New Lovers and Deadly Celebrations

When Four Thieves Steal a Prince
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taemin just wished he could disappear at the moment. The girl seated across from him; long black locked, big brown eyed, and probably the prettiest girl he'd ever seen in his entire life was rambling on about her prestigous prize-winning stallion named Hazel, a gracious smile latched upon her lips. And Taemin didn't even spare her a single ounce of a .

His chin was resting on the palm of his hand while his elbow was crudely sitting on the banquet table, his mouth slightly open in awe at how much this woman loved to talk, while his eyes didn't show the slightest bit of interest in her though they were focused on her. Nobles and other diplomatic figures seated around the table were also chatting up a storm, some even gossiping about the Prince himself when he was sitting right there.

Basically, his sister's engagement ball was living hell right now. He thought about pretending to be sick so that he could have an excuse to go up to his room, but his father and him hadn't been on good terms this past week since the incident with Minho. Whether he was lying or not, the King would've made him stay and suffer.

"....can you believe that, your majesty?"

"...."

"Your majesty?" she asked, leaning her head slightly forward to get the man's attention.

"What? O-oh...no, I can't believe it." he responded, though he didn't have a clue of what the girl was talking about.

"Well look at you two! Aren't you just a lovely couple?" the Queen commented after standing up from her seat and placing her hands on her son's shoulders. The noble girl softly giggled at the compliment while Taemin slumped in his chair, staring at his lap in apathy. "Who is this young lady, Taemin dear?"

"O-oh, right. Mother this is.....Jisun?"

"Jiyun...actually." she corrected him, faking a sincere smile before awkwardly taking a sip of her wine.

"Jiyun, what a lovely name! I'll ask your father to open up the ballroom so that you can ask her to dance. How does that sound, dear?" the Queen asked her son.

The Prince put on his best artificial smile for his mother and nodded as she left. As if things couldn't get any worse.

Once the King had excused everyone from the dinner table and the crowd of people migrated to the ballroom, he was forced to ask the talkative girl to dance, who accepted with the biggest grin on her face like he was proposing to her or something.

Almost cringing as he did, Taemin placed a hand on her waist and laced his fingers with hers as they waltzed along to the music of the orchestra.

"You're a very lovely person, Prince Taemin. But I wish you'd smile more! You do have a wonderful smile. Has anyone ever told you that?"

Once...the Prince frowned at the thought of Minho. He'd been trying to keep his mind off of the other male for the past few days for the sake of his own health, but it seemed like everything he did and saw reminded him of Minho.

When the servants served him croissants for breakfast.

When he spotted a frog hopping its way across the palace pond.

When he took a stroll in the garden and saw fresh dandelions being plucked by the royal gardener.

He never did tell me what his wish was... Taemin suddenly remembered, flashbacks of that day he spent with Minho playing in his head as he continued shuffling across the dancefloor with Jiyun pressed up against him. He smiled to himself at the image of Minho's grinning face, close to tears as he yearned to see that face again, in real life. He felt the memory was fading and soon he would forget what it would look like.

"Prince Taemin?"

He snapped out of his thoughts by the sound of his "date's" high-pitched voice. "H-huh? Sorry, what did you say?"

"I said we should go outside! It's getting awfully stuffy in here." she suggested.

Taemin didn't even have time to answer before he was dragged out of the crowded ballroom and out towards the garden walkway    another memory he shared with Minho. Jiyun sat herself on a stone bench and patted the seat next to her, coaxing the Prince to come and join her. Quite reluctantly, he did as she instructed.

"It's just gorgeous out here, don't you agree?" she beamed, placing her hand on the Prince's.

Taemin only hummed in response, not noticing the intimate gesture as he was staring at the star-filled sky.

"Your highness?'

Taemin jumped a bit when he felt the girl's hot breath against his neck, and realized that she had almost completely scooted herself onto his lap and he hadn't even noticed.

The next thing he knew her lips were pressed onto his as her hand was pressed behind his head, forcing him to stay in place. Taemin raised his hands to push her off, but stopped himself when he saw his mother and father spying on them out of the corner of his eye. The King, knowing Taemin had noticed them, sent his son a death glare as if warning him to continue. He didn't want to have to force him into it, but the Prince's reputation was at stake.

So Taemin continued, grudgingly. His lips went limp and allowed the girl to abuse them as she pleased. He promised he'd move on for his past lover, but none of this felt right.

He felt like a traitor.

I'm sorry Minho.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

"....And I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride."

The leader leaned foward and took Luna's face in his hands before gently placing a kiss upon her lips, both grinning instantly at the contact.

The couple organized their small wedding in a local church in the middle of town, with the guests consisting of only the other SHINee members, the justice of the peace, and Luna's closest friend Krystal.

The party of five applauded the newlyweds as they kissed, smiling in glee watching their beloved hyung so happy. Deep inside though, they were all a bit envious of their hyung. Jonghyun and Key were deemed to be "different" and "abnormal" in society, and weren't able to be legally married because they were both men. Minho was on the same boat as the other two, except he wasn't allowed to be with his lover at all, let alone married to him. Nonetheless, they were all still thrilled for Onew and his new wife, plus the baby that they had on the way.

After the ceremony and the paper-work signing, the six of them rode to a humble hotel in the nicer parts of the city to celebrate their marriage. Using the money the four thieves earned from helping out at a produce stand in the street market, they were able to afford a small room to drink and celebrate in, then leave so that Onew and Luna could stay the night.

"Congratulations, hyung! I never thought this day would come..." Jonghyun joked, earning himself a punch to the stomach by the leader.

"You guys always make fun of me..." Jinki pouted before taking another sip of his rum, which was the only form of alcohol they could afford along with the expenses of the hotel room.

"Aw

Please log in to read the full chapter