Four

Only Time

TRACK 3 - BEAUTIFUL MOON

 

[December 3, Tuesday]

“Hyung! You’ll be late for work!” Kai jumped over the sleeping Kyungsoo who grumbled and duck his head under the comfort of his bed sheet.

“It’s my day off Kai…”

“Oh really? Sorry then.” Kai stopped jumping and settled down on the side of Kyungsoo’s bed. Then Kyungsoo peeked from the sheets and saw that Kai was still wearing the same old clothes that he had since the day that he met him. He felt sorry that Kai had to be stuck with him with no luggage.

“Hey,” Kyungsoo whispers to Kai.

“Hm?”

“Let’s go out today since it’s my free time.” And you need a new pair of clothes too.

“Really!?” Kai was really happy since he had been stuck in the apartment for a week now and he was starting to get bored with doing the same old routine. He hugs Kyungsoo who was still under the sheets. “Thank you hyung!”

“Sure, sure. Now get off my bed and let me sleep for a few more minutes.”

“Aw, that can’t be hyung. Let’s go now!” Kai pulled the sheets off Kyungsoo, making the latter groan and mad that he kicked the younger boy off the bed.

He wasn’t like this when I first met him. How can he be so… childish… but… that seems to be the real him unlike being a stone cold person that’s unapproachable…

Kai was kneeling on Kyungsoo’s bed side with a grin plastered on his face. Making the older boy’s heart flutter on the handsome face and childish smile that the younger boy gives.

____________________

“Remember,” Kyungsoo was walking beside Kai who was wearing borrowed clothes from him. “Don’t get yourself lost. Don’t talk to anyone. And here’s the apartment’s address along with my details and number.”

Kai took the paper from Kyungsoo’s hands and read it for a moment. “Okay.”

They were at the streets of Myeongdong. Everything was bizarre to Kai, though in his heart he felt like he had been here before.

“Let’s go.” Kyungsoo called who was at the other side of the automatic door of a big building. There were posters and flat screen TV inside, advertising different fad. May it be clothes, shoes, accessories or store, different people with make-up on their faces on expensive looking clothes were talking on the big screens. Different yet very familiar. Had he been here before? Or had he been one of them? Kai thought as he looks on the entire flat screen TV inside the big building.

“Wh-where are we?” Kai wearily asked.

“We’re at the mall. We’re going to buy you some new clothes.” Kyungsoo smiled assuring at Kai.

With Kyungsoo’s smile, Kai’s heart seems to settle down and gave away the panic feeling.