F for Family

I Can be Tough

TOP POV

Hyunseung looks tired as he leans against the wall of the dirty apartment. I try not to gag at the smell of piss and stale cigarette's. The bot tied to the chair still hasn't woken up and his head lulls forward on his chest, the blood above his left eye beginning to crust. 
 
"This was the only one you caught?"
Hyunseung straightens up a bit and looks at me tiredly.
"There were two others but their not really up for interrogation right now."
"What did Doojoon say?"
The thin boy flinches slightly at the mention of his leader.
"He was pretty ing pissed. He's doing a sweep and he really wanted to apologize."
 
I nod without answering. Yoon Doojoon is the leader of Black. He's a built guy with a severe face and a good head for business. He doesn't really tolerate failure, not within his own group. Black was supposed to be in charge of the security for the recent exchange of Kimber handguns with the undergrounders form Thailand. No members of Blue even knew where all the guard's were positioned or even the exact time of the exchange until an hour before. So when Red showd up at the scene and managed to kill two Blue members, put the Black second -in - command in the hospital, and steal a ing crate of our merchandise.... I just feel bad for the poor bastard that thought it was a good idea to cross Doojoon.
 
"How's the sweep going?"
"We'r down to eight and they all plead innocent, so Hyung-nim's putting them in the box."
 
I notice the way Seungri pales to my left. Yeah i've seen the black box. Doojoon is a great leader, and i know for a fact that most of s would die for him in a second,, but the discipline in Black is no joke. My thoughts are cut short by a sudden groan and The boy in the chair shifting his head. I nod to Taeyang and he immediately throws a pale of cold water over the kid, causing him to snap into attention. His face is swollen and his mouth twists into distaste as he takes in his surroudnings. I try my best to muster a friendly smile.
 
"Now now, Nichkhun, that's not a very attractive face you're making."
Black hair falls over his bloodied forhead as he looks me up and down.
"It's been a whlie."
"Indeed."
 
Seungri leans against the wall and Hyunseung stiffles a yawn. Nichkhun smiles sarcastically, but it turns into a
grimace of pain on hus swollen face.
 
"Am i boring you, gentelmen? Let me go and i can assure you some more pleasant company, if you know what i mean."
 
Red owns all the best whor houses and strip clubs and Seoul. Their es are always the best and i'm pretty sure that Hyunseung even bought one a few years ago, a pretty little thing with long brown hair. Taeyang smiles easily and leans forwadr, winking.
 
"You're plenty entertaining for me, Khun."
"Good to know, , but i'll pass."
"Now, now, we'r not here to call eachother names. I actually wanted to ask you soemthing, Khun baby."
 
The boy slumps forward in the chair, his thick balck brows furrowed and i can tell he's got a pretty bad headache goin. He's not in the mood to fight, a good sign for us.
 
"We'r not really going to play this game, are we?"
"I don't know, it's up to you. I need answers and you have them. It can be as simple as that."
"But it never is."
 
I look at Nichkhun's purple and swollen face, blood crusting in his hair and above his eye, his plump bottom lip split open. He's a year younger than me isn't he? The same age as Jiyong.....
 
"No, i guess not."
*************************************************************************************
Taeyang is exchanging a few last words with Hyunseung before the younger nods and and turns to leave. I lift the cigarette to my mouth and inhale deeply as he walks over, hands shoved in his pockets.
"What were you talking about?"
"Just asking how Gi Kwang is."
 
I lower the hand holding the cig and look at him sympathetically.
 
"Youngbae, why don't you..."
"It's okay. He.... It's okay."
 
Gi Kwang is Youngbae's little brother and  the ing apple of his eye, his reason for existing. I don't know the details, but something happened a few weeks ago and now Gikwang won't even be in the same room as him. I let the subject drop as Seungri jogs over.
 
"I just got off the phone with the guy from Thailand. He was pulling the whole pissed thing and i had to agree to throwing in two .338 Lapua's but... I figured it was better than losing business."
 
He looks at me nervously and I ruffle his hair with my unoccupied hand, watching him relax as i do.
"Good job. Call Dara and tell her you're goin home."
Taeyang looks surprised.
"You're not coming? You've beend spending a lot of time in your apartment lately."
I shrug, taking another deep inhale and toying with the phone in my pocket. Taeyang notices and his eyes light up with understanding and amusement.
 
"Want me to tell Bom?"
"... Nah, she'll figure it out." 
**********************************************************************
Jiyong POV
 
I sit quietly eating my lunch across from Daesung, trying to ignore the murmurs and blatant stares of the other students. Take a picture people. Jeez it's a like a freaking zoo.
 
"I like it."
"Huh?"
"Your hair. I like it. You really do look f=good, and it suits you." Daesung shrugs and smiles that irritatingly contageous smile. "I like it." 
 
I grin down at my food. It's been a week since my little escapade and Umma has done everything in her power to get me to change it back. I even woke up one night to find her standing over my bed with a pare of scisoors. And i mean some big as shearing scissors, like a murder weapon from some ing horror movie. But i've been resilient and once she saw that i'm still dancing to her tune, she's backed off. Seunghyun has called me a few times ( the freak actually stole my number while i was sleeping) but i've ignored him for the most part, and it's been three days since his last call. But whatever, i don't mind. It's not like i want to see hime or any ofthose other people again. They're dangerous, not the kind of people i want to be involved with. It was stupid of me to try and escape. Unrealistic. A mistake. A momentary loss of sanity, and it won't be happening again. I regret every second of it.
 
Then why don't you dye your hair back?
 
I push the tiny voice to the back of my head and stab my mashed potatoes a little too visiously. 
 
"Hyung?"
"Hmm?"
".... Can i ask you something?"
 
I look up at Daesung. Brown hair falls in his face and his hands are folded neatly on his lap, food forgotten. His thick lips are pursed slightly and i can tell he's thinking hard. I put my own fork down. 
"Shoot."
"Areyouhappy?"
"I'm sorry, what?"
"Nevermind."
 
And with a red face and a flustered bow, Daesung is gone, leaving to wonder what the hell just happened.
 
Daesung POV
 
Pabo pabo pabo pabo!! I can't believe i just asked him that! Hyung's confused face flashes in my mind and i pray that he didn't understand what i said. I sigh and sink to the floor in the middle of the hallway. A teacher give me a sideways glance but doesn't stop to say anything. She probably thinks i'm having some rich kid angst or whatever. I get a few more inquisitive glances from some students on their way to the cafeteria and decide to take my inner strife somewhere more private. As soon as i'm safely locked in a bathroom stall i whip out my f=phone and begin to text, hoping that Youngbae will see it. We've talked almost every night since the accident and i think i might just have a majorly ginormous crush on the older boy. He's sweet and funny and always listens to me. He works a lot so sometimes he doesn't get my texts until a while after i sent them, so i smile with relief as the screen lights up almost directly after my text. 
 
From: Younbae
To: Daesung
 
Hey you. What's up?"
 
From: Daesung
To: Youngbae
 
Nothing much. Lunch time at school. How r u? You've been working a lot lately.
 
From: Youngbae
To: Daesung
 
Yeah, things have gotten a little hectic and my boss is in a pretty bad mood. Isn't gettin enough lovin from his y little girlfriend ;p
But hey, you wanna see eachother tomorrow? I'm goin out to a party w/some friends and i could use a date.
 
I blush and try not to giggle like a girl at the thought of a date with Youngbae. It's Saturday tomorrow, and my parents are probably going to another meeting at the bank to settle some debt issues. 
 
From: Daesung
To: Younbae
 
Sounds good. Meet at the usual place?
 
From: Youngbae
To:Daesung
 
Sure, sounds good, from there i'll drive us to the party. Now go back to class, i don't want you to get into trouble b/c of me.
 
He's so impossibly sweet. I'm about to unlock the stall when i sudden thought hits me and i send Youngbae one last text.
 
From: Daesung
To: Youngbae
 
Do you think it'd be okay if a bring a friend with me? He's been feeling kind of down cu his mom is a .
 
From: Youngbae
To: Daesung
 
Fine with me, baby. 
 
I smile triumphantly to myself and scurry down the hall as i hear the bell ring for the next class. Now all that's left is to invite Jiyong. Suddenly my gut twists a bit and my good mood falls. Because that's not nearly as easy a task as it should be. 
 
a/n: Sorry if this felt like a totally useless chapter, especially after i made you all wait so long. i wanted to give a little bit of background to tha gang. More than just drugs, Blue sells weapons on the black market to other countries. They manufactor most of their own weapons. Remember, i'm making this up as i go along. I have very little knowledge of what goes on in gang life other than what the tv tells me, so i'm kind of doing my own thing here. Sorry if it . I want this fic to become heavier and more serious.