6

Secrets Unfold

 

Remember you owe me dessert –HJ A smile appeared on his face. His lovely girlfriend had surprised him.

Too much sweets aren’t good for you honey. –SM This girl likes to tease.

Hyunjoong was taking a break in the KeyEast practice room. In exactly 30 minutes his partner was to show up and start practicing for the upcoming concert. He had no idea who it was; he was secretly hoping for a loving face to enter the door.

KNOCK KNOCK
“Annyoung!” An unforgettable face walked into the door.

“Oh Somin sunbae, are you my partner for the collaboration stage?” People were around the area, he had to be respectful to his senior. He smiled widely, knowing that his fantasy came true.

“Sadly I’m not Hyunjoong shi.” She beamed knowing he was hoping to share a stage with her. “I’m actually here to talk to you about your stage with Joo. She is on her way down to the practice room as we speak. I apologize for the inconvenience, Hyunjoong shi.”

“Oh it is not a problem Somin….sunbae.” They were flirting with each other through the stares that was exchange.

“Sorry sunbaenims! I apologize for my tardiness!” Joo came running in out of breath.

“Don’t worry you aren’t tardy we were simply early.” Somin reassured her hoobae. “Now since we are all here, let’s speak about your stage together. I was thinking about the both of you doing a ballad. Each of your voices stands out in ballads in my opinion. What do you think?” She looked at Hyunjoong for an answer.

“I think it would be fine. I’m not sure is Joo shi is okay with it.”

“I’m good! I trust Somin sunbae’s intention” Joo raised both her hands in excitement.

“I know you do.” Somin laughed along with Joo. A close relationship with your artists was very important to Somin. She wanted her juniors to feel comfortable, voicing their opinion whenever they felt the need to. “Okay so I will set up practices for both of you and we can work together on this project! Remember if you are unhappy about something; please come to me to talk to me about it okay?” She looked at both of her artist in concern.

“Okay” They both replied.

“Oh Joo, please go to the second level of the building, the vocal trainer is waiting for you to find your key for the song.” Joo nodded her head and made her way to the door. By this time there were a few people in the room.

“And Hyunjoong shi, your individual stages, can you please have a set list sent to my desk in 3 days please. I would like to know where I can put you in the concert, most likely the end, since you do have seniorities over the others.” Somin was being dead serious about this conversation; she didn’t want this collaboration concert fall into the cracks.

On the other hand Hyunjoong was spaced out, looking at the fly that was hovering above them.

“Hyunjoong shi,” Somin raised her voice slightly.

“Yes I understand set list in 3 days.” Hyunjoong surprisingly listened to her. He then looked at her and winked. Somin’s cheek turned pink. But being Somin she brushed it off like nothing happen.

----THREE DAYS LATER----

She found a set list on her desk. It was three days since she hasn’t seen Hyunjoong, they were both busy with the preparation of the upcoming concert. It was coming in one month, and Somin was growing white strands of hair. However the set list was unusual, there was a note attach to it.

Please come to the KeyEast main office at 1:00pm. From the desk of KeyEast & JYP.

Weird. It was already 12:30, she headed her way to the KeyEast office.

When Somin arrived at the office she could see four prominent figures standing over a desk. She was about to walk in until she heard a voice.

“What are you doing here?” Her eyes landed Hyunjoong. He looked tired and over worked. She was worried.

“I got called in, you?”

“Me too.” This was getting suspicious, why would there be a relation between these two, business wise.

“Ah you two are here, come sit down; also please close the door.” The CEO of JYP spoke. In the room present were four important figures, the CEO of both companies, Park Jiyoung and Bae Yong Joon.

The pair took a seat. Somin was on the edge of her seat. Hyunjoong looked relatively tired and worn out.

“There are some things we would like to speak you about. We were sent a couple of things in the mail yesterday. Please take a look” The CEO of KeyEast handed Somin a yellow envelope. She opened it.

The envelope contained pictures of Hyunjoong and herself being in a very intimate position, holding each other by the waist and her sitting on his lap. They were pictures of their adventure in the tech room. Somin was shocked. If Hyunjoong was tired before, he was wide awake now.