Nightmares

You Got It Seriously Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey well here is the next chapter! Ths was actually quite hard for me to write because i found it really emotional. I'm sorry if it is getting a bit boring but hopefully there will be more drama going on soon. This is the longest chapter so far i think so i hope you enjoy!

 

A whole day had passed and Onew hadn't said another word. The excitement the others had been feeling was slowly wearing off. They were all sitting in the ward in almost silence: Taemin never left the spot beside his bed where he grasped his Hyung's hand and thought over how he could ever make it up to him, Minho was where you would practically always find him: on his own in the corner while he prayed for his leader's quick recovery, Key was being the fussy Umma he was and kept tucking him into bed again and lovingly running fingers in his hair, while Jonghyun could only sit there with his head in his hands and whisper things over and over to himself,

 

“It's all your fault, you did this, if only I hadn't forgotten my jacket this never would have happened, why did I have to do this, it is all my fault, he will never forgive me”. They all thought over what the doctors had told them that morning,

 

 

“We are not sure when but we believe it will be soon, that Mr Lee is going to start dreaming which is the next step of his recovery, these dreams will be very vivid to him and often they can be memories and he may even start talking when he experiences them. We can only hope they will be good memories or else you need to be prepared to hear what he has to say”

 

 

They were all worried about what Onew would experience, they knew they had caused a lot of bad memories and they didn't want him to face those. They were all just thinking to themselves when suddenly Taemin felt Onew's hand twitch in his.

 

“Hyungs, I think Onew's dreaming, I felt him move his hand” Taemin called and the others all looked up to him. At first they were excited but then their leader's previously peaceful expression turned to one of pain.

 

“Father” Onew mumbled, his face contorting and he turned his head while he slept, “Father, please... I'm sorry, forgive me... I didn't mean too” The others looked to each other, what was their Leader dreaming about, why was he mentioning his Appa? None of them knew much about his parents or family, only that he was an only child and that they never seemed to come to watch him in concerts or awards. Onew was starting to toss around a little more. “Father... I'll never do it again... please don't hit me anymore... Father I'm sorry... please stop” he said, his voice cracking as tears started to make their way down his face, then suddenly he cried “Umma, please come back... help me... I'm sorry I couldn't save you... forgive me”

 

The other four gazed at each other with horror. Was this why they had never seen his parents and why he never talked about them? Did his father beat him? It sounded like it from the way he was crying and calling for his parents not to leave him. It was heartbreaking to see and they couldn't take it anymore. Taemin placed his hand over his Hyung's again and held it tightly, he ghosted his fingers over his warm forehead to sooth him, soon his muffled cries died away and he was sleeping peacefully once again.

 

 

All the members were shaken as they replayed everything that happened in those short moments, yet in those brief minutes they had learned more about their Hyung's life than they had discovered since their debut. It was some time later that Onew started to talk again.

 

 

“Please... I'm sorry... Don't leave me, Umma... Please” he started to mumble again. The others glanced at each other, they presumed he was dreaming about his mother again but then they heard something they didn't expect. “Key Umma” they all looked from Onew to a startled Key, his eyes were widened and he went straight over to the bed, followed closely by the others. “Umma, please... I'm sorry... I tore your family apart... Key, please don't go... I'm sorry” Onew shook his head slightly as he tried to fight whatever cruel images his mind was forcing upon him. Tears pricked Key's eyes as he heard his Leader call him from where he was trapped in the dark. He recalled those same words he used when they chased him away.

 

 

Key's Flashback

 

… Onew stood there as the abuse was hurled at him, he tried to reason with them, he was getting desperate.

 

“Please, it's not what...” Next Key came up and cut him off before he could finish, he pushed Jonghyun out the way so he could look straight into his eyes.

 

“We have had it with you! Three weeks you've been hurting us with your lies. You have torn your family apart, are you happy? You pretending you don't know and that everything is fine well guess what Hyung, IT'S NOT!” He screamed in his leader's face...

 

End of Flashback

 

 

Key hung his head in shame as single tears rolled down his face, he knew he had been one of the meanest to Onew physically when he changed. The others mostly ignored him but he had made his life so much harder even if he sometimes didn't mean it or even realise he had. He wanted to tell Onew, he was right there and he would never leave him alone to his suffering again, but he knew he couldn't hear him and he was still so lost in his dream. Then suddenly he started talking again, this time it wasn't just to Key.

 

“Minho, I'm sorry... I wasn't good enough... and I wasn't the friend you needed... and I'm sorry I am so lazy.” Minho's eyes widened as he realised what his Hyung was talking about. He put his head in his hands as the memory washed over him.

 

 

Minho's Flashback

 

… It was during the first week of their coldness towards Onew, they were going out for morning fitness which Minho had insisted on. They were acting pretty distant but they were still trying to include him in their activities because they were unused to spending so much time away from him. They had been out for a routine morning jog when Minho decided they should stop and play a game of Basketball. Taemin didn't feel like playing and was very tired so he sat out, leaving the teams as Jonghyun and Key vs. Minho and Onew.

 

It had started off as a friendly game but when Minho and Onew's team started to fall behind with the score, Minho's competitive side started to emerge and take over. You could see his determination, yet when Onew tried to play along, he couldn't keep up with Minho's speed and his sangtae kept hol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter