Taking Taemin

When Four Thieves Steal a Prince
Please log in to read the full chapter

The Prince held his breath, keeping his body completely still as the masked man laid on top of him, clutching the knife held against his neck.

A rustling suddenly coming from the bushes startled Taemin, causing the stranger to press the dagger further towards the boy's skin to ensure that he made no more sudden movements. Three masked figures came into view as they stepped out from the darkness of the garden shrubs.

"Took you guys long enough." Minho scoffed as his three teammates approached.

Though the thought of kidnapping an innocent person made Minho sick to his stomach, he didn't feel very sorry towards the Prince. The thief knew he had been through much worse as a child than what this wealthy, beloved boy is being forced to encounter at the moment.

"We're here now aren't we?" Jonghyun whispered as he kneeled towards the frightened Prince. "Are you sure this is him?" he asked, doubtingly.

"Take his mask off." Onew commanded the younger.

Taemin whimpered as the unknown man grabbed his head and ripped the disguise off of his eyes. He saw smirks of satisfaction plastered on their faces as his true identity was revealed.

"Told you." Key said as he reached into his bag and pulled out a bundle of rope.

Minho rolled his eyes. "Just hurry and tie him up!"

Key took the knife from him and kept it at the boy's neck. Minho grabbed Taemin by the legs while Onew and Jonghyun firmly gripped his arms.

"W-what do you think you're doing? Let me go!" Taemin whimpered as they began binding his arms and legs tight.

"Sorry your highness, but we do not have much of a choice." Onew politely addressed the boy, feeling a bit apologetic towards him. "Please just keep still and this will all be over soon."

Before the Prince could continue begging for his release, Key came up from behind him and tied a cloth around his mouth, muffling his cries.

"Got the chest?" Minho asked, struggling to hold down the fighting Prince.

"Yup." Jonghyun nodded as he pulled out a large wooden trunk the thieves had taken from the palace's grand foyer. "Let's get him inside."

Each man, save Onew who was deathly afraid of dropping the fragile boy, grabbed a limb and carefully placed Taemin inside the chest.

Tears blurred the Prince's vision as he gave his kidnapper one last pleading look. Minho only glared at the boy before harshly slamming the chest and locking it, leaving Taemin to lay frightened in the enclosed darkness.

How did I get myself into this mess? What do these people want with me? Why did I not listen to myself and go back inside? Taemin questioned himself as he quietly laid in the trunk, crying.

"Alright then. Let's get dressed and get out of here before the party ends." Key told the others as he tossed them the palace uniforms he had designed the previous night.

The thieves quickly stripped in the dark and slipped the clothes on before they were spotted by any of the guests. The four then grabbed the prince and carried the load around the side of the castle, not wanting to look to conscpicuous walking through a packed area with such high security.

"Damn it, this kid's heavy!" Jonghyun whined as they were halfway across the lawn. 

When they had finally reached the palace's side gate, which was also highly secured, two guards greeted them professionally as they noticed their palace uniforms.

"Her majesty requested that we take this trunk to the carpenter's. The lock has broken and is in need of a repair." Onew told them.

Unfortunately for Taemin, the inside of the chest was cushioned. Meaning that even if he was capable of moving his legs the slightest bit, he would barely be able to make the smallest noise to catch the guards' attention.

One palace guard stepped over to the furnishing and examined it briefly before nodding in approval to the four men.

"Proceed." he said as he courteously opened the gate for them.

They all exchanged quick bows and then lifted the heavy chest, feeling the vibrations of the boy thrashing around inside.

The thieves finally reached the main gate, their last obstacle before they were home free. They went through the same routine, but this time with six guards, making them all the more nervous.

"Proceed."

The thieves hung their heads low and did their best to keep their pokerfaces, though inside they were relieved that they were close to completing their mission.

However, as the guards opened the gate, a grand carriage pulled by ivory stallions came to a hault at the entrance.

"His majesty has arrived! Make way for the King!" the royal herald shouted for the guards to move aside.

Father. Taemin thought. The thieves immediately moved to the side with their captive kept hidden in the chest. They followed what the guards had done and got down on one knee as the King passed, with Taemin sitting behind them. 

A tall man, around his 50's, hobbled out of the carriage and grunted. He took in a deep breath and examined his home that he hadn't seen for at least a month. The King slowly walked down the path towards the castle, nodding to the respectful guards that were on their knees and then stopped at the four palace servants he had never seen before. He figured the Queen had hired new help during his leave.

"What have we here?" the King's husky voice boomed over their heads, making the thieves drip cold sweat. "What is the trunk from the foyer doing outside?"

Onew stood up and bowed to the man. "Your majesty. The Queen requested that we bring it to the carpenter's. The lock is broken and in need of a repair." He did his best to make sure his voice didn't quiver as he stood in front of the intimidating ruler.

"Hmm, I see." The King nodded as he his beard.

"Darling, you finally made it!"

. The thieves thought as the Queen darted towards her husband, who embraced her in a hug as she jumped into his arms.

He chuckled. "Was everything alright while I was gone? How have the children been doing?"

"We have all been wonderful!" she smiled brightly at her husband. "But I haven't been able to find Taemin inside! I searched all night! Will you--"

She cut herself off when she noticed the four servants with the chest lying on the side. The SHINee members silently cursed to themselves when she began walking over to them.

"What is this doing out here?" the Queen asked curiously.

"Why, you asked for it to be repaired didn't you?" her husband answered. "Have you been drinking tonight, my Queen?" he .

The Queen however, didn't laugh. She kneeled down and examined the unknown men's faces which she had never recognized before. "Could you be..."

On that cue, the SHINee members sprang up from their kneeling positions and pounced towards the guards. They drew their swords, how they kept them so w

Please log in to read the full chapter