Crash Call

I Can be Tough
JIYONG
 
It's strange, dizzying really, to change so fast. To one moment be me, the real, sarcastic, slightly aggresive, Kwon Ji Yong, and the next moment be the complacent little puppet created by my mother. The stingingg sensation in my right cheek only augments my confusion and i'm pretty sure that if i looked in the mirror i would clearly be able to make out all five fingers splayed across my cheek in an angry red. Dami noona is standing on the stairs, her eyes wide and her small hands twisted into her skirt. She looks so upset and scared, i hate seeing her like that. 
"You're not listening to me!"
I see the hand coming before it hits and respond without even thinking. Dambi's horrified glare is the first thing I can really focus on since returning to my home in the same clothes i left in. Dambi's horror and my mother's rage as my hand clamps firmly around her wrist.
"I don't know what you're thinking or where this came from, but i can promise you one thing, Kwon Ji Yong...."
her voice is cold and cruel and comanding and everything that i have learned to fear and hate in my seventeen years of life. She digs her nails inot the hand clamped around her wrist, pulling it off.
"... This will nnever happen again."
And any inch of freedom i had, any slight relief from the tight barbed wire, is gone. They'r all back, only now they feel more like chains.
*********************************************************​ 
 
Daesung is sitting on my bed, head down and twiddling his thumbs. I arch a brow in surprise.
"My mother let you in?"
His head snaps at the sound of my voice and he flinches notcably at the angry red mark on my cheek. He shakes his head and pushes himself off the bed.
 
"She kicked me out, so I snuck in through the window. I was worried when you didn't show at school, skipping isn't something your umma would let you do.... unless you were hit by a truck.... maybe."
 
He smiles that face splitting, eye squinting, smile and i grudgingly smirk back. This kid, for all his stupidity, is impossible to hate. I lie on my stomach next to him and smile as sweetly as I can. After the smile i shared with the girls in the car, this fake one hurts my face a little. But it's familiar and I'm used to it.
 
"Please don't worry, Daesung-ah. I don't know what came over me, really. I thought i'd just go for a late night walk, but it felt so good. Really, I must have been unwell."
 
He looks like he wants to say something. He meets my eyes for a moment then looks down, hesitating.
 
"Go take a shower, hyung. You smell like cigarette's."He gave a quick bow and jumped out the window, leaving me sitting alone with the buzzing in my head.
 
DAESUNG POV
 
I feel the familiar burning in my throat as the crisp Autumn air slaps me in the face. I love Ji Yong Hyung. He's my closest friend and dearest hyung. I admire everything about him; his intelligence, his looks, his courage. Even the way that he fights the world all by himself by pretending to be someone he's not. I think it's his most amazing quality... at least, that's what i used to think. I don't know when it started to hurt so much, seeing that smile. I know that he's lieing to everyone, lieing to me. I know that he's hiding something. I see it sometimes, the way his eyes fire up for just a second, the way his nose crinkles and his lips twitch. Sometimes, for just a few seconds, I catch him screaming silently at the world. But then it's gone and i'm left to wonder if i ever really saw anything at all. Twelve years by his side, did he really think that he could hide completely from me, decieve me? But just when I start to think like that, I realize that for ten of those twelve years, he was doing a pretty damn good job. It kills me inside, the fact that I have no ing idea who the person I claim to be my best friend really is. I scoff at myself and wipe away an angry tear. Best friend? Right, the best friend that he didn't even bother to talk to abou this planned escapade. Face it, Daesung, hyung has never, not once, concidered you his friend. And, in the end, that what kills me the most. In Ji Yong's world, he's all alone. These thoughts are tairing me apart, eating at my brain, and i'm so distracted i don't see the motorcycle speeding towards me until it's too late. I cover my face and wait for it to hit me, for the feeling of breaking bones and torn flesh. But it never comes. Instead i hear a horrible screeching and smell burned tires. I peek through my fingers to find the cyclist laying on the floor, his bike a good three feet in front of him, laying on it's side. As soon as i realized hwat happened i run to his side, helping him up.
 
"Omygodareyoualright?"
 
He pulls his helmet off and there's already a bruise forming on his forhead and a lsight cut on his lip. His pants and jackey are ripped on the right side and his mohawk is disheveld and flattened. I turn him to face me, watching the movemoent of his eyes to make sure he doesn't have a concussion. To my relief he seems fine, just a little confused. Suddenly, our gazes meet and his eyes widen almost impossibly. Two huge hands have suddenly captured myface and his slanted eyes are running up and down my body. Looking at him closely, he doesn't exactly seem like the guy you'd want to get stuck in an elavator with. I try to pull away, starting to panick, but his grip tightens and his eyes snap back to mine.
 
"Did i hit you? Are you okay? I was so scared, oh god, I wasn't even looking and suddenly you were just there, and I- Christ! You're not hurt, are you?"
I shake my head dumbly, completely caught off gaurd by his voice. It's not the kind of voice you'de expect to come out of such a sharp eyed, well musceled guy. It's soft and smooth and-
 
"I'm so glad that I didn't hurt you."
Oh. My. God. I don't think guys like him should be alowed to smile like that. He's so- Daesung! Wake up!
 
"Omo! I should be the one asking if you're ok! I was totally spacing out, it was all my fault and you got hurt because of trying not to hurt me and-"
He cuts me off with his laughter, again, surprisingly soft for a guy like him. His hands move from my face to my shoulders and squeeze lightly.
 
"I've had worse, it's no big deal. Come on, up you go. I'll give you a ride to wherever you were going, kay?"
I let him help me up and watch as he straightens his bike up. It's all black with some kind of blue sticker on the back. He holds out his helmet to me and i stare at it dumbly, causing him to laugh again and put it on for me.
 
"What's your name?"
"D-Daesung."
"Yeah? I like that. Tell you what, Daesung, how about I buy you some coffe or something before taking you home? Just as a littl apology for almost running you into the pavement?"
 
I'm suddenly glad for the helmet hiding my face as it heats up and I begin to splutter incoherently.
"Sounds like a yes to me. I know just the place."
He pulls me onto the back of his back and wraps my hands around my waist as I try desperately to distract myself. Wait...
"What's your name?"
"What?" He leans back against me as he starts up the scratched up bike.
"Your name!!"
 
He turns around and flashes me that killer smile, his teeth sparkling and his eyes squinting up.
"It's Youngbae!"