Recovery

You Got It Seriously Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I know i'm a day late but i don't care:

<3 <3 HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONEW OPPA!!!!! <3 <3

Kekeke! Hope you enjoy the chapter:

 

 

Onew talked to his other members a lot during his recovery. They would just sit beside him, keeping him company and they would just talk. Sometimes it would be about school, or their relationships or just any random thing they could think of. Onew was happy to listen and just share light hearted conversations again with his beloved members. It had been too long since they confided with him on personal matters or otherwise and he was enjoying the time they now spent together. He still had some trust issues and some things had changed in their relationships, but they were all still trying to rebuild and shape their close brotherly ties.

 

Onew's recovery was going better than expected; his ribs and ankle were slowly healing themselves, his shoulder which had been put back in the socket, was mending well and the bruising was going down. During his time in the paralysed state, his body had already started to heal itself so thankfully Onew had been able to skip most of the painful healing stages. Thankfully the gash to his head wasn't too serious and would mend in time, meanwhile Key and the others were on a mission to keep him well fed and rested. Onew never had a moment alone since he returned to the dorm and was under 24 hour watch and bed rest: Key's Orders. It was expected that in a few weeks Onew would be able to move around and leave bed rest, but he would still have to be constantly monitored in case anything happened. So for the mean time he always had someone to talk to.

 

 

Each member talked to Onew many times alone during his bed rest, and every time they noticed something new about their Leader. They had all agreed that none of them would ever abandon another like that ever again and had decided to really get to know Onew as not just their right or a tool, but as their real friend and a Leader they respected.

At first Onew was surprised by their change towards them as they had never been this interested to get to know the real him, but after a while he started to just relax and enjoy talking to them about himself and not just about them. Since they could see that Onew needed time to think over what had happened between them over the last month, they agreed not to bring up the topic in front of him but made sure he knew he could bring it up whenever he wanted. They wanted Onew to be able to make the first move.

 

He had started to drop the formalities when talking to them as he seemed to have reverted back to using them during the first few days of being released, probably due to his concern that they might decide they were sick of him after all. He was now referring to them all by their own name but their pet names were no longer used. He never used Umma, Taeminnie, Minho-ah or Jjong: only their standard names, at first they were sad but they were still just so pleased he was willing to even talk to them after what they put him through.

 

One thing that had made a significant difference was his new Father/Son relationship with their Manager. He stopped by to talk to them at least once a day and he was already acting like a true father to him, Onew hadn't smiled so much in such a long time whenever his new Appa was around. He was always there to care for him, he never spoilt Onew, mostly because Onew wouldn't let him but he wanted to be a good and responsible Appa and not just someone who will pamper him. As a pop star he had had that more than enough already. He was there when he needed someone to talk to and to reassure him he was doing a good job, to be supportive and loving no matter what he did. And Onew thrived under his care.

 

 

One afternoon, Taemin was watching Onew sleep when suddenly he stirred. Ever since the hospital he had still been having bad dreams but thankfully they had been decreasing as the days went by. Taemin lent forwards and shushed his Leader while wiping his forehead with a damp cloth he had prepared. Eventually Onew's face relaxed but his eyelids flicked open rather suddenly, surprising the maknae.

 

“Hyung, are you alright? Did I wake you? Mianhae” he said as Onew tried to reposition himself on the sofa, where he had fallen asleep a few hours previously. Other than sleep and eat, Onew didn't seem to get up to much, not with s all restricting his actions and any sudden movements were immediately reported to Key who struck fear into anyone who knew what he was capable of.

 

"Ani, Taemin. It's ok, I should probably wake up now anyway, Kamsahamnida.” Taemin nodded, relieved. He didn't want to make Onew upset as he was still so worried he would realise they weren't good enough for him and he would leave, he had no clue how wrong he was.

 

Even though they were all still talking to each other, they still couldn't see how vulnerable they all were towards each other. They could only hope that in time they would be able to repair themselves. Onew suddenly felt a wave of thirst crash over him and his hand went to his throat, so he was about to push himself up and go to get a drink but instead Taemin jumped to his feet and ran to the kitchen. Onew smiled at his caring and energetic maknae, so happy to see him again wanting to spend time with him. He had missed all of them in the 3 weeks that everything changed but Taemin's change had affected him the worst, even though he was the least cruel, the way he avoided even looking at him and his constant aura of disappointment had been enough to drive him mad.

 

Taemin told him to stay where he was and he would bring the drink to him but Onew felt the need to stretch his legs, if only for a little. His leg was not yet fully healed but he could still hobble around without having to lean on anyone now which was an accomplishment, still, he decided to get up. He walked his way over to the kitchen, where he saw the young boy leaning into the fridge, scanning. Then he saw as his eyes landed on the bottles of banana milk and Onew watched in amusement as his eyes widened and he his lips. He was just so adorable.

 

He chuckled to himself quietly but Taemin still heard and looked around to see Onew smiling at him. He blushed and looked down. Onew couldn't resist anymore and just reached out to pinch his cheeks. He then went around Taemin and grabbed a glass, filled it with water and placed it on the table, then he quickly grabbed a bottle of banana milk out of the fridge, pushing him gently to sit at the table, he stabbed the straw through the lid and handed the bottle to the maknae. Taemin looked up at his smiling hyung and felt a bit guilty,

 

“Hyung, I'm supposed to be caring for you but you always end up having to look after me! Mianhae, I'm not doing a very good job” he said with his head hung low. Onew only smiled warmly.

 

“Taemin, you are doing great. You are keeping me company and making me happy. Never apologise for making someone happy, arasso?!?” Taemin just nodded and smiled weakly.

 

“Ne, Hyung. It's just that...” he faded off. He knew they had agreed not to bring up that topic but it was hard. Onew could see what was troubling him but he knew it was always better to willingly voice your troubles first.

 

“Taemin, what is it? You know you can tell me anything” he said kin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter