Chapter 15

Masked Love and Music

 

The girls were having fun when their private line rings. The girls looked at each other and Min Ah spoke up, "Are you guys expecting any calls?"

 

"No, Mr. Soo Man told us that we shouldn't divulge any information to our family and friends about our whereabouts." Ga Eon answered.

 

"Yes, Ga Eon unnie is right. We were strictly oriented by Mr. Soo Man about that before we came here and decided to become stars."Jihyae added.

 

"Even us. I can still imagine Mr. Hwang's terrifying face as he oriented us everything. Oh! I was so scared at that time." Yeon Jung screamed in horror as she reminisced the scariest moment of her life.

 

"If that's the case then, who could be calling us?" Hyun Ae asked. They keep on looking at each other.

 

"Could it be..."Young Hyun stated.

 

"...Mr. Soo Man or Mr. Kim?" Soo Min added.

 

"Oh my gosh!" Han Hee got started and hurriedly answered the phone, "Yoboseyo?" she asked as she eyed at the other girls who are looking back at her intently.

 

"Yoboseyo, this is Mr. Soo Man's secretary. He wants to talk to Ms. Park." the woman answered as she introduce herself. Han  Hee handed the phone to Hyun Ae who's was  quietly taken aback.

 

"Who is it?" Hyun Ae whispered.

 

"Mr. Soo Man wants to talk to you, unnie."

 

"Why?"

 

"I dunno." Han Hee replied as she shrugged off her shoulders.

 

Hyun Ae, as her hands were trembling accepted the phone and listened quietly until she heard Mr. Soo Man's voice booming in her ears.

 

"Is this Hyun Ae?"

 

"Speaking, Sir."

 

"Have you met the new girls?"

 

"Yes, Sir. We're currently talking when you called up."

 

"Have you discussed your groups name? Your positions?"

 

"Yes, Sir. And we have decided to name our group as "Phantom Angels" we also have our line up already."

 

"Good thing. So everything is okay?"

 

"As of now, Sir, yes."

 

"Okay. Good to know that. Oh I would like to inform you that Min Ah is a trainee in SME and we decided to have her debut. Min Ah and you must work hand in hand.The two of you must watch over your members. And oh, Hyun Ae, I want you to be the leader of the group. And by tomorrow you need to be at the airport at 10 AM sharp, you will be going to Jeju Island to relax and train before your upcoming debut." Mr. Soo Man statements completely shocked Hyun Ae.

 

"U-u-up-upcoming debut?"

 

"Yes. In two months time you're going to debut and please girls, don't disclose any information to your family and friends, Arasso?"

 

"Yes Sir."

 

"Okay, tell your member about it and you girls better get ready. i must hang up now. I have to call Nam Hee about this. Good Bye"

 

Hyun Ae was totally taken aback and couldn't utter a single word after her conversation with Mr. Soo Man. The girls were encircling her and started to throw her questions.

 

"What did Mr. Soo Man told you?" Min Ah asked.

 

"Are we going to debut now unnie?" Jihyae butted in.

 

But Hyun Ae can't speak even a single word.

 

"Unnie! Please answer us!" Yeon Jung said in excitement, squealing.

 

"Unnie! Say a single word! Please!" Eun Mun, Young Hyun and Han Hee pleaded.

 

Hyun Ae sighed first and breathe deeply and looked at the eyes of the girls. She can see hope and the determination to win the hearts of the music industry. They've been working so hard for the past few weeks, doing their vocals and choreo. They were patience and there's Min Ah to guide them, having her is a big advantage to them and to add up the girls exploding talents. 

 

"Girl's were going to Jeju Island and gonna debut soon."

 

"What!?" Ga Eon exclaimed in disbelief.

 

"Yes. that's what Mr. Soo Man told me, we gotta train there for two months more, enjoy, savor everything and tada! we're going to rock the music world!"

 

"Really!? T-that's a g-great news.." Young Hyun whispered as tears started to swell in her eyes.

 

"Young Hyun? Why are you crying? You should be happy because we're gonna debut soon!" Soo Min said jovially.

 

"Ya! Young Hyun! Stop crying!" Min Ah said as she tries to cheer Young Hyun.

 

"I just can't help it unnie. After a long time of training, we're gonna debut soon. I can now help my family."

 

"Even me, I wanna help my mom after she divorce my dad." Jihyae said cooly.

 

"You're parents divorce?" Hyun Ae asked.

 

"Yeah. Maybe they good hooked up with their own lives and decided to separate ways. i can't stop them though, it's their lives and I know they tried to work things out between the two of them but it isn't going well anymore. Dad told me to go with Mom because he thinks Mom can support my needs more than him." Jihyae said as her voice trailed off.

 

"My dad passed when I was young and life in Japan is pretty tough and mom can't stand the lifestyle there so she decided to come back here. I feel terribly sorry for mom that's why I joined here." Ga Eon unfolded a part of her. "How about you guys?" she asked.

 

The other girls fell in a deep silence. they, on the other hand, live a comfortable life unlike Ga Eon and Jihyae but here they are, struggling for their family.

 

"I hate to tell this but I was born to a rich family, though I don't know how you live a life before but I feel terribly awful. " Han Hee said and she cried.

 

Min Ah, on the other hand, watched them crying and walked away, she simply hate dramas though she had a  reason why she's here. She hate it when people cry because it made her remember how weak she was before. She can hear Hyun Ae, Yeon Jung, Soo Min and Eun Mun comforting the other girls. She can't help it, she can feel her heart breaking, so she turned back and walked to them.

 

"Are you guys gonna sit there and cry? Do you think you can conquer the music world, the hearts of the music lovers with your tears? I'm telling you, you're tears won't help you. I'm telling you this coz I care and I know how hard it is. I've been away from my family for a long time already. Maybe four years and so, coz I applied a strain in SM Entertainment. We need to strengthen ourselves, we can do this right?" Min Ah said.

 

"Min Ah is right, we need to be strong." Soo Min agreed.

 

"So? What are we waiting for? Let's start packing out things!" Yeon Jung exclaimed excitedly.

 

"But before that, group hug!" Jihyae shouted as she pouts cutely.

 

We laughed at her and encircled as we hug each other.

 

"PHANTOM ANGELS, FIGHTING!" Hyun Ae exclaimed.

 

"Fighting!"