Chapter 3

Masked Love and Music

THE BEGINNING

 

It was raining heavily in Korea. News of Alexander passing out and being admitted in a hospital spread all over Korea and abroad. The fans who love U-KISS keep on sending get well soon cards to Alexander, overflooding Twitter and making Alexander's heart and the rest melt because of their overflowing love and concern. Everybody was grateful when they learned that Alexander is now okay and ready to get grooving with their pending activities. On the other hand, in the middle of Seoul, inside of a glamorous building, in a business like room, NH MEDIA'S CEO KIM NAM HEE cooly put down the newspaper that he was reading that contain about Alexander and U-KISS. He slowly stood up,taking his time as he walked towards the glass window as he looked at the busy moments of Seoul. He lingered for a while in his position as his mind drifted away in a very deep deep thought. Nothing else was new. He remembered why he put up NH Media. He want power. Fame. Money. Until he mold U-KISS and show them to Korea, to beat the famous boy groups like Super Junior, Shinee to name a few. But in no avail, he still failed. He can never beat Lee Soo Man, SM Ent. CEO. The guy was too good to be true. What a shame for competing with him.

 

"The boys are just too good to be true." he ironically say it out loud to himself. Of course he knew too well that the boys work too hard to the extent that they never get some rest because of his demanding. tiring orders.  He knows he can do anything because he owns them. They are the source of his "MONEY". Money! That's the most important thing to him. He wants more money. He maybe greedy, yes. But what can he do? The music industry is really competitive and if you ain't got what they need, you'll surely go bankrupt. He doesn't want to end up being a beggar.

 

He jumped in surprise when his phone rings as it sings to the tune of " Hello" by SHINEE. Who cares if someone will hear it? No one will. He picked up his phone and in a growling manner he answered, "Hello?!"

 

"Nam Hee, is that how you answer your future partner?" the voice answered that made Nam Hee compose himself immediately.

 

"Oh, its you. I'm sorry for that rude manner of mine. Mianhe."

 

"It's okay." the voice scoff.

 

"Why did you call?" he asked.

 

"I just want to tell you that my men found what we are looking for. Let's discuss it somewhere else. Things that as important like this shouldn't be discussed over the phone."

 

"You ain't kidding right? That fast? We haven't set up an audition yet!" Nam Hee really freak out as he scream. How could that be possible? They had just discuss about it two days ago and now Lee Soo Man have found some talents and him? He haven't started looking for one yet. This guy... this Lee Soo Man... He's really undoubtedly mind blowing and an emulous businessman. Maybe this man  has this what they call "Midas touch."

 

"Ha! Don't you trust me? my capabilities? Don't underestimate me Nam Hee. I'm too good to be underestimated. I'm not like you.'" Soo Man jeered.

 

Truly, Nam Hee, felt so down. He mustn't underestimate Soo Man. "Okay. Where are we going to meet?"

 

"In Hard Rock Cafe. 1:00 PM sharp. Be early. I hate to wait." Soo Man said and ended the call.

 

Nam Hee, in trembling hands, put down his phone and hurriedly went out in his office and ran the stairs and immediately drive his way to Hard Rock Cafe. While driving, he can't stop not to wonder on how brilliant, how genius Soo Man could be. As he arrive, he was surprise when he saw some pretty ladies together with Soo Man, who was sitting comfortably/

 

"Who are they?" he asked.

 

Soo Man's lips broke into a smirk and smugly stand up.

 

"Nam Hee, meet the girls who my men found. Our future talents!" Soo Man announced as he introduce the girls who shyly greeted Nam Hee. Nam Hee was totally taken aback.

 

"This is... marvelous..." Nam Hee uttered.