4

Secrets Unfold

 

JYP Center Meeting Room

“Okay first order of business, we have a collaboration with KeyEast again!” PDnim announced.

“Are we getting another drama?” Taecyeon asked.

“If we do, can I be in it! I want to try it!” Junho exclaimed.

“No you can’t!” Jokwon teased. The meeting room exploded with chatter.

“Do I have to work with Soohyun oppa again?!” Suzy asked.

“At least you are doing something!” Jia yelled. The meeting room was faced with the JYP siblings yelling and teasing one another. Park Jiyoung tried to calm the crowd but was pushed down by his artist.

BAM the door opened.

“HEY! I’m late for 10 minutes and I walk into this?!?!” The diva has entered the building. The meeting room was silence.  She walked to the front of the room, “What’s going on?” She scanned the room.

JYP sighed in relief.  “We are having another collaboration with KeyEast.”

“Another drama? Aren’t you done?” Somin asked. Then it started again. You can say JYP artists act similar.

“NO NO NO NO!” JYP yelled. “Can you just let me finish?!” Everyone was silence again, expect for one.

“Then oppa, just tell us, I don’t understand why you just tell us one statement and expect us to get the whole situation.” Only Somin.

“Well then I’ll tell you, we are having a combined concert.” Everyone was excited! This was new! A musical company getting together with another company that was mainly actors and some singers was putting on a concert!

“That sounds really fun, are we all going to be in it? Even if we have our American promotion?” Sunye asked.

“Yes, of course! You are family, no matter where you are.” JYP proudly pronounced. Somin kept quiet, which means…

“Wait! That means I have more work!” Somin was in charge of all musical collaboration, being stages or concert. The mastermind behind Wonderbang, the conductor of 2pm and SNSD, and the stages between the JYP artist.

“Yea, we will talk in private about that.” JYP smiled, but inside he was scared to death. He knew, Somin had numerous of priorities already, training the trainees in voice, writing music for the others, revising some of PDnim’s music, and producing Park Jimin’s upcoming debut album.

Somin wasn’t mad, it was more of frustration. She also had a solo career, a great one matter of fact. Now she was known as the sunbae who had great power over the JYP Nation. The meeting ended with talks of possibilities of who was collaborating with whom.

“Somin ahh, our princess. Our hard working pretty princess” PDnim always started with sweet talk. Somin glared. For half a second, he was legally dead.

“OPPA! How am I supposed to do this? I can’t possible do this on my own!” the nagging started. Somin was only the brat type in front of her oppas.

“You aren’t doing it on your own, remember? We have a wonderful staff behind us.”

“But OPPA!”

“Somin ahh, our clause. This is really needed.” The clause in her contract stated Three times out of one year, Somin will listen to Park Jiyoung and will not complain while performing her task. She will follow the task with minimal nagging and complaining. However, if she find the task to be unethical and offensive (have to be proven so) she has the right to decline.

“This is unethical and offensive!” The phrase that usually comes after when the clause is mention.

“Then prove it.” She knew she couldn’t.

“URSHHHH!” she stormed off to her office. She has admitted defeat.

“Thank You! We LOVE you!” the dorky sound of the producer’s voice.

I guess we will be working with each other… -SM

I heard. I can’t wait. –HJ