Put To Work

When Four Thieves Steal a Prince
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hey, frog. Wake up."

A shrill voice chimed Minho's ears as the curtains that kept his tranquility were opened, revealing the rising sun that shone over the Seonggong valley. Minho clogged his ears with his pillow and rolled over to his side, ignoring his friend's demand. 

"Don't want to~" he whined like a child.

"Get up!" Key tried one more time, only to get no response. He left for a couple of minutes and then returned, only to see the boy still lying in the same position he was in before.

"Minho~ You know I can be get vicious when people don't do as I say~" he sang, an evil smirk creeping up his face.

"He's not kidding!" Jonghyun shouted from the kitchen, having personal experience on how vengeful his boyfriend can be when he's pissed.

Minho only let out an irritated grunt and pulled the blanket over his head.

"Alright, fine then." he said and exaggeratingly stomped his feet, pretending to walk out of the boy's room. Instead, Key tiptoed up to Minho's bed, then slowly drew out his finger towards his sleeping body.

He quickly jabbed his index finger into the thief's buttcrack, executing a well coordinated ddongchim.

"HEY!" Minho yelped as Key shot out the door. He immediately jumped out of bed and chased after the man.

Onew had just turned around right at the moment the two had crossed his path.

"What the-"

Onew was knocked off of his feet and fell towards the ground, landing on his back with a thud. Jonghyun stifled a chuckle and helped the leader up.

"You were asking for it!" Key shouted to Minho, who was panting against the couch arm to catch his breath. Once he recovered he jumped over it and began running after the man again.

Taemin awoke that morning to loud shouting and laughter. Curious as to what was happening beyond his locked cell, the Prince groggily got out of bed and peeked out the window.

"You're gonna get it!" Minho shouted at Key as the two circled the living room. Onew and Jonghyun laughed on the sidelines until they decided to join in. Jinki pulled a pillow from the couch and wacked Minho in the stomach, causing the man to fall over.

"Gotcha!" Jonghyun exclaimed as he grabbed Key by the waist and lifted him off of his feet, spinning him around. Kibum let out a giggle as his lover placed him back down on the ground and gently kissed his lips. What was once a shy peck soon grew into more intimate kissing amongst the two, and the Prince had a front row seat for the show. A smile crept upon Jonghyun's face as he slipped his hand under Key's shirt. The thief moaned and s his hand around the other's waist.

A tiny gasp escaped Taemin's lips as he ducked his head, surprised from the sudden intimacy he had just witnessed. The Prince quickly crawled away and sat himself up on his bed, then sighed. Another boring day stuck in this room...  It was torture being here for one day...but who knows how long they plan on keeping me here? He huffed and laid his back on the hard mattress with his arms and legs spread in a childlike manner.

Suddenly the door swung open, revealing only a hand that quickly placed a plate of flapjacks on the ground and shut the door, also bumping said person's head.

"Ouch..." Taemin faintly heard Onew's voice from outside. The boy couldn't help but laugh as he got up to grab his food.

"Will you cut that out? Geez, it's hard enough getting to sleep every night with you guys next door and now I can't even eat breakfast in peace?" Minho complained to the couple still making out on the sofa. The two ignored his statement and continued.

Onew came back after delivering the Prince's meal, rubbing the top of his head from the pain the door had inflicted on him earlier.

"You need to be more careful hyung. It's a wonder how you can swordfight two men twice your size at the same time and yet you can't even walk in a straight line without tripping over your own feet," he chuckled.

Onew laughed. "I can't help it..."

Key parted lips with Jonghyun to catch his breath and lifted his chin with his finger.

"Babe, could you go check on Taemin for me?" Key gave Jonghyun a flirtacious smile.

"Or, we could go back to bed. It's still early." Jonghyun whispered into the man's ear before gently tugging at it with his teeth.

"Exactly. It's too early, and my has had enough for the week." Key said and shoved the man off of him before walking to the kitchen. "Now go check on the poor kid."

Jonghyun pouted, but seeing that his lover wasn't going to give in so easily he got up and scurried over to the Prince's room.

Minho was about to stand up to pour himself a glass of water, when suddenly he felt himself become lightheaded and gripped the back of his chair for support. Damn, I really shouldn't run after just getting out of bed. He took in a deep breath to ease the throbbing pain in his head and then continued on to the kitchen.

After eating, Taemin felt lethargic and lazy lying in bed, and decided that walking back and forth in the little space he had while re-reading a book would replace the morning strolls he had always enjoyed back at the palace. He looked up and saw Jonghyun's confused face staring at him, then gave the man a small smile before getting back to his reading.

Jonghyun opened the door and took the plate, then returned to the kitchen with a puzzled look.

"Is he alright?" Onew asked.

"Pft. He seems fine." he answered and put the dirty plate in an empty bucket to clean later. "But the kid's been stuck in there for so long he's actually marching around the room, trying to get some exercise I suppose." he said, then slumped himself in his seat at the table. 

"Really?" Onew asked and placed a plate of pancakes in front of the man before making a stack of his own.

Jonghyun nodded as he took a bite of his food.

"He'll live." Minho grumbled and took a sip of his water. Key bitterly flicked his wrist and hit Minho on the head with the back of his spoo

Please log in to read the full chapter