Back To Where I Am

If I Could Reach You {Complete}

The ride back home has been long and heartbreaking.Tears ran freely all the way home.The faces of Jiro seems to play  along.The thoughts of not seeng him for the rest of her life is the one that hurts her the most.

By the time she reaches their town,Selina has pretty much have calmed down but the pain in her heart still remains.The sinking feeling like you just want to stay where you are and not move and do nothing at all came to her.The sadness is killing her.

The familiar silhuoette of their house came into view as she tried to fix herself before meeting her family,not that they will mind.She parked the car in front of the driway.Alan's car is alreay parked outside.She took out her luggage as she headed for the door.She was surprised when it opens by herself andd out came her two boys and Allan all are ready to welcome her,The boys ran to her to hug her and kiss her as the two of them grabbed her attention from her present heatache,

"Mommy we have been waiting for you." Bryan said."Michael keep on asking when are coming home."

"Well Mommy is home now.So what have you been doing lately?" Selina said.

"Nothing much,we miss you Mommy." as she kiss them all over again.

":Me too Mommy...." Michael said.

"Daddy does not know how to cook.He doesn't do it right." Bryan said.

Alan smiled with a grin."At least I tried." as he came near her and kiss Selina on the cheeks."So how was your conference?"

"It is alright,nothing much." as she tried to avoid his eyes."Uhmmm everybody smells good...."

"I took a bath Mommy and so is Bryan.We want to smell good for you Mommy." Michael said.

"Oh I am so glad....I am so glad to be back home." Selina said "And now let Mommy clean up too.It is a long drive home." as she stood up to go their bedroom.Alan grab her by the waist as he murmured something in her ear."I miss you." as he gave her a smile...

Selina felt her skin crawl up and she got burned by Alan's touches.....how come she felt revulsion on his touches and she felt that she is cheating on Jiro instead of the other way around ....She ran to the bedroom to shower.....and as she took a shower she cried some more.......

After shower Selina prepared dinner.She made some roasted chicken with herbs and made some corn and some mashed potatoes to go with eat.They have a happy family dinner.The boys are glad to be eating real food again.After dinner,they watched TV,And Alan excused himself to go to the nearby pub who was own by his friend to watch a ball game with the boys....

After watching a program the boys are tired already as Selina tucked them in for the night.She went back to the comfort of their room and watched the late news....Flashes of Jiro's images came to her as she was watching the news....everything seems to remind her of him....as she fall asleep...as tiredness claimed her....

Jiro stayed rooted in the room long after Selina was gone...he does not feel like travelling back home to an empty apartment....Here at least the memries of Selina still lingers on.her smell in their pillow,in the linens and in the towel ,The room is still filled with Selina's presence in his life.

Then his reverie came to an end when his cell phone rang....he tried to ignore it but the call keeps on going on and as Jiro ran out of patience to answer it....And it is Cyndi his girlfriend....she have been trying to get to him but was unsucessful.

"Jiro where are you? I have been trying to reach you  for days now." Cyndi asked.

"I am here Pa on conference,I thought I told you." Jiro answered.

"I thought you have told me bt maybe I just missed it.Anyway my folks are here for a visit.They want to see you and wants to talk to you.They want to know what are our plans for the wedding and all next year,cause they have plans of themselves." she said."In other words,we have to set a date soon."

"Can i get back on you in this.I have to check my schedules and you have to check yours..." Jiro said.He cannot think of a wedding when he is all hurting inside...

"They want to see you this weekend.Tomorrow to be exact.Can you make for dinner?" Cyndi asked."And we haven't seen each other for weeks already."

Jiro was unable to answer...A dinner with Cyndi's parents to set the date?He is not even ready yet.How come marrying Cyndi now feels so wrong...marrying her does not seems right nymore.he loves Selina now.But will he just throw away the years that he has been with Cyndi? Forget Cyndi and replaced her with Selina who is a very much married woman? A woman he can never have even if he wants to.....

"Jiro are you still there.So can you make it tomorrow?" Cyndi asked.

"I am so sorry Cyndi,I can't,I have an important meeting tomorrow.I'll just call you when i get home alright?" Jiro said.

"Is something wrong?You sound down or something." Cyndi asked.

Jiro wants to scream and shout that his whole world fall apart today and that he cannot think about tomorrow cause he knows that Selina will not be there for him. But instead Jiro said  "No nothing is wrong.Everything is alright.I'll call you.Good bye Cyndi." as he hang up.He even fogot to say I love you like he usually does....

That night as Selina lays in bed and sleeping,she woke up by the weight of Alan's hand on her waist as he pulled her closer to his body.The smell of alcohol in his breath made  Selina nauseous,as he tried to kiss her,But consciously or unconsciously she fought him off...

"Alan please I am so tired,I am not in the mood." Selina said.

"So my touch is not welcome now? it has been weeks Selina and you have not forgiven me yet?" Alan asked."Well don't blame me if I go outside looking for it.It is not like you can fulfill my needs when I want to ." as he got up and walked out of their room.

Selina was left in the bed wondering and crying......If Alan only knew.....that they are in the same boat as it is.....guilty of loving somebody else.....