15

You Are... My Savior

 

15- leaving



 

 

My POV.

 

                I was so busy preparing my models, preparing what clothes that they should wear, their make-ups, and else. I was really nervous that time. Actually, that’s why I want Baekhyun to come, so he could make me felt better. I already checked VIP seats, but I didn’t see Baekhyun and manager oppa on their seats. I felt both my hands, trembled.

                And this is the last day, I could see him.

 

FLASHBACK_

                “Miss, are you sure you already talked about this with your guardian?” my principal asked me, after I handed her my resign letter from this school.

                “It’s nothing to do with my guardian, Mrs. It’s my own decision and I already think a lot about it.”

                “But you’re a talented one. Well, if you could get better from outside, I’ll let you go.” She sighed and put my letter on her drawer. I bowed at her, “Thank you, Mrs. I hope so.” I smiled bitterly.

                I walked to the door when I heard my principal called me, “Miss, but you won’t miss the exhibition, right?” I nodded at her and left.

END FLASHBACK_

 

                The fashion show started. I got number 3 out of 5 designers that will show off their creation today. It makes me a bit relief, but my nervous still couldn’t leave. I checked to their seats, and I saw manager oppa, already sat there, without Baekhyun. I frowned. Did he forget about it?

                I was going to call him when my phone rang. It’s him.

                “Hello?” I answered, tried to stay calm.

                “Miyeon! How things are going? You know, I didn’t forget your invitation but I still stuck in Japan, my plane delayed. I was managing it so I could see you, but looks like this condition… .” He cursed after his long explanation. “I’m really sorry.” He managed to catch breath.

                “It’s okay. Glad you’re calling. It cut down my nervousness.” I said.

                “If I could fly by myself, I’ll fly, run to you right now, and hug you so you won’t feel nervous.” He sighed deeply. “You said we are going to have dinner later, right? I hope I already finished all my work.”

                You have to come.

                “I try okay? Don’t sad! We still have a lot time.” He chuckled.

                No, we don’t. It’s our last day. Then I heard the emcee called my name. It’s my turn and my eyes flooding with tears. “Baek, it’s my turn now. Be careful on your way.”

                “Fighting! And… just think I’m on your side. I love you.

                “Thank you.”

                And I love you too.

 

---

 

                The show went smoothly. Actually a lot people were offering Miyeon jobs, but Miyeon can’t help it. She has to leave Seoul tonight.

                “Miyeon, I heard you resign yourself from the school? Why? You already told this to Baekhyun?” asked manager oppa after the show finished. He gave me a cup of coffee.

                “I-I will tell him about it. I’ll do that, oppa. So you don’t need to tell him.” I accepted the coffee and take a sip of it.

                “He must be upset, you know that? Why you don’t try to continue?”

                “I… I know. But the atmosphere didn’t really match for me, oppa.”

                “Fine… but you must study harder. Look people is interested to you know.” He stood from his seat. I rolled my eyes and laughed. “I’ll think about it.”

Now, she sat between the crowds of guests’ in restaurant, waiting for Baekhyun to come. She already waited for him 3 hours ago there. She kept glancing at her wristwatch, hoping Baekhyun will come soon. She didn’t want to call him; she will just wait him there.

 

2 hours later…

 

                “Miss, we are going to close a moment,” said the waitrees.

                “Ah… okay, I’m sorry.” I said and bowed. I took my coat and went out from the restaurant. It was very cold that time. I kept rubbed my hands to warm myself. I checked my wristwatch, 5 minutes to go, before everything is ended. Then my phone rang.

                “Miyeon? Are you still out there?” said the caller before I said hello.

                “No, I arrived at home like 3 hours ago.” I answered, looking at the dark sky. It’s snowing.

                “I’m sorry, I have practice until late.”

                I smiled forcedly, “Baekhyun, you work very hard today.”

                “Yeah, I know. Now I’m tired, but it’s okay since you’re there.” I could sense he was smiling that time.

                “Take care of your health,” I glanced at my wristwatch again, “Go back practice. See you again.”

                “You too. See you tomorrow.”

                Then I turned off the call. Tears welling down, and my phone back rang, the sound was shorter. A message.

                Your time is up. – Hareum

               I walked through the snow that pouring hard and went to my apartment. My apartment now being an empty room, I already packed all my stuff into boxes. I already sent half to the Gwangju, my grandpa’s house. No one knows about my grandpa’s house in the Gwangju beside Yoohwan. Ah, talking about Yoohwan, he was the one who helped me to move all of my stuff.

                I sat in the cold floor, hugged my knees. I turned off my phone and released the battery. I took out the sim card and broke it into two. I took my suitcases, and leave my apartment.

 

Baekhyun’s POV.

 

                “The number you’re calling is not reachable. Please try again in a few minutes, or check…”

                This is the nth times already when I tried to call her today. Is she still at school? Then I remembered she once told me about her friend’s number called Mina. She said I could ask Mina if I can’t contact her. But I don’t know who the hell is Mina and I’m pretty sure it will sounds awkward! Impossible if I should revealed my identity. Suddenly, Jongin’s head popped out from my door.

                “Hyung, what are you doing? Kyungsoo hyung told me to call you. He said he already bought what you want.”

                “Wait, I can’t reach Miyeon and try to call Mina but…”

                “WHAT? Hyung! Why you don’t tell me you have Mina’s number? Mina… we’re talking the same person, right?” he jumped to me and sat beside me. “You know Mina?”

                “Yes! I knew her! Miyeon’s friend. I once met her at the hospital when you were sick. But I never contact her after that.” He said happily.

                “Call her,” I gave him my phone. “And ask if Miyeon with her. I think she was her closest friend so she must know about it. Don’t know why I have bad feelings.”

                He looked at me before he took my phone. The he started to make a call.

                “Hello?”

                “Hello? Who’s speaking?” she asked.

                “Mina, right? I’m Ka… aish. I’m Jong! Still remember me?”

                “Jong? Wait…”

                “We met in the hospital with Miyeon noona! Remember?” I smacked his head because he called Miyeon ‘noona’. “Ouch hyung!” he said without voice.

                “Ah… you’re Miyeon’s boyfriend dongsaeng? The weird guy with mask?”

                “Just ask her about Miyeon!” I elbowed his hand.

                “Yes I am. Mina-ya, hyung is desperate because he couldn’t call Miyeon today. Are you with her now?”

                “Sadly, no. I don’t see her today. She isn’t attending school today.”

                I started worrying her. Where’s she going? Maybe manager hyung knows. He was the one who met her yesterday.

 

---

               

                “Hyung, did Miyeon say anything to you? I couldn’t call her today and her friend said she’s not attending school today.” I sat on his desk.

                “She didn’t tell you anything yet?” he took off his glasses. I shook my head.

                “She just was being weird yesterday. Yet? Hyung just tell me what’s going on.” I furrowed my brows. Not knowing what happened.

                “She promised me to tell about that to you by herself, though.”

                “Hyung…” I pleaded.

                “Fine, yesterday the principal told me that she resigned from school. She resigned like one week before her first and last show. I asked Miyeon on the show if she already discussed this with you, and she said she will tell you soon about that.”

                I gaped. This fact makes me more afraid to visit her apartment more.

                But she promised me.

                “Baekhyun? Just check her apartment, then.”

                No. it’s the last choice. One more place to go. To show me that yesterday she already prepared this weirdest thing and I was the one who messed up, being fool not knowing her indirect message.

                I went to the restaurant where she reserved a place last night. I felt my hand cold, as cold as the weather today. I pushed the door of the restaurant with my shoulder and a waitress greets me there.

                “Have a lunch sir? How many people?”

                “Umm… no, actually I just want to ask something. Can I know who take care this restaurant last night until it closed?”

                “Eh... It was me, Sir. Did you lost your stuff or something?” she asked, afraid.

                “No. I’m not. But… Did you see a girl with this tall, long brown hair with specs last night?” I showed her Miyeon’s height with my hand. She furrowed her eyebrows at the first and then she nodded.

                “I think she was the one who wears white dress and stay late until we almost closed. She was waiting something. Until I told her we are going to close soon, she apologize to us and then she leave,” she took the reservation book on the table. And then she pointed to a table in the corner of the restaurant. “She sat there. She booked that place… 1 week ago? Her name is Park Miyeon, sir.”

                .

                “Thank you.” I said and hurriedly left the restaurant. I ran into her apartment quickly, until my body sweating between the cold airs.

                You promised me to not leave me, right?

                You are still there and waiting me, right?

 



 

ORZ I took 1 month to update this LMAO. and sorry for short update!

Thank you for waiting! Don't forget to comment and subscribe as well guys! And mind to check my another story as well? Thank you!

Love Lasts Forever (One-shot, completed!) | Do You Remember? (on progress)

*it's 1.32 in midnight and I have to go to college tomorrow at 9 omg*