09

Eternally Bound by Blood

 

Chapter 9

 

.

.

.

 

giphy.gif

 

.

.

.

 

 

Later on in the evening, when Jieun had finally managed to calm Chanyeol down, all seven of them sat around her table. The level of tension in the air was so thick, that you could easily cut it with a knife. What with the fire breather shooting death glares at the seemingly innocent new duo, while Suho and Baekhyun do their very best to strictly advise him against doing anything rash. Lay, on the other hand was once again remaining oblivious as he chewed his food thoughtfully.

 

“Suho hyung, can’t you see that they are practically the devils reincarnated?!” He banged his fists on the table with an unhappy scowl, causing it to tremble under the sheer intensity of his strength. 

 

Luhan blinked owlishly, halting his hand halfway to feeding the somewhat reluctant brunette. While the maknae was far busy trying to wipe off the excess soup droplets which had escaped from , his tongue sticking out in concentration.   

 

“Chanyeol, they are just helping Jieun-ah. I do not see anything particularly wrong with that.” The leader stated neutrally as he took a sip of the warm chicken soup, though he too felt a twinge of jealously at merely the sight.

 

The male in question bristled in unadulterated anger. “It’s the way that they’re doing it though, Suho hyung! They’re trying to seduce my Jieun-ah away from me again!”

 

“…Excuse me? Are you stating that I belong to you?” The unimpressed girl turned towards him with narrowed eyes, as she folded her arms over her chest. Luhan, using this opportunity while her back was turned, to shoot him a devious smirk.

 

“A-Ah, .” Immediately, he blanched in fear of facing her wrath. “I didn’t mean for it to come out in that way, I just thought that I would warn you to be aware of the twin devil’s trickery!” Good save, Chanyeol. He inwardly patted himself on the back for his fast thinking.

 

Jieun’s eyebrows furrowed together as she slowly turned around to face the mentioned pair, of who instantly switched their smirks into innocent, angelic smiles the moment her eyes fell upon them.

 

“Why are you calling them devils, Chanyeol-pabo? They’re the innocent victims in this situation!” She scolded him lightly, clicking her tongue in disapproval.

 

Just when he was able to protest even further, she shot him such an angry look that if looks could kill, he would be sprawled dead on the floor at that very second. “At least they weren’t the ones who tried molesting me in my sleep.”

 

Knowing that he was fighting a losing battle, he held his hands up in surrender as he grudgingly returned his attention back to his food. One day, I will get you two-faced devils back. Just you wait.

 

The young girl took a bite of her slice of bread, mulling over her thoughts as she slowly chewed. She still could not get over the murderous, intent to kill look that was undeniably presence in the innocent eyes of the two newcomers.

 

Aish, if I didn’t see that, I would have never thought that they were capable of doing such immoral things. Subtly, she sneaked a sideways glance at the sulking Chanyeol, with the light wielder rolling his eyes at his side.

 

I’m sorry that it seems like I am doubting your words, but you need to see that I’m only doing this for your benefit.  You’re all brothers, so I do not want you to fight because of me.

 

“Kitty, you’ve got some crumbs on your cheek.” Luhan cooed, with the equal amount of affection from that of a parent to a child, mindful of the glares that Chanyeol was shooting in his direction.

 

“Oh, thanks Luhan.” She smiled in response as she moved to wipe it off with her tissue, a tinge of embarrassment colouring her cheeks.  But before she could even lift her hand to do this, she could feel someone else already cleaning it off.

 

“There, you’re all clean again, little kitten~” Sehun breathed near her ear, both his practically honey coated tone and the proximity between the pair was enough for her to flush uncomfortably. Seconds later, he leaned back to look at her with an easy-going grin, somewhere in the background Jieun had sworn she heard something snap.

 

Inwardly thankful for this distraction, she whirled her head around to identify the culprit. Low and behold lay a broken pair of chopsticks, one half still being clenched firmly by Chanyeol’s fist with a scowl spread across his boyishly handsome face. Baekhyun on the other hand, just about suppressed the urge to smack his forehead in annoyance at his brother’s antics.

 

Aish, this boy…he really needs to learn how to control his anger. She released a weary sigh as she moved to stand up to retrieve another pair of utensils. The leader noticing this, immediately stood up with lighting speed with his reassuring smile.

 

“No need to stand up, Jieun-ah. I got it.” Within a matter of seconds, he had picked up a stray pair of chopsticks on the counter and returned back to his seat to give to his brother. Just before he dropped it in the fire breather’s awaiting hands, he directed a meaningful glance at him to calm his emotions.

 

In response, his shoulders slumped down with a dejected facial expression. “I’m sorry for breaking your possessions, maiden.”

 

The brunette shook her head at him, causing him to assume that she was still annoyed with him. Why can’t I do anything right?! I swear those two are making me look bad in front of Jieun-ah!

 

“You’re being silly Chanyeol-pabo; just try not to hold them too tight next time, hm?” She smiled good-naturedly at him, as she reached out to pat his head comfortingly before returning to her own plate.

 

The male in question felt his eyes widen to roughly the same sizes as one of his brothers, he could not comprehend why his heart was beating at an irregular pace as he stared at the girl sitting before him.

 

Luhan and Sehun exchanged a look of bewilderment, feeling that they had somehow lost this round. They would have to up their game from this point onwards.

 

.

.

.

 

By the time the food was finished, plates washed and dried and the table cleared away, it was already ten o’clock. Jieun covered as she yawned before stretching her arms over her head tiredly. Aigo, its strange how much looking after these boys really tires me out.

 

“Kitten, come play with us~” Sehun pouted as he tilted his head to the side, very much like a puppy, his blond companion copying his actions simultaneously, his eyes making him look like a deer.

 

“YAH, can’t you see she’s tired you devil twins? Let her rest!” Chanyeol folded his arms over his chest as he tapped his foot impatiently.

 

The kind faced leader nodded in agreement. “If you’re feeling exhausted, please do not hesitate to sleep Jieun-ah.” He looked shy for a moment as he scratched his neck sheepishly. “I could carry you to your room, if that is what you wish.”

 

“That’s sweet of you to offer, Suho-ssi but honestly I’m fine—“

 

“Can I carry you then?” Chanyeol asked eagerly.

 

Jieun sniggered to herself as she could easily imagine him with a tag wagging furiously behind him. “Again, I’m fine. There’s no harm in staying up a bit longer, really.”

 

The devil twin’s ears perked up as they grinned in triumph, throwing their hands up in their air with a happy “Wooo~ Kitty’s the best!”

 

The light controller simply shook his head as he shushed them to be quiet. “Don’t be so loud guys, there are other people living in this apartment too.”

 

The brunette sent a grateful look towards him. Thank goodness for his rational thinking, at least there’s a few of them I can trust to behave.

 

“Boo~ How boring!”

 

“You’re such a party pooper!”

 

Jieun took this as an opportunity to grab the book as she quickly flickered over the pages just after Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s, only to find completely different names and images. Usually, the pictures beside the descriptions would be faded once they had appeared in the human world.

 

Kris and Tao huh? Were they supposed to be here instead of Luhan and Sehun?

 

Nevertheless, despite the questions that were burning inside her, she flipped the page over until she reached what she was looking for.

 

.

.

.

 

Birth Name: Lu Han

Birth Date: April 20—

Height: 178cm

 Specialties: By means of telekinesis, he has the ability to control the movement of various objects or living things but must be within a reasonable distance to do so. Also, he can manipulate the mind such as controlling memories.  

Description: Mischievous and deceitful, do not be a fool to fall for his youthful doll like features it is most likely for him to take advantage. However, if you are able to become close to him then he will not hesitate to protect you. Very close with his brother, Sehun.   

 

Birth Name: Oh Sehun

Birth date: April 12—

Height: 181cm

 Specialties: He has complete control over the flow of the winds which range from small breezes to dangerous tornados. 

Description: Easily influenced by his brother’s presence, is considerably dependant on Luhan. Childish at times as he likes to play pranks on his fellow brethren, he is the youngest of his brothers. There is an undeniable strong bond between the dubbed ‘twin devils’ as they are virtually inseparable.

 

.

.

.

 

“Did you find anything interesting?” Sehun appeared over her shoulder, peering at the book impassively.

 

“Geez, at least give me a warning before you give me a heart attack Sehun-ssi.” She huffed as she placed a hand over her fast paced palpitating vital organ. He looked unfazed as he shrugged nonchalantly.

 

Chanyeol inwardly fumed at the nerve of the maknae of the group. How dare he be so rude to Jieun-ah! The insolent brat needs to be taught some manners.

 

“Do you have any burning questions to ask us?” The baby faced male arched an eyebrow at her as he leaned forward slightly, a knowing grin curving on his lips.

 

The young girl blinked before lifting her gaze upwards to meet the teasing hazel orbs that were owned by Luhan. Hm, he really does look like a doll. Ageless, beauty that will live on forever.

 

“That’s so generous of you to say, kitty~”

 

It was unmistakable that the silky smooth voice belonged to the smug male grinning at her. Her eyes widened in shock as she took a step backwards as she slowly pointed at him.

 

“Y-You just spoke in my mind!” She whispered almost inaudibly as she felt her knees beginning to buckle. But with the advanced senses of the demons in the room, they were able to pick it up effortlessly.

 

In an instant, she could feel several presences forming a half circle around her body as steady hands stabilized her. Lay her hair, his natural healing power seeping into her system as he did so, making her feel calmer and more alert of her surroundings.

 

“You shouldn’t scare her Luhan.” Baekhyun stepped forward protectively in front of her, his formerly neutral look melting into a hard, stern expression.

 

The male in question merely waved it off casually. “What’s with that attitude, dongsaeng? You should speak more respectfully to your elders.” He sneered mockingly.

 

Chanyeol growled fiercely, his voice deepening by the second as if that were possible. “Maybe if you didn’t act like a spoiled brat all the time, we wouldn’t have to treat you like one!”

 

“Yah, don’t be act so high and mighty yourself. Luhan was only having some harmless fun!” Sehun fought back heatedly, the piercing words of his brother only fuelling his anger to defend his ‘twin’.

 

“Guys, please can we all calm down and talk this out like adults.” Suho stepped in-between them with an impassive expression. Though slightly hesitant, the fire breather did not question the authority of his leader. However Luhan and Sehun were a completely different matter.

 

“Why should we listen to you? You’re not the real leader of Exo, Kris is!” The blond male smirked, seeing the calm composure falter faintly.

 

“Even if Kris were here, I know that he would agree wholeheartedly with Suho.” The quiet healer spoke up, as he remained close to Jieun.

 

“Heh, you’re all gotten soft since we’ve last seen you. Has this girl been brainwashing you with her idiotic human ideologies?”

 

“Don’t you dare talk trash about Jieun-ah!” Chanyeol roared out, as steam began forming around his figure, evident of his impending rage that wanted to be released.

 

The girl in question felt useless as she watched the spat being thrown back and forth between the opposing sides. This is my own house and I am letting these demons say the hell they want, well not if I won’t put a stop to it!

 

“She’s just a weak human, just because she freed us doesn’t mean we have to be grateful to her. In fact she should be gracious to us for saving her pathetic human life!”

 

SLAP.

 

The resounding noise of hand colliding with skin echoed through the room, also the deep breathing of the girl who glared murderously at the ‘twin devils’, the name sounded almost fitting to them now.

 

“Let me just get a few things straight with you guys.” She started darkly, her fists shaking with unadulterated anger. “I could not give a monkey’s if you want to act all superior or spurt whatever bull you come up with, but I just want to make it clear that I will not tolerate it under my roof because I get enough off that from other people in my life. You got that?” She narrowed her eyes dangerously.

 

Reluctantly, the pair felt like dogs with tails between their legs as they nodded obediently.

 

Chanyeol beamed with pride as he nodded in approval. The light wielder felt his eyes widened at the confidence that was practically radiating from her form, but slowly he felt a smile starting to curl at the edges of his lips.

 

Suho could no longer remain indifferent as he looked at Jieun in a completely new light. She’s not only kind hearted and generous, but she is not afraid to speak her mind to people like Luhan and Sehun. All traits make her the ideal person for her chosen purpose.

 

However, the usually oblivious lost-in-his-own-world male was far more concerned with the fact that if maiden were to not calm down within the next few minutes, she would most likely collapse from the impact of her pelt up emotions.

 

“Jieun-ah, maybe it is best if you rest now.” He met her eyes, feeling slightly overwhelmed by the amount of irritation evident in the formerly calm brown irises. 

 

The girl in question softened under the gentle gaze of the healer, knowing that he was only concerned for her welfare. Slowly, she could feel her anger chip away, tiredness quickly replacing it as she did not even notice her eyes beginning to drop.

 

“No—I’m not done talking to these guys, I’m not tired at all!” She tried to keep her open, but all her weak attempts were futile under the strong urge to sleep.

 

“Go and rest, we will deal with them.” The leader smiled angelically.

 

“…Arraso, I’ll be leaving it to you Suho.” She saluted cutely before she finally allowed sleep to overcome her senses as she fell limp into Lay’s arms, completely unaware of what she had just said as she was in peaceful oblivion.

 

The healer placed his arm under her knees and the other around her back to make her more comfortable, feeling surprised by how light she was. No wonder she always feels faint, she must not eating properly.

 

The fire breather stared fondly at the sleeping form of the brunette, her hair flowing over her back making her look like a sleeping beauty as he nodded at his brother who walked towards her bedroom.

 

“Now, do you still think she is weak? Her physical state may not be up to our standards, but emotionally she is one of the strongest. Never underestimate her abilities just because she is a human.” Baekhyun stated as he folded his arms over his chest.

 

Sehun looked lost as he turned to his brother for guidance, only to find that he was still dazed—the faint print of the hand mark was still slightly visible on his face. 

 

“First thing in the morning, you will apologize to Jieun-ah for your behaviour. Then, you will do all you can to make it up to her, as you are well aware now you are living under her roof and not under the domains of our old home.”

 

Luhan nodded stiffly. “I understand, Suho.” Glancing sideways at the younger male with a meaningful look, he quickly murmured the same with a respectful nod to his hyung.

 

This human…dared to approach me in such a manner. He could not place the foreign feeling that swelled in his chest as the memory of her narrowed eyes penetrated through his mind. He ran a hand through his hair in frustration, not knowing how to deal with this unfamiliar emotion. He could not understand for the life of him why he wanted to make that human his.

 

But he knew one thing for sure, as he exchanged a secret look between Sehun, who shared similar thoughts as they practically shared the same mind, that he would not let himself be beaten by the competition, as he inwardly scowled at the memory of Lay holding the fragile human in his arms, even if they were his brothers.

 

That human would be theirs soon enough.

 

.

.

.

 

Author's Corner                                                                                                                                                 

 

...Now that was pretty dramatic, hm? The start of the chapter seemed so promising and sweet, only to end on such a bad note. At first, I wanted to make their characters sweet, but since I had taken some inspiration from the Hitachiin twins *from Ouran High School Host Club, SHAME ON YOU IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEM* they are loveable by being mischievous and the such ^^;

 

I tried to get at least everyone speaking in this chapter, so I hope I didn't leave anyone out!

 

Also, I will explain a few things in case you were confused within revealing too much spoilers.

 

1, As shown in this chapter, Kris and Tao were supposed to be the next ones out. There is a certain sequence that is is usually followed, but I won't say why this happened...yet :) 

 

2, Luhan speaks to Jieun telepathically. As explained, he has control of not only movement of objects but also the mind, meaning that he can read/speak to anyone through the means of the mind. The reason behind this, again I will reveal in chapters to come!

 

Oh! And some cool news, I have requested a poster for this fic! I'm really excited to see what it's like, so I shall be posting it when it's ready ^^ 

 

(I'm being lazy, so I will reply to the comments tomorrow I promise <3) It's nearly the end of my school break *Nooooooooooooooooooo~* 

tumblr_m9j6aiJQ7W1reyupco1_500.gif

Tao says thanks for reading and sticking with me until now! :D

*and that he loves you~*