Chapter 8

Masked Love and Music

 

In an another point of time, a handsome young man on his twenties was standing in a villa's balcony somewhere in Jeju Island as he enjoy the scenery of the wonderful island, the breathtaking scene, the fresh air. Everything that surrounds him. He smiled happily but became gloomy. He turned to his laptop that he placed on the table and look for a certain picture. As he found it, he gazed at the beautiful creature who was with him. He can't forget the girl who captured his heart, the girl who changed him to become a better person. The girl who made him whole, who gave him the sense of living. The reason why he lives and the reason why he's also half dead at the moment. When he learned that she ran away from home without leaving any trace, he felt how his heart broke into pieces. That something was missing, his heart empty and void. He nearly shook the life out from the girl's father and sister just to know where she went, seek refuge to heal her broken heart.

 

"Hyun Ae.. where are you?" he wistfully whispered into the thin air. He didn't notice that one of his men whom he instructed to look for Hyun Ae was standing facing his back.

 

"Sir.."

 

The man gandered and was surprise to see him.

 

"How is it?" he inquired.

 

The man breathe deeply and he knows what the sigh means the result is negative. They haven't still found her.

 

"We tried our best Sir. But looks like this friend of your doesn't want to be found."

 

"That's why I'm asking you to find her."

 

"Sir, we've been turning the whole Hong Kong upside down just to find her. But still we haven't."

 

"Does it have to beHong Kong alone? How about in Switzerland? Here in Korea? we've got the whole world Mr. Jang. I want you to find her! That's why I'm paying you almost millions!" he detonated out of anger.

 

"I'm sorry, Sir."

 

He walked away and leaned in the balcony. He just can't believe that this is happening. Where could Hyun Ae be? He wanted to give up but he can't. He always feel his heart skipping faster whenever he thinks of her.

 

"Hyun Ae... Where am I going to look for you?"

 

***

 

"Is it still far?" Alexander inquired.

 

"Hyung, can't you wait? Gupodong is really really far. And will take us hmm... How many hours is it Soohyun hyung?" Dongho turned to Soohyun as he tried tpo estimate how many hours will it take them to reach Gupodong.

 

"I guess two and a half hours more..." Soohyun answered as he took a glimpse of Alexander who was busy looking outside the window.

 

"Xander hyung..." Dongho whispered as he snuggled to Alexander's warm body.

 

"Oh maknae..."

 

"I miss my old Xander hyung. I want my Xander hyung's smile back." Dongho murmured.

 

"Aw! Our maknae is missing the old you Xander." Kevin said as leaned at Kibum comfortably.

 

Kibum gently pushed Kevin away from him as he seat comfortably and pulled Kevin to his arms and nuzzled at him. "Kevin's right, Xander. It's been a long time since we last saw you smile."

 

"That incident totally change you, hyung. A lot." Kiseop added.

 

"Don't worry as soon as we reach Gupodong. maybe the "Alexander" that we know will come back." Eli remarked as he swiveled at Alexander who was Dongho's hair quietly and blandly making the boy lethargic, lulling him to sleep.

 

"Yes and Xander hyung could have his own peace of mind there!" Kiseop exclaimed happily.

 

"Yes! Our "Xander hyung" will be back again!" Kevin yawp as he high fived with Kiseop.

 

"That would be really pretty cool!" Kibum jolted out blissfully.

 

Alexander stared at them blankly. the boys are really doing everything they can just to bring him back to the old"Xander". He must admit that he also miss his old self but something is stopping him. Something is really missing and he really want to find out who's the owner of the voice that he keeps on hearing and why does the owner of teh voice, that girl's voice know him.

 

"Hyung, are you okay?" Eli pried.

 

"Yes, I'm okay." Alexander replied shortly.

 

"Are you sure?" Eli asked again.

 

"Yes."

 

Kevin, Kibum and Kiseop just looked at each other and galnced at Soohyun who's busy palying in his phone, but they know he's eavesdropping to Eli and Alexander's conversation, on how Alexander shortly replied to Eli implying that he doesn't want to talk anymore, to Dongho who was tranquilly sleeping in Alexander's lap. They eyes at Eli who was also looking at them and salient him to keep quiet and stop asking Alexander some questions. Eli reached for his phone and tacitly busied himself. Alexander on the other hand continued to Dongho's hair and out of a sudden he fell asleep.

 

***

 

Alexander saw himself walking in a familiar place. He really know this place of course. He spent some of his teenage years in here, studying. But why where? Is there somehting significant taht happened here in America? Then without warning, he saw the old "him". So young and vibrant walking alone in the University's place and out of a sudden a girl appeared out from the thickets.

 

"Oppa!"

 

Alexander jumped in surprise, holding his chest.

 

"Eun Jin! You scared me!" he screamed in horror.

 

"Oppa! I miss you!" The girl hurriedly wrap herself in his arms. Alexander (future) couldn't believe his eyes. He doesn't remember this girl. When did this thing happened? How did he meet her?

 

"I miss you too dongsaeng. So how's your life here?" he smiled.

 

"Aw! It's awful without you, oppa. I heard that you're going to Korea. Is that true?"

 

"Yes. It's true, Eun Jin. I'm slowly achieving my dreams."

 

"Yeah. Just what you wanted." she almost murmured.

 

"Hey. What's with the gloomy voice? Aren't you happy for me?"

 

"Oppa. if you're really going back to Korea, you have to drink this." Eun Jin said as she handed Alexander a small elixir .

 

"What is this?" he quizzically ask as he accept the elixir.

 

"Just drink it, oppa."

 

And by that, Alexander drink it. He suddenly feel dizzy and looked at Eun Jin.

 

"What's happening Eun Jin?"

 

"Everything will be okay, oppa. I promise you." Eun Jin said as tears slowly fell from her eyes and adtyer that Alexander leaned at her as he lose his consciousness.

 

"You have to forget me, oppa. When the right time comes, you will remember me and we will meet again."