8

Secrets Unfold

 

“Are you ready?” Hyunjoong was dressed in his slim black suit. His shoulders were broad and masculine. Somin wanted to just take a hold of him and kiss him right then and there. But that would be unprofessional.

“Well, even if I’m not we have to get through this.” Somin was dressed in a simple black dress with a white blazer. Her soft curls flowed to her shoulders. She wore minimal make up, however she still looked stunning.

The CEO of both companies went out and spoke to the press before the couple went out to answer questions. “Now Kim Hyunjoong and Jung Somin will come and speak first. “

The nervous couple came out hand in hand to their seats at the front of the room. They bowed to the press.

“Hello I am Kim Hyunjoong. Thank you for coming out today.”

“Hello I am Jung Somin. Thank you for your patience.”

They were seated; it was only them and the press, with some fans in the back anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new couple. Hyunjoong spoke.

“Again we would like to say thank you for coming today. As you know Somin and I have revealed our relationship of two years. Our first meeting was through music programs, since we were promoting at similar times. Somin is my sunbae, even though she is 4 years younger, I respect her in her work and field. We started being acquaintances through mutual friends. However, honestly, I was always so infatuated by Somin. You can say, I was the one who did the chasing.” Hyunjoong smiled and glanced at Somin. Their eyes connected.

“It is true that we came to know each other more through mutual friends. However for me, I didn’t really like Hyunjoong. He was honestly weird and had a unique personality. But that eventually grew onto me. I started to talk to Hyunjoong more and more. But the more I talked to him, the more I wanted to hear from him. I eventually was caught by the 4 dimensional prince.” Somin looked at Hyunjoong and smiled sweetly.

“I understand that you love each other, but why lie about your relationship?” A press asked.

“The reason why we did not reveal it to the public was because the rising popularity I was receiving from Asia. Somin did not want our relationship to be something that took over the work I was creating in Asia.” Hyunjoong spoke firmly.

“So it was Somin who told you to lie to us?” A young fan yelled from the back. Hyunjoong disagree with this particular statement. But he was too late.

“Yes. If you put it that way, then yes. I told Hyunjoong that it was not a good idea to go public with our relationship.” Somin was being totally honest. “He was getting so much love from his fans two years ago, and he still is, so if he were to reveal he was in a relationship, I believe he wouldn’t have gotten this far. And to me, that would be devastating, because we all know Hyunjoong oppa is a very hard working individual and to strip that away from him because of a relationship did not make sense to me.”

“But he lied. When asked if he had a girlfriend for the past two years , he said no!” Another fan shouted directly at Somin.

“It is true that I lied. I am deeply sorry for my fans. You have been hurt. But I do not regret keeping this a secret.” Hyunjoong spoke up. He was getting angry at the force the fan was giving Somin.

“You don’t regret it!? So we fell for an idol that was fake!?” The same fan shouted.

“You should all know that Hyunjoong is far from being who he is not. In this past two years he has become a great artist who cares and love for his fans. Hyunjoong has other qualities that are worthy of devotion, not just the fact that he was single.” Somin was getting furious.”I would like to ask one question to the fans, for both Hyunjoong’s and myself, would you have still stand by us two years ago if we revealed our relationship? For me if you answered no, then I wouldn’t want a fan like that. I’m speaking for myself, not Hyunjoong. I believe a fan should stand tall for my work and for my passion in music. Not because I am single and ready to mingle. Maybe this is the reason why I do not have as much as the other artist.” Somin looked at the corner of the room where she saw signs of smile and congrats plastered on posters. There was hope for the couple.

The room fell quiet. Some fans left the room in frustration. Somin looked over at Hyunjoong. He had a small smile on his face. He was proud of Somin. He couldn’t have said those words. Somin had seniority; she may not have many fans of her own, but the JYP Nation fans stood by their artist’s company mates. In actuality, Somin had fans from different fan group supporting her.

"In all honesty, I'm glad you both ended up together. Most of us are. It was just upsetting that we were lied to. But hearing out your side of the story, I get it. I think we all do. Just please promise us we won't be lied to again." One fan spoke up.

"I promise. From now on it is true honesty." Hyunjoong raised his right hand. He was taking an oath.

"I don't promise." Somin spoke. "Because there will be times, I would like to keep my privacy. However, in most part. I will be 100% honest!"

A round of applause and cheers where heard through the room.

“Are you happy with one another?” This time a press asked the question.

“We are happy as happy can get.” Hyunjoong smiled widely. “And now that everyone knows. I hope we will receive support from now on. Thank you for your time, but we will end this press conference on that note.”

-----

“1,000 fans left and counting.”