There were about 50 fans outside the office standing in protest. Signs of “KICK HER OUT!” “LEAVE” “RUDE SUNBAE” Somin couldn’t believe her eyes, this was the first time she was receiving such attention.

“I must really hurt them oppa.” Somin felt guilt in her heart. She imagine herself in their shoes; if someone who she admired and love lied to her, she would have the same reaction; she wouldn’t put it out on the one she loved but the one who caused it. And in this case, Somin was the cause.

The car slowly parked. “Are you okay?” her manager was concerned. Somin nodded and opened the door. Her eyes went straight to the eyes of the angry fans.

“LEAVE HIM! YOU DON’T DESERVE HIM!”

“I’m sorry if I hurt you.” Somin calmly replied to the angry fan. The fans fell silent listening at her words. They weren't expecting the star to actually respond to them. Other stars would just brush it off and ignore. However, Somin wasn't like other stars. “If you want to talk about it, I’ll be available to talk to you in small groups of five individually tomorrow at 1.” It was her day off tomorrow, a Saturday. She was to spend time at home and get rest. But she believed this was greater. "I probably won't get to all of the fans, but I will try." The fans were stunned, they didn't know how to respond.

“SOMIN! WE SUPPORT YOU!” Fans across the street yelled in strength. She saw familiar faces; it was her group of loyal fans. Just about 20 of them with signs of support, she smiled at them in thanks.

She took a last look at her the astonished fans and smiled. She turned her back and walked into the office.

“We need to have a practice room open, put a chair and two sofas in it. I have fans to talk to tomorrow.” Somin walked into her office and found her way to her desk. The level of stress was rising.