10

Secrets Unfold

 

I am SO sorry for the late update. I have school, and I recently changed my major so I have some catching up to do. I've been writing in between my breaks.  And my calculus class isn't making things easier too. So hopefully I'll get to update every week. 'crosses fingers!' Hope you enjoy the next chapter! Please remember to comment! Tell me what you think!

 

LATER THAT NIGHT

“Somin ah! Honey! Open the door please!” The man knocked on the door repeatedly, eagerly waiting for the woman to open the door.  “I need to talk to you!”

“Oppa” The tired eyed young lady opened the door. She was faced with her love, he raced into the door.

“What are you thinking?! Talking to all of my fans? They will certainly take this chance to hurt you.”

“I know.” Hyunjoong was furious. Somin didn’t talk to him about this ‘fanmeeting,’ it was created in the moment. Hyunjoong was scared, Somin could get hurt or worse she could get hurt emotionally. Sure she was the charismatic diva, but her feelings get bottled up and she would only releases it when she was around she was really close to. And Hyunjoong knew this from firsthand experience.

“Babe, you can’t do this, you have to call it off.”

“No, I can’t. You didn’t look at their faces, they were hurt.”

“You think I don’t know my own fans?”

“I didn’t mean it like that! We hurt them, we lied to them. They were truly in love with you, oppa.”

“Somin, you are just doing this to make them happy. You just want me to keep all of my fans. Didn’t you say, you didn’t want any fans that like you because you were single? You only wanted fans that were interested in your music. “

“Yes, but that’s me. I don’t have many fans. I know that for sure. But my fans that stuck by me went through so much. They received hatred from other fans; I had hatred from the Jaebum scandal and the Sunmi scandal and countless others that didn’t even involve me, just because I was one of the head sunbae of JYP. I know I have fans that will stick by me no matter what. But you, we could do something about it. I don’t want you to lose fans over something so trivial. Being in a relationship shouldn’t have fans hating us.” Somin tears were on the edge.

“I don’t care if I lose fans. I just don’t want you hurt.” He looked into the moist eyes. She kept quiet. She understood, but she was sure what she was doing was right.

“Oppa, please trust me in this decision. I know I may sound selfish or ignorant about this situation, but I truly believe if I talk to them they would understand our side of the story.” Hyunjoong looked at the pleading eyes. She was holding onto his arms, almost as if she was a young teen asking her father to go to the school dance.  She pleaded.

“Honey, as much I despise this idea. I’ll let you do what you want.” Truly Hyunjoong didn’t like going through these fights. He didn’t understand the reason for nagging and fights. Somin looked at his face. She knew he wasn’t 100% behind her, and it bothered her. But she let it slide.

“Thank you,” she quietly responded. He leaned and kissed her forehead.

“I should go, I have practice tomorrow.”

“At least stay for dinner. Please.” Somin didn’t want to see Hyunjoong go just yet.

They quietly ate their meal; each didn’t have any words to say. Silence was heard in the air.