karite

Yumilgwa

It was getting to dawn but the room was still thrown in darkness thanks to the large windows' heavy drapes. Both of them were lying with Wooyoung across the bed and his head on Nichkhun's chest. That one had his outer leg propped up as he played with Wooyoung's fingers.

"You have very beautiful hands for a man" Nichkhun commented

"Aish" Wooyoung looked up at him annoyed, "I will have you know that I work as hard as any man. This softness is a result of proper moisturizing" Wooyoung informed him so pompously, Nichkhun had to laugh.

"You always knew how to make me laugh. No matter how down I was. That is why I was so attracted to you. Our trainee days were so tough but you always had a joke ready for me"

Wooyoung did not say anything so Nichkhun continued, "I never thought I would be a pop idol, or a successful one at that. I never even thought it would be in another country either"  he added with a little laugh. "All of a sudden I am seen as a near perfect being and I was proud of that. Proud of being such an example for my country. But it became too much. People always expected me to smile, give winks at requests, as if I am some wink vending machine," Nichkhun huffed, "I was not expected to drink, smoke or even have human desires" Nichkhun took a breather.

Both were silent. After a while Nichkhun resumed, "Wooyoung, my family loves you. You know that. They do." To Wooyoung, that random announcement sounded like an advance warning to something that might hurt him. He was right.

"My family knew how close we were and worried for our futures. i am older than you and they were afraid I was the one forcing myself at your side. They also knew Victoria loved me and she is beautiful and kind. Wooyoung, except for recent times, I have never disobeyed my parents. They asked me to marry Victoria".

Wooyoung sat up but Nichkhun still lay down rubbing Wooyoung's arms as he looked at him expectantly.

"I could not tell you because I knew you would confront them. You are too much of an upright and upfront person not to, even though you show the world only your ssanti side" Nichkhun smiled as he said the last part. But Wooyoung did not.

"Victoria does not know and it is a mess all around. I cannot continue this way" Nichkhun finally said.

Wooyoung bent down slowly and kissed Nichkhun on his lips. That one welcomed it as they held each other, then fell asleep. Wooyoung had known it was an impossible situation but with elders involved an innocent young woman, it was a nightmare.