Lourd

Yumilgwa

As Wooyoung stepped into the dorms later in the day, he saw Junho who was signalling him wildly and he frowned in confusion. Before he could ask what the matter was, he felt the breath knocked out of him through his stomach.

"Be grateful it is not your face"  Taecyeon hissed in his ear after the very painful punch he gave him. Wooyoung was still grabbing his stomach when Taecyeon dragged him to his room past a worried Junsu and Chansung.

Taecyeon flung Wooyoung on the bed. "I suppose you coming in now means it was not a success taking Nichkhun home some hours ago? So, just what were you doing all that time? I would hazard a guess, but this is such a duh moment isn't it?"

Wooyoung said nothing as Taecyeon chewed into him. Then Taecyeon calmed down and came to sit beside Wooyoung. Wooyoung finally said, "He does not love Victoria"

Taecyeon popped him upside his head, "We all know that dummy, he loves you. Why do you think it was hard to accept their nuptials? We knew it was wrong and everyone was going to hurt. Victoria was in hysterics some moments ago, Wooyoung. It is not fair you had to be sacrificed but it is what it is and I would thank you not to repeat what you both were doing in the wee hours of this morning"

"We didn't do anything" Wooyoung protested but Taecyeon stared at him so hard, he finally looked away.

Victoria was happy to see Nichkhun when he got home. He looked more at peace and very well rested. She hugged him and ushered him to the kitchen to eat what she had prepared. He obeyed. She let him eat for a while before she spoke, "This is not working for you, is it?"

Nichkhun looked up at her, a drumstick in his mouth. She continued, "I am not making you happy and it is not fair what you are putting me through. I was very worried and scared for you last night"

Nichkhun put down his food and wiped his hand. Then he held hers across the kitchen island.

"I am sorry Victoria for being such a rotten husband and I promise to change. I promise to be-" But Victoria cut him off, "I do not want you to have to make me promises under duress Nichkhun. I knew you never loved me and like most women, I thought I could change things. But it is not me you want is it?"

Nichkhun looked away and Victoria smiled sadly. "It is ok, really it  is. I am not going to ask for details but I wanted you to see you safely home before I told you this. I already spoke with your parents and a divorce lawyer"

Nichkhun was shocked and he protested, "Victoria, you don't have to do this. I can change" But she held up her hands to stop him. "It is not for you Nichkhun, it is for me. This will not tarnish your image, never fear" she assured him cupping his cheek and he held her hand frustrated, "You think I care about image right now. This is more important"

Victoria nodded sadly, "Yes, yes. It is. You were spiraling out of control trying to please everyone. Now, I want you to do what makes you happy. We are both idols and know the pressure it entails. There is no reason we cannot find our strength where we can. I am not yours and you cannot be mine. I can now accept this. " Then she went around to Nichkhun, got on the tip of her toes to kiss his cheek, "Don't be burdened anymore Nichkhun" and she turned to leave. At the doorway she said over her shoulder so softly, he barely heard it, "You are destined for an international marriage. Just not with me". Nichkhun stared after her surprised.