It All Comes Down To This

When Four Thieves Steal a Prince
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Well, look who decided to join the fun." Woobin smirked as he advanced towards the intruder.

"Minho." Taemin slightly grinned, thrilled that his lover had returned but at the same time petrified at the thought of him getting hurt trying to defend him.

"So it was you..." the thief growled and clutched the sword in his hand.

"Surprised?" Woobin grinned in amusement. "That's right. I was the one who informed the Princess of the area you thieves were living so that I could get you out of the way, I was the one that kidnapped the Prince that night and tried to kill him, and I was the one that poisoned him. I'm actually surprised at how easy it was to do without an ounce of suspicion."

"You low piece of scum. How dare you! This kingdom was not meant for you!" he spat.

"All the more reason to claim it as mine."

"Why would you do something like this?"

The noble shot the man an evil grin. "I work for the king of the Moon kingdom. You see, we had a deal. I get my hands a bit dirty to take over Seonggong and unite it with our kingdom, and I get the title of being the king and rule under his terms and conditions."

"The people will revolt!"

"They wouldn't dare...my men will be sure to straighten them out if they even try. They're probably out killing your friends right now." he smirked.

Releasing a loud roar, Minho charged towards the noble with his saber lifted in the air, only to miss and stab the nighstand instead after he dodged the attack.

"You're going to have to try harder than that." Woobin said, snapping to his four henchmen to assist him.

Minho stepped back towards Taemin's bed to make sure that he remained unharmed as the men advanced towards him.

"You came back." the Prince murmered, weakly smiling up at his savior.

"Of course I did." Minho grinned sadly. It was painful to see his Prince in such a state. He was deathly pale, and it looked like he barely had the energy to stand up. "Don't worry, Tae. I'm here now."

"Please be careful."

"I'll try."

The soldiers then lunged towards Minho all at once, each aiming at a different spot towards his body. He managed to dodge some, while blocking others with his sword. He then clashed sabors with one and managed to throw him a good punch to the stomach before doing the same with another.

"Minho!" Taemin shouted to get his attention and slid his abandoned sword to the thief, who used the weapon to fight off two guards at a time. Soon enough, more henchmen had flooded into the infirmary, surrounding the thief and the Prince completely.

"You might as well give up now." Woobin emerged from the crowd of men.

"Why don't you just fight me yourself, you coward?" Minho growled.

"Now now, that's no fun. Why? Tired already?" he mocked as Minho struggled to steady his breathing. "Get him." he ordered.

Minho steadied himself and lifted his sword, prepared to protect Taemin at all costs. However before the anticipated attacks were brought upon the thief, the windows of the infirmary were suddenly smashed to pieces, causing everyone in the room to pause and look. Three familiar faces appeared through the smashed glass, swords in hand and ready to fight.

"Took you guys long enough." Minho grinned.

"We're here now aren't we?" Jonghyun shrugged as they lined up next to their teammate.

"You're friends won't be able to help you now, you're outnumbered." Woobin spoke up, scowling.

"We had no problems with that before." Onew responded.

The noble growled. "Get them."

"Close your eyes, Taemin. I don't want you to see this." Key advised the Prince, who reluctantly did as the man said. Moments after though, he ended up just opening them again. He was too worried to not watch.

The next few moments of fighting were composed of random kicks and punches as well as efficient fencing on the thieves' part. They did their best to create a barrier around the Prince though to make sure that he wouldn't be threatened.

"Hyung, behind you!" Taemin would call out to one of them every now and then. He didn't want to be completely helpless in this situation.

Piles of passed out and wounded men now laid on the porcelein floor of the infirmary, while the few remaining men fled the room.

"Come back here you cowards!" Woobin screamed, now the only one left standing for the thieves to fight. He trembled as he pulled his sabor from his belt. "Stay back!"

"We won't hurt you if you just surrender now." Minho threatened, advancing towards the noble.

"Never." he snarled.

"Then we have no choice."

The thieves charged towards Woobin all at once, but stopped immediately at the sight of the item he held in his hand.

"I have the antidote!" he declared, holding up the vile of purple liquid for the thieves to see. "Drop the swords and let me leave and I'll give it to you!"

"Don't trust him." Onew said.

"I'll smash it! I'll throw it away and your precious Prince and King will perish!" he threatened, his hand quivering as he held the medicine between his fingers.

"We don't have a choice then." Minho said, slowly reaching to the floor to put down his weapon. Key, Onew, and Jonghyun reluctantly followed.

"Now...give us the antidote." the leader slowly approached the man.

Woobin held out his hand to give it to him, when a sly smirk suddenly grew on his lips. "Fools."

"NO!" they screamed as the vile was thrown out of one of the windows. The noble immediately ran out the door before the thieves could catch him.

"He's getting away!" Jonghyun shouted.

"We don't have time to go after him, we have to find that vile before it's too late!" Onew declared. "Key you guard Taemin and we will go and search for it!"

They all nodded and Jonghyun, Onew, and Minho ran towards the door while Kibum wasted no time getting to the Prince's side to comfort him.

"Minho!" the man heard a weak voice calling to him and stopped. He turned around to see the Prince reaching out to him with teary eyes, and immediately rushed to his side.

"Don't worry Taemin, I'll find the antidote. I promise. Just hang in there." he swore, and kissed the ill man's forehead.

"I love you, Minho." he whispered and reached out to the thief's face.

"I love you too. Please stay with me, Tae. I'll be back."

And with that, he ran out the door to catch up with his teammates. Lucky for them the palace halls were empty and the garden was also left unguarded so that they could easily search.

"He threw it out that window so it must be around these bushes." Minho stated. "Start looking!"

Frustration erupted between the three after searching every ounce of the garden, and the vile sti

Please log in to read the full chapter