An injured unicorn

With Bad Luck comes Love

WARNING: SuJu members up ahead~

 

 

***

 

 

"So Xing, how's your second week with that Kris guy?" 

"Well, ever since that awkward dinner with him, we've been kinda giving each other the cold shoulder treatment,"

"Oh, the dinner you guys had where he persuaded you to cook for him?" Luhan said with a chuckle.

"Lulu it's not funny, he even made a list of the things I should be doing in our room!"

"Like what?"

"Well, he said I have to be the one in charge in cooking, doing laundry, and cleaning and those kind of stuff."

"Wow, that's like him asking you to be his wife."

"LUHAN!"

 

 

***

 

 

The two went their separate ways and waved each other goodbye as they proceeded to their respective rooms. Yixing went to his first class which is Dance class, one of his favorites, while Luhan went to the library to do some volunteer work. 

 

Luhan first started doing this volunteer work in the library a month ago. He was in his 1st term being a 3rd year college student back then. During his free time he would go to the library to do some sort of volunteer work, or so he convinces himself that he was doing exactly just that. Truth be told, Luhan never liked books or anything that has relations with them. As far as he can remember, books aren't really his friends. He started hating them during his first week in Korea. He was a transfer student from China back then. During one of his classes, the teacher asked him to read something in Korean, but he wasn't fluent at all given that he just moved in from China, so he messed up things real bad resulting from fits of laughter here and there. Ever since that  tragic incident, he started to despise books. And now he's doing some kind of  volunteer work in the library, pretty ironic isn't it? Well the reason for that may involve a certain student which name happens to be Oh Sehun. 

 

 

***

 

 

Yixing opened the door to his classroom revealing a bunch of students scattered here and there.

...I guess I'm not the only one without a friend in this class huh... 

He started to scan every corner of the room hoping to find someone he knows. After a minute of scanning or so, his eyes managed to locate someone rather familiar. 

Hey, isn't that the guy from weeks ago? The one with Kris? Yixing questioned himself. He squinted his eyes to get a better look at the guy. 

Is it him? He looks a bit different though, If I remember correctly his hair was kinda orange-ish and curled, now why is it dark brown, and not curly at all, is it him?

 

Yixing was lost in his own thoughts when the guy he was just thinking about appeared in front of him.

"Hey." A deep voice interrupted Yixing's thoughts.

"Oh,..sorry I spaced out, umm hey." Yixing managed to say.

"I saw you looking at me a while ago, well you kinda looked like you were judging me, so is there a problem?" The other said flashing his big round eyes.

...Is he trying to do puppy dog eyes on me, because if he is, it's clearly not working, especially not with all that twitching going around...

"Umm no I wasn't judging you or anything like that, it's just that, you look somehow familiar."

"I look familiar? Now that you've mentioned it, you do look familiar as well."

There was an awkward pause until it finally clicked. "OH! You're the one with Baekhyun-ssi before!" 

"So it is you! I was wondering why you look a bit different." Yixing asked the other.

"Oh it's because I dyed my hair and got it cut, Kris said I look ridiculous with my old hair, and I kinda got insecure, so this happened."

...That Kris, even saying mean things like that to his friend...

"Oh don't mind him, but you do look better now, oh I'm Zhang Yixing, just call me Yixing though." Yixing said as he flashed his dimple smile.

"Thank you! I'm Park Chanyeol! but Chanyeol is fine too, nice meeting you~ You look a lot friendlier now, than before I mean." Chanyeol said trying to contain his manly giggle.

"Oh sorry about that! I am friendly by nature though, I guess I was just in the bad mood, sorry for giving you the wrong impression."

"Nah it's okay, at least we're friends now right? Oh look our professor's here."

 

Yixing turned to his right where the door is.

 

"Eunhyuk hyung?"

 

"Yah! Just because we're close doesn't mean you can call me that in class. That's Hyukjae seonsaeng-nim to you." Eunhyuk said to Yixing with a smirk. 

"You never change 'Hyukjae' seonsaeng-nim" Yixing said to the other in between chuckles.

"Of course I won't, Donghae doesn't want me to, anyways, I'm gonna start class now." 

 

The dance class went smoothly. First Eunhyuk gave the basics then later on was already showing off his dance moves like there's no tomorrow. He was in front of the class while the rest of the class huddled up at the back where the cloud printed wallpaper was. Their room was a practice room, the typical ones. The one with the large mirrors and cloud backgrounds everywhere.

 

The whole class was in awe, and while Eunhyuk was busy dancing his heart out, Chanyeol spoke to Yixing.

 

"Hey are you good in dancing?"

"Me? I guess so? Luhan says so...and I believe him, so I think I am." Yixing said trying to hide his embarrassment. He's not really used to praising himself, so it was a bit awkward.

"Wow, that's great, I mean, I don't know anything but rapping, and I've been told that I was born NOT to dance so I'm really nervous about this class." Chanyeol said scratching the back of his head.

"Don't worry, Eunhyuk hyung is a great teacher, I'm sure you'll be fine, I'm here too, I'll teach you everything I know."

"Aww, thanks man!" 

....Not with that big eyed puppy dog thing again,....his left eye is twitching!...

"It's okay real-"

"Hey Yixing, if you're too busy talking there why not just show the class your dancing skills."

"Wha-what?"

"Come here, I'll play the music, show us some moves, I know you're a great dancer, don't act like you're not because you are dude, like seriously, get your up here."

"But hyung!"

"I said that's seonsaeng-nim to you!" Eunhyuk said faking his anger.

The whole class bursted out laughing. You can clearly see their closeness just by the way they act.

"Come on Yixing, just get up here."

"I don't have a choice do I?"

"Hahahaha...NO."

 

Eunhyuk played the music. The song was rather familiar to Yixing. He got up in front of everyone and started to do his own thing. He was just lost in his own world and in the music, he knows that this is the thing he loves most, dancing. He lets the music take over his body. All eyes was on him, everyone was just stunned. Yixing was moving here and there and was thinking of finishing his dance with a spin. Just as the song was ending, he did his spin, and landed effortlessly. He perfected his spin, or so he thought.

 

Everyone was clapping including Eunhyuk.

 

"That was great Yixing! You've improved a lot."

"Thank you SEONSAENG-NIM." Yixing said with a big smile on his face. Everyone laughed at his remark.

 

He was about to get up from his previous position when he felt something sting on his right foot. He ignored it and walked towards Chanyeol's place. 

 

"HEY! Yixing that was amazing! You were so good!" Chanyeol almost seemed like a fanboy fanboying over some kind of boy group.

"Thanks Chanyeol." Yixing couldn't manage to say anything but that because when he walked up to their place he knew something was wrong with his right foot.

I guess I messed up my spin, I'm pretty sure I twisted my right ankle, oh darn this....great, just great...

 

Eunhyuk continued to blabber about something again but Yixing couldn't care less because right now, his ankle was starting to hurt badly. Chanyeol noticed that Yixing was trying to hold in something.

"Hey are you okay? You look constipated, are you?"

"Funny how Baekhyun told me that before too, no I'm not, I'm fine really." Yixing said smiling his best at Chanyeol, hopefully trying to ease his worries away. 

"Baekhyun-ssi did too? Speaking of Baekhyun-ssi, I haven't seen him lately."

"Oh we'll meet by lunch today, after this class, would you like to join us?" Though I think I won't be able to because of my ankle, darn, I need to text Luhan after this...I hope he's not too busy stalking....

"I'd love to join you guys for lunch!" Chanyeol said excitement evident on his face, especially with his left eye twitching and what not.

Their conversation was cut when Eunhyuk ended their class.

 

"Okay guys, class is over, see you again next week." Eunhyuk said to the whole class.

"Thank goodness class is over..." Yixing muttered under his breath.

"Yixing, that was some good work there a while ago, I'll be going now, bye xingieee." Eunhyuk said as he proceeded to go to Donghae, another professor in the university.

"Tell Donghae hyung I said HI!"

"Sure will!"

 

It was only Chanyeol and Yixing left  when someone peeked his head in the classroom.

"Yixing?"

"Baekhyun-sii!" Chanyeol beamed a super mega ultra blinding smile at Baekhyun.

"Oh Chanyeol-ssi is that you? You look different, hi~" Baekhyun said flashing his oh so popular cute puppy eye smile as well.

whoaaa, these two are so blinding,....my dimple smile suddenly became lame...

"So Yixing what are you doing still sitting down there, come on let's have lunch, I texted Luhan hyung, he said he'll be going here in a minute."

"That's good, I just got tired from dancing a while ago."

"Oh, I guess I'll sit down with you guys then, by the way, I didn't know that you two were friends." Baekhyun asked tilting his head to the right.

"We just met a while ago Baekhyunnie." Yixing said trying to be cute.

"Haha! Yixing what the heck, Baekhyunnie? Really?"

 

***Luhan's POV***

 

*sigh* "He....he looks so innocent when he's spacing out like that...."

*beep beep beep*

"Oh come on, I was looking at,...oh it's Baekhyun."

 

From: Baekhyunnie

 

Luhan hyung! I'll be going to Yixing's room now, I'll meet you there, hurry!

 

*beep beep beep*

 

"Now who is this?"

 

From: Xingie

 

Lulu, can you come here now? 

I think I twisted my ankle...

 

I looked at the text message again and checked if I read it properly. I THINK I TWISTED MY ANKLE......

aaiishh, Xing-aaah! What the heck happened! Did someone trip you or something like that, or did you slip all by yourself again, darn it...you always get me worried...

I quickly grabbed my bag and headed out of the library, nervously taking a peek at someone who is looking back at me.

 

Looking back at me.

 

AT ME.

 

ASDFGHJKL HE'S LOOKING BACK AT MEEEEEE, quick Luhan, flash him  a cute smile!

 

I quickly smiled at him hopefully he doesn't find it weird....oh God please....let me be cute just this one time!

I waited for him to smile back or at least react, but seconds past and I received nothing.

Wasn't my smile cute? why isn't he responding....

I looked behind me and found out the reason why,....KIM JONGIN...

Figures,....way to get my hopes up,...oh darn it I forgot! YIXING NEEDS ME!

 

***

 

"YIXING ARE YOU OKAY!!!!!!" Luhan shouted as soon as he stepped inside Yixing's classroom.

"Oh Luhan hyung we've been waiting for you! What do you mean by that?" Baekhyun inquired.

Yixing tried to signal Luhan with hand signs telling him not say his injury to the others. Yixing doesn't like people getting worried about him, so he hid it from Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Luckily Luhan got his hand signs and said nothing about the injury anymore.

"What I mean is,..Yixing texted me that he feels constipated so I need to bring him to the nurse's office, yeah that's it." Luhan said slightly panting from all the running he did.

"So you ARE constipated I knew it!" Chanyeol said pointing an accusing finger at Yixing.

"Um yeah, you caught me, sorry I didn't admit that earlier, I guess I'm kinda embarrassed, why don't you and Baekhyun have lunch without us instead? We'll be heading to the nurse's office." 

"Are you sure you'll be fine? Just the two of you?" Baekhyun asked Yixing, concern evident on his face.

ughh, Baekhyun-ah, don't look at me like that, I feel guilty already...

"Yeah, we'll be fine, for all you know, Luhan is really capable of carrying me, even though he's so short." Yixing said while smiling at Luhan suggestively.

"Look who's talking! But seriously guys, go on without us, we'll be fine." 

"Okay then, but if you need help with Yixing's 'issues', I'm just a text away, we'll be off now." Baekhyun said as he started standing up along with Chanyeol.

"Bye guys." The two said in unison as they went out of the classroom.

 

As soon as they got out, Luhan started going hysterical at Yixing.

 

"HOW?? WHY??!!!"

"Easy Lulu! It was an accident!"

"Just how? Do you know how worried I was when I read your text message?"

"I know sorry! It's just, Eunhyuk hyung, our professor in dance class, made me dance a while ago, and I did this spin to end my dance, but I guess I literally landed on the wrong foot."

"Aiish! I'm always telling you to be careful about those spins! Come on let's get you to the nurse's office."

"Thank you Lulu! You're the best!"

"You owe me! Do you know how well I was doing in the library a while ago?"

"Oooh, someone's stalking again~"

"YAH! You're injured, you have the right to remain silent!" 

 

 

***

 

"Yixing gets constipated a lot doesn't he?" Baekhyun asked Chanyeol.

"I guess he does, I wonder what he eats?" Chanyeol said letting out a giggle which may or may not sound awkward considering his deep voice.

"Haha! I wouldn't want to know! Anyways, where are we gonna eat?"

"Do you want to go eat outside the university? I have a friend who works part time in a cafe near here, we can get discounts!" Chanyeol excitedly told Baekhyun.

"Okay then! By the way, you look really nice with your new hair." Baekhyun said trying to hide the blush forming on his cheeks.

"Re-really? Thanks! I appreciate that a lot!" Chanyeol said trying so hard not to look like a fresh tomato,...oops, too late.

 

***

 

"Why don't you rest up for a bit now that you're all bandaged up, you'll be excused for the rest of your classes so don't you worry about that."

"Okay then, thank you very much." Yixing said as he bowed to the nurse that bandaged him.

"No problem, it's my job after all, oh, and I suggest that you don't dance for a little while, and also when walking, get your friends to help you, we wouldn't want you straining your right foot now don't we?" Yixing just smiled and bowed again to the nurse.

"Yixing you heard that! No straining!"

"Yeah I know Lulu my precious little deer!" Yixing cooed at Luhan trying to .

"OH SHUT UP!" Luhan said as he started to tickle Yixing's sides."

"No, hahaha, Lulu, stop! I'm injured I'm injured!" 

"Fine, but mark my words, I will get you back."

"Haha yeah yeah, you and your army of little deers, now why don't you go to your class, you'll be late."

"No, I've already decided that I won't go to my class, I need to protect my lovely unicorn."

"Stop that! I'm no unicorn!"

"Haha! It's funny how you get defensive over unicorns." Luhan said in between giggles.

"But seriously though Luhan hyung, go to your class, I'll be fine here, I'll just sleep for a while and then when I wake up, I'll go text you okay?"

 

Luhan eyed Yixing suspiciously trying to find out if he's lying or not. When he concluded that he is indeed saying the truth, he just sighed and gave in.

 

"Fine, but if you don't text me by 5 I'll be hunting you down do you get that?"

"Yes mother, now go to your class." Yixing smiled as he pushed Luhan off the bed he's been sitting at.

 

***Kris POV***

 

"I never knew that Theatre class can be so tiring,...I need to rest for a bit, now where's the nurse's office? Maybe I can lie down there for a few minutes, it's just 3, my next class is 4 anyways."

I walked along the corridor of the 6th floor hoping to find where the nurse's office is. Why is this building so big...dang it, I want to rest...

I checked all the rooms in the 6th floor in hope of finding the nurse's office, but no luck. Let's see, how about the 5th floor. I checked all the rooms again, but no sign of the damned room. 

"Darn it! Why is the nurse's office so hard to locate?" I calmed myself and proceeded to the 4th floor, hopefully the stupid room is there.

 

 

***Yixing's POV***

 

 

"hmmm....what time is it?" I asked myself as I rubbed my eyes, I guess I really slept. I checked my watch and it showed 3:15.

"I've only been sleeping for two hours? But Lulu's class end by 5, what am I supposed to do...I can't ask him to cut class just to tend to me."

Without hesitation, I jumped off my bed and started putting on my shoes. 

"I guess a little walk to my dorm won't hurt?"

I got my bag and went out of the office. "I'll just text Luhan later when I reach the dorm."

 

***

 

"Oh good the room is empty." Kris said as he lay down on one of the beds finally locating the nurse's office which was located at the 4th floor of the building.

"A short nap wouldn't hurt." 

 

***

 

"Why isn't Yixing texting me yet? It's already past 4, maybe he's still sleeping?" Luhan thought.

...Yeah that's right, he must still be sleeping,...though my Yixing is in trouble senses are tingling,...I wonder what's really happening right now...ugh I can't take this!

"Seonsaeng-nim may I be excused? I'm not feeling well." Luhan said faking the pained expression on his face.

"Okay then, do you need any assistance?"

"No seonsaeng-nim, I'll be fine, thank you." Luhan said as he bowed and slowly exited the classroom, but as soon as he was out, he started running like a mad deer on the loose.

 

"Finally here! YIXING WAKE UP!" Luhan said as he opened the door to the office.

To Luhan's surprise, his injured bestfriend that was supposedly lying on the bed was replaced by a blonde giant.

"Yi..xing....you're not Yixing what did you do to him!" Luhan started as he began to wake up the person sleeping.

"Wha-what? Hey? What do you think you're doing, I was resting! Hey, aren't you the unicorn's friend? Kris said slightly annoyed after being madly shaken to consciousness.

"Yes I am, what did you to do him? You're his roommate right? Where is he?" Luhan said with no pauses clearly panicking.

"Whoa easy there, I did nothing to that bestfriend of yours, when I came here, the room was already empty."

"But,....but Yixing,...but his right foot is injured, he shouldn't be walking right now." Luhan said starting to tear up.

 

He's injured? More precisely his foot is injured? Why the hell is he walking then? That stupid g-

 

"I'll be going now, I need to look for him, he hasn't even texted me yet." Luhan said interrupting Kris' thoughts. 

With that Luhan bowed and started to run around the corridors again.

 

He's injured, he hasn't even texted me yet...... Luhan's words echoed through Kris' mind

 

"Damn, why do I feel the need to find him..."

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: AT LAST! AN UPDATE! Things are finally starting to go somewhere xD Sorry for the long wait! 

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND SUBSCRIBING! I LOVE YOU ALL <3