Dandelions

When Four Thieves Steal a Prince
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: =_= Why did it take me so long to update? I'll explain later. But for now...I'M SORRY ;_;
 

"I win." Taemin declared, teasingly prodding the edge of his sword against the nape of Minho's neck.

Earlier, the other thieves had awakened after hearing the commotion from their dramatic argument in the kitchen, but fortunately the couple had pulled away from this kiss in time before they got caught. It wasn't until after dinner that night they were both able to spend time to themselves, and being the men they were both chose swordfighting over cuddling or kissing like most couples did.

"I let you win." Minho insisted. 

"You're just incapable of admitting defeat, aren't you?"

"Or perhaps you're just a sore loser sometimes."

"Oh, I'm the sore loser?"

"Yes."

"Remember who's holding the sword here." the Prince warned, tapping his finger against the blade.

Minho rolled his eyes. "Like you would hurt me."

"You're right....I care about you too much." he admitted shamefully, a small pout playing his lips.

Minho fake gagged. "You're so cheesy, your highness."

Taemin chuckled and removed the weapon from the thief's neck, then rolled over on his back to face the sky. The thief crossed his legs and sat next to the younger, smiling down on him.

"I'm so excited for Onew hyung's wedding. I've only been to one wedding before in my whole life, and it was the most boring event ever. The Prince of a neighboring kingdom was getting married and his parents decided to keep it traditional and dull. It was a night filled with boring speeches and bland ballroom dancing." he ranted.

Minho frowned. "Taemin, I hate to break it to you but the wedding is next week. You'll be going home in three days, remember?"

Minho clutched the patch of grass gripped in his hand in exasperation at the thought of Taemin having to leave. He knew it was risky being the Prince's lover (if he could even call himself that) knowing that someday they were going to be pulled apart, but he just couldn't help himself. When he was with Taemin, he felt as if a void had been filled.

He almost felt like he could love someone other than his parents.

"I'm aware of that. But who said I couldn't sneak out for a little while? No one will even notice I'm gone." he snickered, rolling over on his stomach.

Minho laughed softly. "I'm beginning to think I'm becoming a bad influence on you."

"Actually," Taemin began. "If anything....I really admire you, hyung. You're the man I've always wanted to be; brave, strong, intimidating." his voice trailed off towards the end.

Minho scoffed. "Trust me, Taemin. The last thing you want to be in this world is me."

"But those kind of things are expected in a leader." he ignored Minho's comment. "Pleasing the people is something I've trained for my whole life. It worries me sometimes that I won't be able to live up to my title and bring shame upon my family's honor. Just look at my father! He's wrestled grizzly bears, climbed up the highest of mountains, and dived off the highest of cliffs! And look at me. The most adventure I've ever had in my life was sneaking out of bed at midnight to go steal a snack from the kitchen without getting caught." he huffed. 

"And us." Minho quickly added.

Taemin frowned and rolled over on his side, back facing Minho. The thief sighed and inched closer to the other so that their bodies touched.

"Do you honestly think those things really matter?" he chuckled.

"Well, don't they?" he confirmed, looking up at Minho innocently.

"Tae..." Minho started, his tone firm. "Though those qualities can be desirable, they're not going to help you save a starving village or bring peace to this kingdom.The people want a ruler that is kind and generous; someone they can look up to when they need help or encouragement. You say that you won't be able to live up to your title, but honestly I'd be very proud to call you my king, Taemin. You have all of those qualities that will lead Seonggong in the right direction." he ended with a soft smile.

"You really mean that?" the Prince questioned.

"Of course I do." Minho assured.

The next thing he knew Taemin's lips were gently pressed up against his, and Minho got goosebumps all around at the warm feeling. 

"H-hey...you shouldn't do things like that so carelessly! Someone could've seen us..." Minho flustered, cheeks reddening after pulling away from the kiss.

Taemin giggled. "Alright, hyung." 

The thief's hand absentmindedly wandered across the soft blades of grass, and managed to come upon two dandelions sprouted next to each other, swaying back and forth in the light breeze. Upon the sight, he immediately plucked both of them.

"Make a wish." he said and offered the furry weed to the Prince.

Taemin's eyes widened in excitement as he snatched it from the older, twirling it in between his fingers as he watched the tiny bits of fluff fly from the stem. "But I thought you didn't believe in this kind of stuff."

"People can change." he shrugged. "Now are you going to make a wish, or what?"

"Let's do it together!" Taemin's eyes lit up as he brought the small plant to his face.

Minho chuckled and mimicked the action, then counted down from three before both men blew on their dandelions, sending the seeds scrambling around the open space until gradually they gracefully flew towards the sky.

"What'd you wish for?" Minho asked as he watched his wish float above him.

Please log in to read the full chapter