Not what it seems

With Bad Luck comes Love

A/N: Sorry if things might get confusing, this chapter is the continuation of the last, well duh of course it is, I mean like this happened the same day during the last part, (you might want to reread the last part of the previous chapter). Enjoy reading!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Jongin!”

“Look who finally decided to show up?” 

“Yah! Sorry I’m late, I just bumped into someone so yeah.”

“Bumped into someone? Then why are you 20 minutes late?”

“I said I’m sorry right? Sheeesh stop acting like you’re my boyfriend or something”

“You know that’s the last thing on my list right?”

“Same here kkamjonginnie”

“Haha stop that milky white skin Oh Thehun”

“Yah! Don’t make fun of my lisp”

“Can’t help it though haha, so anyways since you’re here why don’t we order? I’ve already been asked twice if I’m gonna order ya know?”

“Yeah yeah, I’ll have the usual, and maybe a cheesecake.” Sehun said grinning.

“Ooh something special must’ve happened? You don’t usually order cheesecake, well unless something happened, so tell me, what happened?”

“E-errm, nothing much, can’t I just randomly order cheesecake?”

“Why are you stuttering then? Did the person you bump into have some kind of relation to this?”

“A-ahh..”

“Gotcha, so tell me, who is it?”

“Well, remember the Chinese guy I recently told you about? I bumped into him a while ago.”

“Luhan? Oooh someone’s kokoro went dokidoki huh?”

“Stop that! You creep me out sometimes you know.”

“As if you don’t creep me out”

“Yeah like when?”

“Well that one time you were speaking informally to yourself.”

“H-hey I wasn’t!”

“Hahaha anyways, what about bumping into this Luhan guy again?”

“Well he agreed about the tutoring thing.”

“That’s great! Making the first move, I’m so proud of you!”

“S-stop it! It’s not like that! I’m just happy that I made a new friend, you know how I’m always misunderstood because of my looks”

 “I know” Jongin said as he ruffled Sehun’s hair earning a blush from the latter

 

….besides I like someone else….you should know that by now Jongin…..

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

 

“HEY! What did I say about getting out of bed?”

“Umm you said not to?”

“And what exactly are you doing?

“Umm getting out of bed…”

 

Kris just sighed because of the other’s stubbornness. He decided to stay in their dorm to look after Yixing. Well actually he was supposed to attend his classes until someone decided otherwise…

 

 

“Kris right?”

“Ugh yeah? Luhan?”

“Yes I’m glad you remembered” Luhan said with a smile

“So why are you suddenly talking to me?”

“Glad you asked, I’m here to ask you a favor” Luhan’s face suddenly became serious

“I’m really thankful that you found Yixing and helped him reach your dorm, so while you’re at it, why don’t you skip classes tomorrow and look after him okay?”

“What? But I can’t, I have my major subjects tomorrow.”

“Aaand I have an important exam tomorrow which is why I can’t look after him myself.”

“So? Can’t Yixing just stay alone tomorrow?”

“I’m pretty sure you know how clumsy and stubborn Yixing is. Yixing plus injured plus alone doesn’t really equal to being okay. I know you two aren’t the best of friends but at least try to look after him, as a roommate?”

“You’re really good with convincing people huh? Fine.”

“THAT’S GOOD! Thanks a lot! I’ll look after him after my exam’s finished.

 

 

Kris just sighed at the memory.

“Can’t believe he made me agree to this…”

“Agree to what?” Yixing curiously inquired.

“Nothing don’t mind me, so what would you like for breakfast?”

“I thought you can’t cook?”

“Yeah I can’t, which is why I’m texting my friend to go buy us breakfast.”

“User much…”

“Hey, I can’t really leave you for a couple of seconds can I, besides Chanyeol volunteered.”

“Oh Chanyeol-ssi?

“Yeah, I think he’s with his friend, the bacon guy?”

“Oh Baekhyun-ah! He’s with Chanyeol? Well they got close really quick.”

“Chanyeol can make friends within 5 seconds so I’m not really surprised, so what would you like for breakfast?”

“Tell them I’d like dimsum and some noodles!”

“Okay then.”

“Thank you! For someone who hates my guts, you sure are looking after me a lot huh?” Yixing told the other with a smug look on his face.

“Oh shut up, you’re lucky I decided to skip my classes today.”

“Haha whatever you say”

Kris just rolled his eyes at the others remark.

 

It was silent between them after that. Kris was on his bed rummaging through some of his stuff while Yixing was silently waiting for their breakfast to come. Kris pondered onto why he was easily convinced by Luhan to look after Yixing. Last time he checked he didn’t give into others requests easily, well at least not until something in return was offered. What would he even gain by looking after Yixing? He’d miss his lessons, get scolded by the professors for being absent, and spend all day looking after someone who’s apparently old enough to look after himself. Kris just heaved a sigh and started arranging his stuff. He bought this memo board the other day and decided to do some posting. Since he’s staying in their dorm, why not make it productive for himself. Like what’s been mentioned before, Kris likes being organized. He started getting the selected pictures out of his album so that he can post them when Yixing suddenly spoke to him.

 

“Hey Kris?”

“Yeah?”

“What are you doing?”

“Just selecting some old pictures, I’m gonna post them later on.”

“Ooh, something to remind you of your home huh? Can I see them?”

“You can just look after I post them on my memo board.”

“Well you said I can’t get off my bed.”

“Just look at it from there.”

“But it’s too far” Yixing whined in a voice Kris found strangely cute.

“Fine stop whining, boy your friend Luhan wasn’t kidding when he said you’re stubborn.”

“He said that?!”

“Yeah yeah, here you go.” Kris said as he handed out the pictures to Yixing.

 

Yixing took the pictures and laid it out on his bed.

 

“Is this your mother? She looks lovely.”

“Yeah she is, thank you.” Kris said as he genuinely smiled at the other, teeth showing.

Yixing blushed at the sight of Kris smiling like that. He didn’t know the other could manage to. He always thought Kris’ nerves got stuck or something as to why he couldn’t smile often.

“You really are close to your mother huh?”

“Yeah I am, I feel bad for leaving her in Canada though, especially now that…”

“That?”

“Nevermind, I don’t really want to talk about it.”

“Oh I’m sorry.” Yixing said worried about the sudden drop of the others mood. He decided to change the subject immediately. He looked at the pictures again and found someone rather different. The guy on the picture had dark circles around his eyes and was holding some sort of stick on his right hand and a trophy on his other hand.

“Umm how about this guy? Who is he?”

Kris’ face suddenly lit up.“Oh that’s Tao, he’s my-“

 

 

“KREASE? DELIVERY!!”

 

 

Kris’ sentence got cut when a booming voice suddenly spoke up from the other side of their door.

“A-ah that must be Chanyeol-ssi! Go open the door Kris.”

“Yeah I don’t need to be told the obvious Yixing.” Kris stated as he went for the door.

 

As Kris stood up and headed for the door Yixing couldn’t help but wonder who the guy in the picture was and what his relationship with Kris is.

 

~*~

 

“Thanks for the delivery Chanyeol-ssi!” Yixing said as he finished his noodles.

“No problem at all, I’m just glad you’re okay.”

“Aww already worried about a new friend, I’m really touched.”

“Well you’re Baekhyun’s close friend after all.” Chanyeol said while scratching the back of his head.

“Where is Baekhyun anyway? I thought you were with him?”

“Oh Baekhyun and I bumped into each other earlier, turns out we have the same way to school, he said he needed to go to Luhan hyung though so he went  ahead.”

“Oh I see.”

“I told him you were injured too, he really is worried about you, he said he’d come visit after school.”

“That’s great!”

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

 

After meeting with Baekhyun earlier, and after the incident with Oh Sehun, Luhan decided it’s best to go to the library and study for his upcoming test. If he remembered correctly, Sehun said something about going to his friend Jongin so he probably won’t be in the library, which is good thing for Luhan, he doesn’t really need any distractions right now.

He opened his text book in mathematics and decided to do some reading. His mind still wandered off to Sehun though.

 

….I wonder what his relationship with that Jongin is…….aghh Luhan this is not the time to think about that! You’ve got an important exam later! NOW FOCUS!

 

He turned back to his book again and resumed reading. After a couple of minutes though his mind started to wander off again and he noticed that studying was not really happening.

 

I’m really hopeless…I should just eat my frustration out, I’ll just have to hope for the best later in my exam…

 

~*~

 

“Okay class, after you receive your answer sheets you may start answering the exam. You have 2 hours to finish the test. You may leave once you turn in your papers, good luck and I hope you all pass.”

Once Luhan received his answer sheet, he started skimming the test paper. Most of the items are familiar to him, though there are some parts that caused his eyes to widen.

 

… I didn’t study this part well, I’m not the math genius here, Baekhyun is, if only he tutored me a while ago, oh I forgot that bastard abandoned me when Sehun came to us a while ago, Sehun again, get out of my brain….

 

Luhan shook his head as he tried to focus.

 

..let’s go Luhan, you can do this! You’ll pass this!

 

 

~*~

 

 

“I THINK I FAILED!” Luhan screamed at his friend who was currently trying to calm him down.

“Calm down Luhan hyung, you don’t know the results yet, so let’s not jump to conclusions.”

“Easy for you to say, you’re really good at mathematics.”

“Well what can I say?”

“Baekhyun-ah you’re not really helping.”

“Yeah sorry, well just think positive hyung besides, you said most of the questions were familiar to you, don’t lose hope yet.” Baekhyun said as he eye smiled at the other.

“Your eye smiles aren’t really helping too.”

“Haha! Oh come on hyung stop being depressed.”

“Yeah yeah, why don’t we just go to Yixing’s place, I promised Kris I’ll be replacing his shift after my exam.”

“Shift?”

“Well last night I went to their dorm to check on Yixing only to find him sleeping. So I asked Kris to skip his classes and look after him, at least until I finish my exam which I apparently failed.”

“So you planned it along? I thought the Kris guy volunteered or something.”

“Why would you think that?”

“Well you said “I think Kris is staying in their dorm to look after Yixing” a while ago, did you not?”

“Okay maybe I planned it, but would Kris volunteer to take care of Yixing?”

“Uhm maybe?”

“Well I think he won’t so I persuaded him last night. Anyways, let’s go to Yixing now.”

“Okay then, let’s buy him something nice too!” Baekhyun beamed.

Luhan smiled and nodded in return.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Update complete! What do guys think so far? So many things happened in this chapter xD

I was supposed to include the part where Baekhyun and Luhan head for Yixing’s dorm but I think

that this chapter is too long already, so see you next chapter! Thanks so much for reading! Thanks

to my new subscribers too! I hope you guys enjoy this fic~