Soft and Sweet

When Four Thieves Steal a Prince
Please log in to read the full chapter

WARNING: Incredibly cheesy, fluffy scenes coming up! If you have a habit of physically expressing your love towards a fanfic you may want to close the door to your room and read in private if you don't want your family to hear you squealing like a seal..unless you don't roll like that then just chill and enjoy ^^

 

Taemin awoke the next morning with a pounding headache, still affected by the blow to the head he took yesterday. He snuggled closer into the disheveled covers of the bed, wishing he could've slept a bit longer. He had the most amazing dream where he was being rescued by a masked knight from the clutches of an evil man. He grinned at the thought of being swept into the knight's arms and hugging him tight, never wanting to let go.

And that's when it hit him like a ton of bricks.

It happened for real...didn't it?

Vision still fuzzy, the Prince slowly lifted himself from the bed, hissing in pain at his throbbing head. He groaned as he managed to sit himself up and lean against the headboard. It wasn't until then he realized that the room he was in wasn't his own, but indeed Minho's. The thief must have brought him here in his sleep, he figured. Taemin lifted his arm to scratch the back of his neck when he also noticed that his hand was wrapped in gauze, and guessed that he'd gotten injured and didn't realize it.

The Prince felt touched at the caring gestures and smiled to himself, unaware that Minho was standing at the doorway of his room.

"Feeling any better?"

The Prince turned his head towards the door, a bit too quickly, he regretted, as he felt the throbbing feeling press harder against his head. "Not really..." he grumbled.

Minho sighed and sat himself at the edge of the bed, taking Taemin's hand into his as he looked it over for signs of recovery. The Prince let his limb go limp in the man's grasp, slightly grinning at him in gratitude for being so concerned.

"Oh...Minho, your leg." Taemin noticed the man's bandaged ankle and tried to reach out for it, only to be laid back down by the older male.

"It's nothing, Tae. Just a small cut. No need to worry." he offered him a smile. Honestly, the laceration in the thief's leg was much more than a little cut. A piece of broken glass lying at the bottom of the creek had managed to slash his ankle pretty deep, but he didn't want the Prince to feel too distressed over it.

"Since when did you start calling me that?" The Prince slightly blushed at the nickname as he pulled his arm away.

Minho shrugged and showed him an innocent pout. "What? Tae? I don't know...just felt like it suddenly."

Taemin's eyes went soft at the sight of the elder's cute expression, feeling a tingly sensation flutter in his stomach.

Stop it, Taemin! You hate him, remember?! You're angry at him!

Taemin suddenly recalled yesterday's shocking event, causing the ticklish feeling to disappear. He huffed and turned his body around so his back was facing Minho. The thief chuckled , thinking that Taemin was just acting shy and embarrassed rather than angry and annoyed.

"So how did those men take you anyways? I didn't hear any commotion around the cottage at the time." Minho wondered, tracing small circles on the hay-stuffed mattress with his finger.

"Of course you didn't..." Taemin mumbled softly, rolling his eyes under the quilted blanket.

"What?"

"Nothing." he snapped.

Minho frowned at his friend's sudden cold attitude and scooted closer to him, nudging his elbow at his back. "Taemin, is there something wrong?"

"I don't know. You tell me."

"Now what on earth is that supposed to mean?" Minho questioned, beginning to feel irritated.

"Why don't you ask your girlfriend that instead of me?" Taemin stated, sitting up and throwing the covers off of himself before getting up to leave the room. The surrounding scent of the older male began to make him feel nauseous.

Minho shut the door and easily blocked the Prince with his strong build, grabbing him by the arms. "Taemin, stop this nonsense! What are you talking about?"

"Let go!" Taemin struggled in the man's hold.

"Not until you tell me what's going on!"

"Fine!" Taemin shouted. "I ran away, alright! I didn't want to stay at this stupid place anymore, so I tried to leave! I hate it here, I hate this annoying feeling inside of me that won't go away, and I HATE YOU!" he screamed, tears threatening to fall. Not once in his life had he ever had an outburst like that before.

Minho growled and brought his arms to the teen's waist, lifting him off the ground and throwing him over his shoulder. The Prince kicked and screamed, but his strength was no match against the older male's at the moment.

The next thing he knew he was pinned down by his arms on the bed, a furious Minho holding him down. Both males exchanged glares before Minho spoke. "Why the hell would you do that? I trusted you! We all trusted you! Tell me the truth! Did we do something to make you upset or are you just a really good actor?"

The Prince's angry eyes dwindled under the man's flaming stare, and he bit his lip nervously. "I...."

"Well?!"

"I...." he paused for a moment, recomposing his confident stance. "I saw you!"

"Taemin, I'm growing impatient!" Minho responded, frustrated that the Prince still hadn't given him a proper explanation.

"I saw you with that girl behind the house yesterday! You were both....you were both kissing." his voice softened at the last sentence.

Minho furrowed his brow in confusion, still puzzled at what the younger male was so upset with him. "And why are my private matters any of your business?" he snarled, pressing harder onto Taemin's restrained wrists.

"B-because..."

Taemin looked away nervously, debating whether or not he should tell the truth. He wasn't 100% sure of his feelings yet, and if he spoke his mind rashly it could all crumble down on him in the end. And that's when he thought of a compromise.

Why not express my feelings through actions instead of words? 

Without another thought, Taemin craned his neck forward and pressed his lips against Minho's, completely catching the thief off guard. The tingly feeling was back.

Minho froze at the feeling of the Prince's soft kiss, and though his head told him to pull away, his body ref

Please log in to read the full chapter