SUDDEN OUTBURST.

BOOK OF LOVE
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“A relationship needs constant attention. It’s a living thing, not just a habit. You’ve got to keep on top of it”

Weeks have passed by and I’m busier than ever. I’m doing a lot of things nowadays that time is once again a struggle for us. Yes, we work in the same building, we’re just a floor away from each other but we cannot even see each other for we’re so occupied by other things. I told myself that I’m going to try my best to give her the right amount of time that she deserves, but it’s not even possible for now. I’m really lucky for Ishi is understanding and she’s being so patient about this.

I must admit, our lack of time and communication is getting the best of us, to the point that there are things that changed already. I don’t know, but Ishi is becoming a little possessive these days and it’s just a bit weird for she’s not really the kind of person who will get jealous right away. But, it’s really a drag for she doesn’t even have to worry about me hitting on other girls coz I’ve got my eyes only on her and I can’t even dare to look at others anymore.

“Jiyong…have you seen this already?” Teddy hyung asked the moment I arrived at the studio.

“What is that hyung?” I went to him and got shocked the moment I saw an article on the internet.

“You and Juri are seeing each other?” he asked and I sighed.

“Well…yes…we bumped into each other a couple of days ago….I invited her for dinner just to catch up …but that’s just it hyung…there’s nothing more to that” I told him and he smirked.

“Congratulations Bro! You’ve got another rumor! Your name is once again ringing the bell” he said sarcastically, making me sigh.

A few days ago, I bumped into a good friend of mine and I invited her for a meal, simply because we haven’t seen each other for a long time. She is a beauty queen and she’s been doing television shows as well. I’ve been linked to her once a few years back and it died down for we are not really what they think we are. Well yes, there have been attraction and a bit of flirting, but it didn’t go up to another level.

“OMO! Sorry” I said when I bumped into someone.

“OH! Jiyong-ah!” a girl said and I looked up to see who it was.

“Juri-ssi” I said in surprise and she giggled.

“Yaaa…..long time no see!” she said and patted my shoulder.

“Aigoo….we haven’t seen each other for YEARS!” I told her and she sighed heavily.

“You’re so busy…how can we see each other? Anyway….how are you?” she asked and I chuckled.

“You know what? Why not we catch up over dinner? What do you think?” I asked and she gave a nod right away.

“Alright…no problem…I don’t have anything to do anyway” she agreed and I smiled at her “Wait” she said.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Are you sure this is just fine? I mean…we’re in public and people will surely recognize us…you know so well that I’m not into scandals anymore…the last time that I’ve been in a scandal is when I was linked to you and it’s not a very good experience” she answered, making me laugh out loud.

I can’t afford to have another scandal coz I’ve just got out from one. I’m sure that once people see us together, they will speculate once again and next thing I know it, my name and hers will be all over the newspaper and gossip sites right away. That’s what I don’t want to happen, for I’m sure that Ishi would go ballistic once she sees those false articles.

For us to have a little privacy, I brought her to a friend’s restaurant and got a room reserved for us. We are being careful coz we both don’t want to have a scandal.

“So….how are you? By the way…congratulations on your new album…I bought both versions of it and I must say…you are really a genius….you’ve done a good job once again” she told me while waiting for our food.

“Aigoo…isn’t this awkward? You just called me a genius and it’s not really like that…I just did what I’m supposed to do...anyway…thank you” I told her shyly, earning a giggle from her.

I don’t know what this girl has eaten, but she is not like the Juri that I know before. I feel like, she has changed a lot and her being timid and quiet is nowhere to be found now and it’s much better.

“How’s your life? Love life? Well…I don’t want to talk about careers because I want to get out of it even just for a while” she said and I gave her a nod.

“Same here…work has been eating me raw and to tell you honestly…this is the first time in weeks that I’ve gone out for dinner…I’m always at the studio rehearsing or recording” I told her and she smirked.

“Tell me what’s going on with you now? I’m really curious” she said and I sighed.

“I’m doing so good…I’m happy…contented…actually…I cannot ask for more…I’ve got a good paying job…I can buy what I want…travel anywhere and I’ve got a good girl beside me” I said and she gasped.

“OMO! Did I hear you right? You’ve got a girl?” she asked and I giggled.

“Who is she? Is she the same girl? Mmm…the one living in Japan?” she asked and I shook my head.

“Oooohhh….this is a different one” she said and I gave a nod.

There’s no point for me to hide my relationship to Juri since she’s a friend and I can trust her with this secret. I feel so excited the moment we started talking about Ishi and our talk is making me miss her more.

“Tell me something about her” Juri said and I feel like I transported into another world.

“mmm…her name is Ishi Shin…she’s a college student….well…she’d be graduating in a few days….she’s really a great girl…we just bumped into each other and felt sparks right away…she is a good person…really bubbly and her wit will make you fall in love with her….she’s funny…childish…prankster and sweet….ah! She is really independent…the kind of woman you want to take care of but stays firm that she can handle herself” I told her and she smiled at me.

“I can see and feel that you really love her….you seem so proud and happy…you’ve found your ideal girl already Jiyong…and I’m so happy for you” she said and I gave her a nod.

“Yeah...she is everything that I want in a girl….it’s like God has put a little bit of everything in her….she’s got flaws but to me she’s spotless” I said and next thing I know it, my mind is clouded by Ishi already.

“I have to meet her you know…I mean…I wasn’t able to meet your ex when you told me that you will introduce us to each other…now…I will totally bug you just for me and your new girl to meet…I’m going to tell her how much you love her” she said and I blushed.

“Alright…we’ll set a date…right now…she’s also busy with school and training…but don’t worry…I’m going to give time for that” I told her and she smiled.

Our topic is mainly about love and our own relationships. She’s got a boyfriend now and like Ishi and I, they are also hiding from the public. We can pretty much relate to each other and it’s crazy for we are also dealing with the same issue. I guess, time is really a problem to couples who have careers that really demands a lot. At least now I know that we’re not the only one going through this issue.

“Actually…part of me aches at the thought of her being so close yet so untouchable…Hyan suk hyung doesn’t want us to show affection around the workplace and it’s really hard for there are times when we bump into each other in the hallway and it happens that she’s with her co-trainees…of course…they will pay respect and bow…or greet …they even call me sunbaenim…and here is Ishi…doing the same thing when she doesn’t even have to…she’s being possessive as well…getting jealous of whoever I’m with and she’s not really like that at all” I said and sighed.

“You know Jiyong? I guess…being in a secret relationship is really a big thing for it’s never easy….honestly…I’m not yet used to all the hiding and denying…..but…do I have a choice? No…that’s why all I do is it up and go wi

Please log in to read the full chapter