Preparations

When Four Thieves Steal a Prince
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taemin hummed happily as he strolled through the majestic garden of the Seonggong Palace. The cherry blossoms were bloomed at their fullest during this time of the season, and the Prince was always anxious to go on his daily walks so he could go outside and admire their beauty. 

He slowly lifted his arm, letting the gentle flowers brush against the back of his hand as the wind caused them to shift. Taemin giggled heartily to himself at the ticklish touch.

Maybe one day I'll have a special someone to share this magical place with.

His eyes lit up as he imagined himself, hand in hand with his lover, as they ambled along the many paths of the large garden and marvelled at its glory. They would laugh and share stories with each other along the way, and eventually chase each other around until they would grow tired and fall on the on the soft grass, laying there until nightfall. Then they would share one last kiss with each other before saying goodnight and fall asleep in each other's arms. The thought brought a smile to the Prince's lips.

Suddenly, a rustling noise amongst the bushes disturbed his tranquil thoughts.

Taemin slowly turned around suspiciously, but continued walking when he decided that it was just the wind that shook the foliage.

However, he couldn't shake off the strange feeling that he was being followed.

The Prince turned around once more, only to find nothing in his prescense.

He faced forward again and continued walking until all of a sudden a pair of hands wrapped themselves around him and hopped onto his back.

"TAEMIN!"

He shrieked at the unexpected attack, but came at ease when he realized that is was just his older sister, Princess Sunny. He laughed at her childishness and spun her around until she released her grip and swiftly landed back on the ground.

"God Sunny, you scared me!" Taemin chuckled and lightly slapped his sister's arm.

Sunny playfully bit at her brother's hand as he pulled away.

Though it was decided that she was to be an elegant princess since birth, Sunny was known to be quite the mischevious child. Her mother struggled trying to improve her etiquitte and poise, but eventually gave up on the girl, though still loved her the same. She also knew very well how to fight and fence, almost surpassing her own father, the king. Both siblings were very close with each other, despite their occasional arguing every household is forced to deal with. 

Though she was the first born, the law stated that only the first male child would be born the heir to the country. However, Sunny didn't mind much at all; she loved her people and couldn't care less about royal titles. 

"Are you excited for tonight?"

Taemin nodded. "Of course. Mother worked hard to prepare for this ball, so I'm sure everyone attending will have fun!"

The two continued walking down the rocky path as they chatted.

"Do you think you'll find "the one" tonight?" she nudged at Taemin's shoulder.

He shrugged. "If I am lucky."

Sunny scoffed. "You are a Prince, Lee Taemin! How could any girl possibly resist someone as charming as you?"

"I do not wish for a girl that drools over the sight of me, I just wish for someone that actually cares for the real me."

Taemin was sick of the "special treatment" he was given because of the fact that he

Please log in to read the full chapter