18

Eternally Bound by Blood

 

Chapter 18

 

 

 

nightsky.jpg520775-demon__s_eyes_by_charro666.png

 

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

This wasn’t exactly what I had in mind when I said I wanted my mattress back. Jieun grimaced, her eyes trailed over to her bedroom door wistfully. All around her were snoring bodies, all ranging to a degree of light bordering-on-the-line-of-cute snoring to deafening blow horn noises. She shook her head in disbelief, watching with idle interest as the pastel shaded beddings that hung overhead drifted slowly back and forth with the slight breeze from a nearby open window to allow some fresh air to counteract the humid summer air. 

 

I would have been fast asleep by now if they just let me sleep in my own room. The brunette quietly clicked her tongue, an unhappy frown played at the corners of her lips.

 

But much to her own chagrin, she could not find comfort in the blissful sanctuary of the dream world, no matter how many attempts she made of closing her eyes. Instead, she found herself lying in the middle of her living room—which by this point looked a complete state, with piles of pillows and mattresses sprawled all over the place, she would never know how they managed to fit all of it in the small room.

 

Jieun blinked slowly, feeling more awake as she glanced around her surroundings in an attempt to kill some time. She had ordered them to keep an appropriate sleeping distance away from her, which at first they complied with—though some a bit reluctant than others. However, it had seemed that a few had conveniently rolled over in their sleep as they cuddled the closest being to them. Which wasn’t their pillow or one of their brothers. No. It was the lucky and fortunate her.

 

On one side, Chanyeol clutched onto her arm, his baby face scrunched up in discontent until the brunette hesitantly albeit awkwardly patted his head, instantly resulting in a smile to blossom on his face. It was only when she removed her hand that he started to whimper, much like a kicked puppy or a baby that had its toy taken away. She could feel warm breath ghost around her neck, she craned her head backwards only for her face to flush deeply at the close proximity between herself and Jongin. If she were to have moved closer, her lips would have made an accidental collision with his. She thanked the gods above that he was sleeping, given by the indication of his gentle breathing for saving her from trying to come up with an explanation. From her other side, an arm belonging to Luhan was draped around her mid-stomach, almost with an air of possibly interpreted possessiveness For a moment, she thought he was going to open his eyes, leaving her to wait with bated breath, only for him to let out a soft snore as he rolled over thus removing his arm in the process.

 

Well, at least he moved first, otherwise I wouldn’t have been so lenient. She thought in scorn, shifting slightly to try to make herself as comfortable as she could in her predicament. Though, her previous thought was instantly revoked when the blond male in question returned back to his original position, but this time he snuggled closer to her as he let out a contented sigh, his head dangerously close to her chest. Jieun could feel her eye twitch at the gall of the baby faced male. Sehun had refused to let go of her hand—in his sleep mode, as he took up the vacant space by her knees, clenching onto their intertwined hands as if she would disappear if he were ever to let go.

 

These guys are such babies, such dependant, clingy boys. She shook her head, though a look that could be akin to affection lingered on her face for a millisecond before it left again. The leaders of the group did not stray too far, unlike the others they complied obediently and respected her wishes without even a trace of annoyance. The same applied to Lay and Baekhyun, who although remained close to her, did not overstep their boundaries. The latter occasionally whimpered quietly in his sleep, a trait that she did not expect him to have, but was nonetheless nothing short of adorable. Kyungsoo was taking up residence on Jongin’s free side, a calm expression etched on his face as he was lost in the land of dreams. While the oldest member was slouched over the armchair, Xiumin let out incoherent words into his pillow before silence eluded once more. Tao on the other hand was relentless on sleeping on the couch, not being keen on sleeping anywhere near her. Jieun didn’t really mind that much, the farer away she was from that arrogant with a stick-shoved-up-his- panda, the better.

 

The only one missing was Chen. She had an idea where the quieter member of the group was, having woken up one night before to his melodious, smooth shiver inducing singing. She never told him that though, not wanting to intrude on something that he wanted to keep personal and private. But there was always that curious feeling at the back of her mind, wanting to hear more of his voice, that longing emotion that opened up whenever she recalled hearing his singing. It was rare for the male to even utter a few words, let alone string a whole song that could compel you to feel a hundred emotions a minute. Half of her wanted to stay where she was lying, not wanting to disturb him when he was most comfortable while the other half pleaded with her to get up and look for him.

 

This is one of your only chances to speak to him. The voice at the back of her mind whispered, in an attempt to try and entice her to move. Curiosity bubbled up inside her head, thoughts lingering on the reserved boy of the group. It wouldn’t hurt to check up on him, since I haven’t exactly been the most hospitable host to him. She gnawed on her lower lip in guilt.      

 

Finally resolving what she was going to do, she slowly shifted her way out of the makeshift fort, cautious of a few who stirred in their sleep before they settled back in their comatose-like states. The brunette placed a pillow in Chanyeol’s arms to replace her--to which he snuggled happily with, probably assumed it was her—while she carefully moved Luhan’s arm over her to hold onto Sehun’s hand, the latter pouted as if aware of her actions.

 

Once she tiptoed her way around the soft mattresses, it wasn’t until her feet touched the bare floor that she let out a sigh of relief; having somehow managed to sneak around when she wasn’t the quietest person around was a complete miracle. It was highly annoying that the only times you needed to sneak around and be quiet was when your ever move suddenly intensified in sound. The petite girl padded her way through her apartment, straining her ears for any indication of the whereabouts of Chen was.

 

Is he possibly outside? She mused to herself, poking her head through all the rooms but found no sign of him around. Small pools of panic started to seep into her mind, though she tried not to over think things too much especially with her sleep deprived mind. It would be no good to anyone if she were to make any irrational decisions. The brunette let out a long drawn out huff as she placed her forefinger on her chin thoughtfully. Then where else could he be?

 

It was only when she listened carefully did she hear a faint yet distinctive voice being carried into the kitchen, she blinked a few times before her gaze led her to her balcony doors that was right next to her sink. I had actually forgotten about that. Since the unforeseen arrival of the twelve demons, she could not remember a time where she spent her evening sitting outside of her apartment just to admire the sky and all the twinkling stars decorating the vast, surprisingly calming dimensions. Just to sit down by the rails and to be able to ponder over the events that occurred during the day or to not even have to think at all—just admiring the tranquillity of the atmosphere was enough. 

 

Jieun noticed that the doors was left open ajar when she wandered into the kitchen, the only source of light came from the rays of the moon from the glass of the door making it somewhat easier for her to navigate around the island table without bumping into things blindly. As she gradually got closer, she could make out the silhouette of his back. There he was, leaning against the balcony rails with his eyes set on the early morning sky, the stars were brightly shining as they stood out in contrast to the black curtain identified as the night sky. His eyes softened, his lips slowly closed after finishing the last note of his song effortlessly. The sound of his voice drifted into the dark abyss, the sparking stars twinkled as if delighted by the Chen’s singing.

 

She could not help but feel mesmerised by his voice. Sure, she had heard Kyungsoo sing—and that itself was a spectacle to behold, but there was also something special about this one. The brown haired girl lightly tapped her burning cheeks, feeling a touch of embarrassment of practically fangirling his voice. The sound seemed to snap the male out of his train of thought, causing him to jolt in surprise as he spun around with his arms outreached as if preparing to fight.

 

The ebony haired male blinked, the fierce look instantly evaporating as he allowed his eyes to adjust for a moment before he tilted his head to the side inquiringly. “Jieun-ssi? Is there something wrong?”

 

“No! Nothing at all, I’m sorry for interrupting you, I’ll just go now!” She waved her hands hastily in front of her face, taking a few steps back as she had second thoughts about speaking to him. However, her attempts did not appear to discourage him as a concerned look became more apparent on his features. He advanced closer though more tentative, as if approaching a frightened animal.

 

“Are you sure? Would you like me to make you some tea to help you sleep?” He tried to coax her, extending his hand out to her with a friendly smile.

 

Jieun felt tighten up; her palms were getting sweaty and uncomfortable. Why do I suddenly feel like someone who’s got a schoolgirl crush? She inwardly shrieked out, half-aware of how ridiculous she must look right at this minute.

 

“I’m seriously fine, I just wondered where you were that’s all. But now I know you’re okay then all’s well and good!” She stuttered out, feeling the strong urge to smack her forehead the minute she spoke.  

 

Honestly, you couldn’t be anymore obvious.

 

Chen raised an eyebrow though he did not retrace his hand, his tone dropped an octave. “Were you eavesdropping on me?”

 

Jieun suddenly narrowed her eyes, folding her arms over her chest defiantly. “No, would it matter if I did?”

 

He remained poker faced for a few seconds until a shy smile broke out on his face, nearly causing her to frown at the sudden change in disposition. You would think some of these guys were bipolar or something, they change their emotions more than me on a bad day. She thought in unveiled suspicion.

 

“D-Did you like it?” Abruptly, he turned bashful as his gaze averted to his feet. 

 

…What the heck? The brunette felt her eyes widen in shock.

 

“U-Uh, I didn’t really get to hear much of it honestly.” She scratched her cheek sheepishly, only for her words to result in a crestfallen Chen. Frantically, in an attempt to wave away his worries, she let out a nervous chuckle. “But this wasn’t the first time I’ve heard your voice. I was really surprised when I found out you could sing, and I mean really sing. You’re gifted with a special talent, you know that?”

 

The thunder controller slowly raised his eyes to meet hers somewhat timidly; it was only when he noticed the true sincerity in her eyes that he brightened up considerably. Jieun allowed a small smile to grace her own face as she walked closer to him. “That’s better; you look much nicer when you smile. You should do it more often,” With that being said she nudged his arm with a playful look.

 

“I’m glad that something I can do can gain such praise from you, Jieun-ssi.” He bowed his head humbly.

 

The brunette pursed her lips together. This is like the whole maiden thing all over again. “Now, now there’s no need to bow. Honestly, it was a real privilege on my part to be able to hear you sing. I’m just sorry that I did it without your permission.”

 

Instantly his eyes widened, his arm moving out to touch her shoulder but at the last minute his hand merely grazed it before snapping back to its original spot. “I do not mind at all, if I knew that you had already found out about my singing, then I would not have hesitated to let you hear more…if that is what you would like, Jieun-ssi.”

 

“That is something I would like very much, Jongdae-ssi.” Warm hazel eyes crinkled in contentment, the owner merely smiled back at the male before she walked past him to lean against the railings, relishing in the feel of the light breeze fluttering against her skin. Chen could not physically bring himself to take his eyes off the dazzling girl before him; the moonlight only seemed to intensify her beauty as she gazed with wonder up at the moon. Upon his first encounter with her, he simply disregarded her as being clumsy and therefore did not bother interacting with her as much as his brothers did. But no matter how many times he tried, he could not shake off the foreign feeling he got when he held Jieun in his arms…she was the perfect fit, as if she was the missing piece to his puzzle.

 

There were times when he would be overcome with jealously during the moments when his brothers would converse and touch her so freely, it made him wish a hundred times over that he was close enough to be able to speak to her. But it was his damn pride that earned him the consequence of creating even more distance between himself and Jieun, much to his own dismay.

 

But now, it seemed that things were changing. As he watched her with tender eyes, she turned back to shoot him a smile as she gestured for him to join her stargazing. This time, however, he wasn’t going to screw it up.

 

“So, what exactly is this ‘university’ you are planning on going to?” He piped up the courage to ask, taking a few shy glances in her direction. He lacked the extensive knowledge that his brothers Suho and Lay possessed about the human world so he did not have enough information to be able to have a range of conversation starters. Chen could not suppress the feelings of curiosity bubbling up inside him, a foreign child-like sort of emotion that he was not used to feeling.

 

She half turned towards him, leaning against the railings with a soft smile resting on her lips. “It’s a place where you can specialise in a certain field of work, whether it be for a Medical or for a subject based degree like Maths or English. You develop the knowledge you’ve gained during the school years to theoretically increase the chances of a person’s employability.”

 

The ebony haired demon widened his eyes ever so slightly, unintentionally causing him to look younger than he appeared. “And what degree have you chosen to learn, Jieun-ssi?”

 

“Well, I originally wanted to become a children’s nurse. That’s why I’ve been volunteering at the children’s centre at the hospital to gain some experience, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to pay for all the necessary fees included. So instead I decided to study English as a second language to be able to be a middle school teacher.”

 

“Are you unhappy that you were unable to fulfil your ambition?”

 

She pondered for a moment, averting her eyes to the night sky as her smile thinned slightly but enough for him to notice. “I would be lying if I said I wasn’t. When I was younger, I kept changing my mind on what I wanted to do when I got older. Its funny how at that age, you’re told that you can become anything you want if you put your mind to it.” A softer look replaced her sombre expression, folding one arm over her chest loosely.

 

“I remember always accompanying grandma to the hospital for her checkups; I spend most of my time in the children’s wards just watching how caring and kind the nurses were with the children. I did not understand until I got older that most of the children did not have homes to go to or some unfortunately were unable to respond well to the treatment given to them. That hospital is closed down now, but there was a special charity based room for sick children who did not have any money to pay for the medical fees. But what really made me aspire to be a nurse was that feeling of hope and giving light to those children’s lives even though nothing seemed to be going right for them. That warm feeling I got when I saw those severely ill children even in their final days smile so brightly and filled up with so much optimism that it made me want to be able to comfort someone like that. To be able to make their days just a little bit better by doing small things like talking to them, smiling at them, being by their side when they had no one else… that is what I wanted to do most and still do till this day. However, sometimes in life things don’t often go as you plan it to go, even if you want it so badly, it may be disappointing at the time but you eventually learn to accept it.”

 

Chen blinked slowly, trying to absorb the information as quick as possible. He merely stared at the girl before him in awe; the rays of the moonlight shone on her form which highlighted her dark hair against her pale complexion, the strands were untied and cascaded down her back. The male had to physically restrain himself from reaching out, the urge to see for himself how soft her hair was, his fingers twitched against his will. A particular sensation suddenly surged within him, a feeling he couldn’t distinguish. But at that moment, he didn’t care, all he wanted to do was relish in the limited time he had with Jieun. It was times like this that he envied Tao’s powers.

 

“You’re an exceptional person, Jieun-ssi. If only every other being was like you, the world would be a better place.” Before he was even aware he spoke, his lips moved without his consent. But he didn’t regret his words as he discerned a faint blush dusting her cheeks, a feeling of satisfaction of being able to incite such a reaction from her. 

 

She let out a dry bark of laughter; he found that he quite liked the tingling sound that never failed to make him shiver. “It’s easy for you to say such a thing when you’ve only known me for short amount of time, I can assure you that as much as I would like to say that my attributes are akin to that of a person with a heart of gold, the statement itself would be an exaggeration. I know of many other people who are more deserving of your praise yet are unrecognised for their hard work.”

 

The thunder demon exhaled deeply, nudging her to the side with an unconvinced look. “Would it kill you to just accept my compliment? As much as it is all well and good that you are humble about yourself, you need to more accepting of the traits of your personality that make you the kind of person that people look up to or aspire to be like.”

 

Jieun merely smiled, shaking her head in evident disbelief. “I don’t mind having compliments, who wouldn’t? It’s just that you’re making me sound like I’m Mother Theresa or something.” Chen raised one eyebrow at her with a questioning look before he beamed at her. “I’m not entirely sure of who that Mother person is, but whoever she is, I bet that your contribution to the world will be greatly appreciated too.”

 

Honestly, comparing me to one of the most kind-hearted and gracious people that existed on this earth is astounding. She just about resisted the urge to pinch the bridge of her nose, setting on a tight lipped smile before returning her attention back on her forgotten task of stargazing, she spoke absentmindedly to him.

 

“So, what’s it like in your world?”

 

 

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

The obsidian painted sky had gradually fainted into a lighter shade of blue, the morning sky peeking through as it lightened up the atmosphere, a few wisps of clouds sprawled around looking like soft candy floss with pink tainting the horizon—creating a relaxing image for those who were early birds.

 

Jieun stirred in her sleep, her face scrunched up as she lifted an arm to cover her face. But even then, underneath her eyelids she could still detect light, so she rolled onto her stomach and snuggled into her pillow to hide away from the unwanted presence of the daylight.

 

I’ll get up in ten minutes; I just need some more sleep. She smiled subconsciously into her pillow, which was surprisingly warm and comfortable that she was accustomed to. Hm, maybe I should make it fifteen minutes instead?

 

The brunette felt something caress her fridge away from her forehead, causing her to frown and stress marks to appear. What was that? She waited a few more seconds before disregarding it as the wind. Must have been my imagination. As she let out a contented sigh into her pillow, she could have sworn it released a sound that was akin to chucking.

 

…Wait a minute…until I’m still in dream world, pillows don’t have husky morning voices…She inwardly braced herself as she slowly cracked open her eyes cautiously, half expecting to be back in the living room with either Chanyeol, Jongin or one—or even both, she wouldn’t be surprised—of the devil twins meeting her straight in the eye unabashedly.

 

But what she wasn’t expecting was to see a sleepily smiling Chen, whose face was so close she could feel his breath. Oh…damn. He rubbed his eyes, blinking a few times cutely before he beamed down at her without a single care in the world about the proximity between them.

 

“Good morning, Jieun-ssi! Would you like me to make you some tea?”

 

Instantly, her face flushed darkly as her automatic reaction was to move as far as possible as she could from the oblivious male who did not seem affected by their slightly compromising position. The brown haired girl stood up shakily, her legs scrambled backwards as she shook her head fervently. “No! Absolutely no need to go through such trouble, I’ll just make my own!”

 

He frowned in displeasure, taking a few steps forward once more but left enough distance between them. “What’s the matter? Have I done something to offend you, Jieun-ssi?”

 

She spluttered, her eyes darting around anywhere else but him, feeling too self-conscious to even be able to string a full sentence together. That was the first time I actually ever woke up next to a boy…not counting Chanyeol, since I was more surprised than embarrassed. Aish, I can’t even remember falling asleep here! Chen suddenly faltered in his actions; his eyes became downcast as he lowered his head which allowed his fringe to act as a curtain to his eyes thus preventing her from being able to distinguish the true emotions that were stirring within him.

 

“I apologise for intruding on your personal space, I can ensure you it will not happen again Jieun-ssi.” He lifted his head to reveal an impassive expression, no longer was there that gentle spoken voice from the night before, now it was replaced by a bitingly sharp tone, much like a response you would expect from a robot.

 

Oh…, I should really learn to watch what I do these days. The brunette inwardly cringed, she had harshly reacted to him when his intentions were only to help her in any way he could. She felt guilt eat away at her, the only chance she had to get to know the reserved mysterious one of the group better and she’s already messed up badly. She did not fully understand why she felt a slight pain in her chest when she moved away from the comforting warmth of his embrace, simply writing it off as being her imagination. I must have hurt his feelings with the way I rebuked his hospitality.

 

“I will leave you alone, if you need any assistance, I will let one of my brothers know.” He nodded his head stiffly towards her, striding past her to walk back into the apartment.

 

Jieun froze for a moment before her eyes widened in sudden realization. He thinks that I was pushing him away because I didn’t want him around me… “Wait Jongdae-ssi! Please, just let me explain—“ She started as she spun around far too quickly with her arm outstreached trying to reach out for his hand though losing her balance in the process. The petite girl could feel the forces of gravity pull at her; she tried to adjust her footing in a futile attempt to stop herself from falling but it was already too late.

 

She let out a low hiss as her knees scraped across the sharp surface of the balcony flooring; it wasn’t long before thin streams of red trailed along her leg like messily made spider webs. But she refused to let the pain overcome her senses; it wasn’t the worse she had ever endured—it was merely a graze in comparison. She had far more important matters to be concerned about. Chen whipped around his eyes grew in panic at the sight in front of him, a scene that he could have easily prevented if he did not let his ego get the best of him, to stop him from thinking clearly. Just by the look of suppressed pain in her eyes was enough to send his emotions on intense overdrive.

 

“Jieun-ssi! Let me get you a bandage from the first aid kit!“
 

“No, there’s something I need to talk to you about.” She stated with a firm look, to which he shot her a befuddled stare as his gaze shifted from her crimson stained leg to the kitchen with an obvious air of nervousness.

 

“B-But you’re bleeding Jieun-ssi, we need to take care of your injuries first—“

 

“Jongdae-ssi, I’m not going to ing die from this.” She cut in, narrowing her eyes slightly in irritation. “Now let me say what I was going to before all this happened, I didn’t push you away because of whatever reason you think I did. It probably sounds stupid but sometimes I don’t know how to react to the never ending kind gestures you and your brothers do for me.” Jieun released a sigh, averting her eyes as she wetted her dry lips, trying to think of how to compose her next sentence. “Like, I know it’s supposedly meant to be your duty and all but I’ve never had a guy’s attention on me before like this, you know? This is a totally alien feeling for me; I’ve been so used to doing things for myself that I find it difficult to allow others to do things for me. But I wanted you to know that I am immensely grateful for everything you and your brothers have done for me…and that I’m sorry for constantly pushing you away and keeping you at an arm’s distance.” She bent down so that her head was touching the ground. “I cannot promise that it will be smooth sailing from this moment onwards but I will try my absolute best to try to open up more.” Even if it kills me inside.

 

Jieun-ssi…The ebony haired male stood stunned, his body refused to move although in his mind there were hundreds of thoughts swarming around rapidly. He couldn’t find any words to speak, feeling foolish for ever being mad at her. He exhaled deeply, ruffling up his hair in aggravation at himself, he took a few calming breaths in order to be able think coherently. Chen could do nothing more than to stare at her in admiration.

 

However, the spell was somewhat broken as she lifted her head with a sheepish expression, scratching her cheek as she did so. “I think I could do with that bandage now, Jongdae-ssi.”

 

The lightening demon in question jolted to attention, as if restored back to normal. “Of course, I’ll just be a moment.” He was not able to even turn before the girl called out his name, who began to push herself up much to his protests. “I may be many things, but I won’t allow myself to be degraded to a damsel in distress, especially with such a not-so-badass injury. I need to take care of this before your meddlesome brothers wake up, the last thing I need is them waddling around like mother hens.”

 

He let out an amused chuckle. “The worse of them all would be Chanyeol; we’d better get a move on before he wakes up.” Chen held out a hand with an inviting smile, to which she playfully scowled at before accepting. “Aish, it’s like having a big baby around with him.”

 

“You spoil him too much, that’s why.”

 

Jieun shot a sly look in his direction. “Why? Is somebody jealous?”

 

Yes. He’s the one that gets most of your attention. The black haired male tilted his head to the side, as if deliberating. “What would you say if I said yes?”

 

“I guess that I’ll have to distribute my attention more equally to make it fairer to your brothers.”

 

“YAH! What about me?”

 

“What about you? I’m giving you attention now aren’t I?”

 

Chen directed a deadpan look in her way. “This is hardly the same.”
 

“You know what? I miss the old quiet Chen, this whiny stubborn child is starting to get on my nerves.” She stuck her tongue out, turning her head in a huff therefore preventing her from seeing the gentle look from the black haired male. He shook his head at her. Aish, looks like I’m also caught by you like my brothers. But I wouldn’t have it any other way, Jieun-ssi.

 

 

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

There, I’m all set to go. I just hope that the others in my class will be friendly. The brunette released a sigh as she absentmindedly checked her appearance in the mirror that stomach-twisting feeling had rece again with a vengeance. But then again, they’re all in the same position as I am. Just remember to smile, don’t force it though. Keep it natural. She was clad in a simple white t-shirt with the golden peace logo accompanied by black skinny jeans, not wanting to stick out like sore thumb as she shifted her backpack into a more comfortable position before she nodded her head in silent approval. Well, it’s now or never.

 

She made her way out of her bedroom, picking up her house keys as she walked towards the door as quietly as she possibly could. Jieun could distantly hear muffled sounds coming from the kitchen; she shuffled on her converse shoes, slowly opening the door ajar before she quickly hollered out. “I’m going now, see you all later!”

 

The petite girl had successfully placed one foot out of the apartment before she was pulled back in, the door shut swiftly as a towering figure that belonged to Chanyeol glared down at her. She inwardly breathed in, remembering to count backwards in an attempt to cool down.

 

“And where do you think you’re going this early in the morning, Jieun-ah?” Aish, he sounds just like something grandma would say. Honestly, I can never understand how a baby like him is capable of looking so serious.

                                                                                           

She released a tired sigh not particularly in the mood to deal with these shenanigans so early in the day, trying to move around him but he refused to budge. “It’s my first day of University; I don’t want to be late Chanyeol.” Jieun felt arms snake around her waist and shoulders. Oh for goodness sake, times like this I require the patience of a saint.

 

“Then let us come with you, we wouldn’t want you walking around on your own.” Luhan pulled her closer to his side; his warm breath hovered over her neck. He felt his eyelids drop as he inhaled her scent, feeling his inner demon roaring out, demanding to be released. But he dismissed it, relishing in the closeness that would not last long, much to his own chagrin.

 

“Yeah, I want to make sure no guys try to hit on you today. You look too cute today…” Jongin spoke nonchalantly at first before he suddenly frowned for a moment, before he pointed towards her bedroom door. “Go change into something else.”

 

“Jongin, I don’t have time to change, I’ve got to leave now!“ I’m going to miss my bus at this rate.

 

“Please take this with you, remember to eat when you feel hungry. I don’t want you to be light-headed or anything, Jieun-ah.” The wide-eyed male, Kyungsoo told her with a firm look, handing over a tupperware container. “If I find out that you’re skipping meals there, I will not hesitate to find you and feed you the food myself if I have to!” Jieun voiced out her thanks with a smile resulting in a flushed Kyungsoo who shuffled around uncomfortably, coughing into his fist.

 

“Remember that if you should ever require one of us, all you have to do is call for us and we’ll be there before you can even blink.” Chanyeol leaned down to her eyelevel, his face contorted in a sombre manner. “If any of those bastards give you a hard time, I’ll be the first to beat them up for you Jieun-ah.”

 

“I’m sure it won’t have to come to that Chanyeol.” She shot him a disbelieving look to which he merely stared unblinkingly at, before he pouted to the side—unhappy that she didn’t find his actions cool in the slightest.

 

Baekhyun smiled at her, catching her attention for a brief moment. “Take care of yourself Jieun. Don’t stress out about the small details, I know you’ll be fine. Just remember to be yourself, have fun and don’t be afraid to make new friends.”

 

“Just not any more guy friends.” Sehun grumbled out, leaning his head on her shoulder.

 

They were crowded around her in a half circle, though Jieun noticed a few were missing from the group. She blinked, trying to move her head around in an attempt to try and locate them in the oversized forte that remained in her living room. “Where’s Suho and Lay?” Without fail, those two were always the first to bid her goodbyes with their trademark smiles if ever she left the apartment. But now there were a few empty spots in the group with Kris and Xiumin also gone, it was something she could not overlook.

 

“They’re still sleeping, that’s all.” Chen answered her, with a shrug of his shoulders. “They didn’t manage to get a good night’s sleep, kept waking up with cold sweats or something.”

 

Instantly, she frowned as her gaze returned back into the living room in unveiled concern. Is that why they aren’t here? Are they sick? Similar questions burned inside her, the need for answers bubbled up in her mind as she pursed her lips, unsure of what to do. The need to leave was momentarily pushed to the back of her mind for the time being.

 

“No need to worry, we’ve got it all under control. All you need to focus on is your big day.” Kyungsoo nudged her towards the door with an encouraging expression, she casted him a sceptical look before slipping the food container into her back.

 

“If it would put your mind at rest, one of us will visit you later on to report how they are doing.” The light powered male patted her shoulder and it was as if that simple motion caused a gush of calmness allowing her a moment to regain her composure.

 

“Alright…but if you guys suddenly appear unannounced during my lectures, I won’t hold back.” She held up a fist threateningly, which only earned her cooing from Chanyeol, pinches on her cheek from the devil twins and plenty of amused smiles from all around.

 

“JIEUN-NOONA, I know you like to take ages to make yourself pretty but we’ve got to leave now! Otherwise your perfect record will be tarnished by a late mark on the very first day!” The grey haired male hollered vociferously from outside the apartment compound, no doubt waking up not only the residents in the building but most likely also the surrounding neighbourhood.

 

Aish that boy, he couldn’t wait five minutes for me to actually leave the apartment. Her eye twitched in irritation, releasing a long drawn out sigh. The automatic reaction from the others however were as expected, their expressions darkened considerably as some even openly scowled to display their displeasure. But the moment her eyes were planted on them once more, they immediately melted into innocent smiles.

 

“Well, I’ll be going first. Remember the house rules, there’s food stocked in the fridge so just help yourselves and make sure you clean up the living room and put everything back where you got it from before I get back. I’ll call you guys later on the house phone to check up on Suho and Lay, remember to pick it up alright?.” The last thing I need is all of them showing up at the University, if one wants to go then the rest of them would no doubt want to tag along.

 

Jieun shot them a meaningful look before she opened the door, her calm eyes became slated as she growled out warningly. “If any of you even think about stalking me today or popping up out of the blue, I’ll actually disown you all. Regardless of whether you were involved, so I suggest you keep a close eye on each other and stay out of trouble.” With a small wave, she promptly shut the door before any could add their own input leaving the rest to stare on dumbfounded

 

“Aish, I hate that kid.” Jongin gritted his teeth, glaring holes into the door as if the simple action would cause harm to the boy in question.
 

“As much as I agree with you, we’ve got bigger problems on our hands.” They looked on grimly into the living room, where the characteristically quiet pair of the group was struggling in the constricting grip of the combined effort of Kris and Xiumin, their chocolate brown irises that were formerly filled with warmth was becoming rapidly infected with red, their pupils become long and thin akin to that of a cat as their teeth sharpened and became elongated, glistening menacingly in the light.  

 

Where’s that foolish human girl my host has been fawning over? I want to rip her ing throat out for treating us like whipped dogs!” Suho snarled out baring his teeth, his trademark angelic smile nowhere in sight as his eyes whipped around madly in search for the girl who was responsible for his anger.

 

“You’ll have to wait until I’m through with her, she’ll have to prove herself first before I allow Yixing to be tied to a weak, emotionally driven human child.” The body belonged to the gentle healer but the voice did not, its husky growls could not possibly come from the soft spoken Lay, for his inner demon broke through the restrains that he had fought so hard to maintain.

 

However, now the time limit has been broken. Now, they no longer have control, instead their demons can do as they please.

 

“…It has now begun.” Luhan murmured, it would not be long before they all eventually succumbed to their animalistic desires, their cravings of the one who they have come to acknowledge as their master.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

.

.

 


 

 

 

 

 

Dear reader,

 

Now that you did not heed my warning, there is something else you must know.

 

It is with regret that I tell you that although you have paid the price for eternal servitude, there is a catch.

 

The servants you have been bestowed are hosts to blood-thirsty demons; they are able to control their urges but only for a short amount of time, approximately once all twelve are reunited. One by one, in ascending order of their assigned arrivals, their inner demons will be unleashed. It is up to you whether you can convince them that you are worthy of the title ‘master’ that will ultimately determine your fate.

 

As always, I wish you only the best of luck.

 

 

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

Author's Corner                                                                                                                                                                                     

 

Okay, I know this is a pretty confusing chapter but rest assured it will be explained...in the next chapter! wHAT I can tell you is that ONLY Suho and Lay will be like that (at least in the next chapter anyway), the rest will not become their demons for the time being. They also won't act all the same, if you get what I mean.

Oh and before I forget, the last very bit of the chapter, Jieun hasn't read it yet, I just thought it would maybe help you guys understand the situation better? Since I pretty much dropped the bombshell at the end, but when she does find out, 's gonna go go for sure.

 

BUT ENOUGH SPOILERS, before I end up telling you all what's gonna happen. It's actually starting to look exciting hm? Now that they're all here as a group, I can start on the cool stuff. But man, it's tough having to write dialogue for frigging twelve of them. 

 

So Chen moments! I hope you guys liked it? Since I know that I've neglected him, along with a few others, poor babies >< Um...not much else to comment on really. I'm kinda tired but still have enough energy to stay on my laptop. 

 

A big thank you to my new subscribers and all my subscribers in general for sticking with me! I've been a real slow poke with these updates and the pacing of this story is pretty slow but it will get exciting for this point onwards! At least, I hope so anyway. Also, thanks to the guys who upvoted this story, I didn't really get that whole thing of 'upvoting' but it's really nice to see your support!! 

 

Last note before I go...BTS...I think they're pretty cool..should they make an appearance? Or should I make a one-off story with a OC and keep them out of this Exo story? I'm tempted to give the latter a shot, that's for sure.

I really wanna hear Exo's new song now >< ughhh Hurry up and stop trolling SM.

 

Goodbye my lovelies <3

 

 

 

tumblr_mqa268X2SP1r158who1_500.gif