Epilogue

When Four Thieves Steal a Prince
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Am I being kidnapped again?" Taemin asked, tugging at the blindfold that Minho had placed on him as the older man guided him to an unknown destination.

Minho chuckled. "No, silly. Just be quiet and go along with it."

The Prince pouted as Minho continued to drag him along. "Well are we almost there yet?"

"Just about..."

"Can I take this ridiculous thing off now then?"

"Wait not yet! Just...about...now! Now you can take it off!" Minho announced and disappeared from Taemin's side.

The blonde teen struggled as he unknotted the blindfold. "Choi Minho I swear if this is some sort of joke I'm going to-"

Taemin silenced himself once he laid his eyes on Minho's big "surprise", struggling to find his voice from the shock of it all.

Two trails of candles formed a lit path that led to a spread blanket in the middle of the castle garden, a bottle of wine and assorted dishes of food placed with classy silverware sitting on top of it. Standing under the moonlit picnic was Minho, dressed in formal attire with a satisfied look on his face.

"I didn't know you were the romantic type..." Taemin grinned as he walked towards the smug looking thief. 

"There's always a first time for everything," he replied as he met his lover halfway through the walkway and looped his arms around him. "I hope his highness doesn't mind that we're dining on the ground tonight."

"Not at all."

"Good." Minho placed a gentle kiss onto Taemin's grinning lips.

After eating the specially prepared food Minho made, the couple spent the rest of their evening laying down and cuddling in each others arms, watching the star-filled sky above them. It was their new favorite way of spending time with one another. Whether it was pointing out different consolations and challenging one another to see who knew the most, or simply sitting in silent admiration.

"Minho?" Taemin suddenly spoke up.

"Hm?"

"Do you...miss them?"

"Miss who?"

"Miss...your parents," Taemin clarified, and sat up. "Do you ever just feel hurt and cry....just because you suddenly miss them?"

The man smiled sadly as he pulled out his father's watch from his shirt pocket, grazing his thumb over the initials. "Of course...all of the time. I've even had flashbacks and nightmares that continuously haunted me throughout my childhood. Somedays it was so bad that I wouldn't even go outside or leave my room. Even though I had friends and the orphanage I always felt so...empty. Alone."

Taemin frowned. "Oh..."

"But you know what?" Minho wrapped his arms around the Prince and pulled him into his lap. "These days...I don't feel so alone anymore. I feel like this void that had been empty almost my whole life has been filled up. My bad dreams turned into good ones, and that sharp pain that I used to feel in my chest whenever I thought about my parents disappeared and was replaced with good feelings; love and happiness, as cheesy at that sounds. I don't think I've ever felt his happy in my entire life, Taemin. And it's all thanks to you." Taemin blushed as he recieved a soft kiss on the lips from his thankful lover and grinned into his shoulder.

"But why did you ask that so suddenly?"

"Just...curious. Looking at the stars reminded me of that night we met and you got upset because of your parents. You always acted very quiet and scary whenever the topic was brought up, so I was concerned as to whether or not you're alright now." he said and cuddled closer into the older man's chest.

Minho grinned. "Thank you for being concerned, but you don't have to worry so much. I'm fine now."

"Good."

It was silent for another moment until Minho spotted two dandelions sprouted next to one another nearby, and swept both of them up between his fingers.

"Make a wish?" he asked, offering the fluffy weed to his lover.

"Was Mr. Lee absent today? He usually cares for the garden so well...I wonder why these are even here." Taemin looked at the dandelion curiously.

"Must be

Please log in to read the full chapter