11

Secrets Unfold

 

*bows* I AM SO SORRY. school is being a pain in the gluteus maximus. midterms are here and that isn't helping either... Plus one of my professor has just recently pass away, so please pray for him. I will try to update as soon as possible. But still know that I am still here! Enjoy!

 

“Is everyone ready?” Somin was nervous she didn’t know what to expect. Doubt came rushing into her mind. She ignored it. Somin knew that this was the best way to reach out to the fans. She sat down at the comfy chair. The chair was in a circle with two other sofas, each could hold up to three individuals comfortably. Her heart was racing.

“Everything is all set, all we need is a signal and we are set,” a JYP staff spoke. She was all in. She couldn’t back down now. She couldn’t.

“I’m ready.”

---

“Like we said, it really bother us, you didn’t say anything. I mean you are always honest with fans. Why weren’t you honest about your relationship with Hyunjoong oppa?” a fan stated their dissatisfaction. Somin gave a small smile; it was about the 100th time she spoke about the topic.

“The reason being, Hyunjoong-shi is at his prime. A relationship announcement will hinder him, in my opinion. For example, the roles in his drama, it wouldn’t be as convincing if fans know in the back of their mind that he already has someone else. Also, don’t you always imagine or dream about the day you meet him and you are the only one he sees. You can’t do that knowing he has someone else in his heart. I just didn’t want to take that away from you all. You are all important to him and that’s important to me.” Somin was getting a little tired. But she was going to fight through.

“Somin-shi, you are a wonderful girl. If knowing Hyunjoong oppa was in a relationship, we always hope it would be with you.” This was the first time she heard of this. “I mean on the fansite, you were always at the top of our list on who we would like to see Hyunjoong oppa with. It was because of your honesty, your love for your artists at JYP, and your likeability to all fans, no matter what fanclub, you were the ideal girl. We don’t mind your relationship with him. It was the fact that we were kind of deceived, you are always honest; why lie?” Somin was shocked; Hyunjoong fans were in support of them. She was relieved. Glad. Happy. Surprised.

“And I told you why, I know it isn’t my normal personality, but sometimes I do like to keep some type of privacy.” Somin simply stated, the fans nodded in agreement. They said their goodbyes and thank yous. It was already 11 pm. 10 hours of speaking with fans had her tired and sluggish.

“There is food inside your office.” A man stood at the doorway. The man was generally worried about Somin. Somin turned around and faced a tall man in his 40s.

“Thank you oppa.” Trying to hide her disappointment. “Did he call?” Park Jiyoung made his way to the sofa across from Somin.

“No, he didn’t Princess.”

“Oh…” She hasn’t heard from him since last night encounter.

“He may be busy, the concert is coming up. Don’t dwell on it too much.”

“But…” Somin didn’t feel comfortable about this. He would always call, or text once a day.

“But what?” The father figured asked.

“Never mind, I’m going to eat in my office,” Somin didn’t want to speak about relationship with JYP. He wasn’t the brightest with relationships. Somin walked to her office, it was spacious and neat. She sat at her desk and ate her meal. Her eyes landed on a picture of herself and Hyunjoong. A picture they took when they went to Jeju Island on vacation. Smiles were seen on both faces. She picked up her phone and called.

“Hello?” A woman’s voice.