Chapter 12

Masked Love and Music

 

Surprise as they are, Hyun Ae, Soo Min, Yeon Jung and Han Hee hurriedly meet the newcomers. They were totally taken aback upon seeing them. Hyun Ae gaze at them but felt that there is something unusual with them until she laid her eyes on an Amerasian girl who was looking at her. There was something in her gray eyes that spelled: TROUBLE. But then she tried to erase the thought in  her mind.

 

"Annyeong! I'm Park Hyun Ae. This is Shin Yeon Jung, Jang Han Hee and Song Young Gun but she's better yet known as Soo Min." Hyun Ae spoke up as she introduced herself and the girls as they bow.

 

One of the girls who was wearing a sweet spring floral dress with a grey ribbon, screamed and hurriedly went to Hyun Ae's arms. "I have a new unnie! You're so pretty!"

 

Hyun Ae was startled and looked at the cute girl hugging at her and looked at the rest of the girls.

 

"H-hello..." Hyun Ae stammered.

 

"Jihyae-ah. Introduce yourself politely." The girl who was wearing pink silk floral dress with a classy round neckline, soft ruffles embellished sleeves that accented her curves.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry! My name is Kim Jihyae! 16 years old and your maknae!" Jihyae said as she freed Hyun Ae from her grasp.

 

"Oh! You're Jihyae? How are you?" Yeon Jung butted in.

 

"Yup! And oh! Another pretty unnie!" Jihyae answered as she ran off to hug Yeon Jung who in return heartily laugh at Jihyae's childish manners.

 

"Uh.. We're sorry about Jihyae, Unnie.I'm Shin Young Hyun. I'm 18 years old." The girl wearing a lotus pink classy lacy satin tube dress introduce herself.

 

"And I'm Lee Eun Mun, 18 years old." The girl who spoke earlier said.

 

"I'm Yoon Ga Eon, 19 years old." the girl wearing a charming  butterflies chiffon dress butted in and smiled warmly at them.

 

The girl who was wearing a classy pleated ruffles dress with a rose belt who eyed Hyun Ae awhile ago breathe deeply and smirked first before she introduce herself. " I'm Woo Min Ah. I'm 20 years old. Nice to meet you."

 

"Unnie, where are our rooms?" Jihyae innocently asked.

 

"Oh! It's here!Let usl show it to you." Soo Min said enthusiastically.

 

"Really!? Wow!" and Jihyae bolted off.

 

The girl tour the newcomers around the house, showing them their room, the garden, their practice room, the pool, entertainment area and everything else. But then suddenly Min Ah, stopped that made the other girl stopped in their track.

 

"Min Ah unnie, what's wrong?"Jihyae asked.

 

"Nothing. I just feel tired from the long trip." she said and went back on her way to her room.

 

"Jihyae, what's wrong with Min Ah unnie? She was excited on her way here, right?" Young Hyun asked.

 

"I don't know. She was not like that awhile ago, unnie. Maybe Min Ah unnie is just tired. What do you think unnies?" Jihyae asked as she turn to the rest of the girls. The girls throw each other a look that Jihyae herself can't discern and shrugged her shoulders and pulled Hyun Ae's hand where in she jump off in surprise.

 

"She's always like that Hyun Ae unnie. You need to be really patient with her and be used with her childish charms." Young Hyun smiled.

 

Hyun Ae glanced at he and smiled and they started to walk to the kitchen when she felt something unusual again and then she remembered the way min Ah look at her. As if she was a rival to her. But why? Does Min Ah know her? She's pretty sure that it was the first time that they saw each other. but why is Min Ah cross to her? What did she do? She can feel it. Yeon Jung who notice Hyun Ae's silence whispered to her ear.

 

"Unnie, something wrong?"

 

"It's Min Ah."

 

"Why?"

 

"I don't knoww hy but there's something in Min Ah that I can't name."

 

"You just feel the same with Soo Min, unnie. She doesn't like the way Min Ah stare at you."

 

"Why?"

 

"Looks like Min Ah hates you."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes. And I don't like her too."

 

"How could you say that? I guess, Min Ah isn't comfortable with us yet."

 

"Maybe she'll be used with our company after sometime."

 

"I guess so."

 

In Min Ah's room..

 

"Oppa, where are you now? Now that I'm here I will find you. I won't allow anyone separate us again. You know oppa? I don't like Hyun Ae. I don't know why but it seems that she's going to take you away from me. Am I right oppa? Or I'm just being paranoid? Sooner or later, we will meet each other again and hopefullyl you will remember me once again. It took me a long time looking for you, oppa. Don't you know that I'm always with you? even though I'm not near you, my eyes are always following you. I should have debuted a long time ago together with SNSD but Mr. Soo Man won't allow me. Aish! Oppa, I love you so much!" she said as she kissed the picture that she was holding. She took the picture of her oppa last year when she saw him performing in M-WAVE. It's been a long time since she last saw him. She knows that the right time has finally came to make her appearance, to be back in her oppa's life again. Min Ah curled up in her bed and smilingly sleep.