Rain, rain go away

Crash

Stop! Before you read this go and watch the trailer the lovely Kironstree made for The Lowdown! IF you don't know what the Lowdown is, I am very surprised that you have managed to find me. The Lowdown is my first story. Read it- The Lowdown and watch it- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3TB7boRiG4

 

 

Taemin eyed Key’s phone.

I should really call noona and tell her I’m okay, he thought. What happens if she thinks something bad happened? What if she’s looking for me? I really should tell her.. I wonder what she’s told the school. Is she worried?

Key was in the shower. If he wanted to call her now this was going to be the best time.

He reached out for the Iphone.

“Taemin!”

Taemin shot his hand back and forced a smile at Key, who was walking out and drying his hair.

“What’s up?” asked Key.

“Nothing, just bored,” fibbed Taemin, smiling and flopping down onto the bed.

“Wanna go for a walk?” asked Key.

Taemin looked outside, a grey sky and clouds peering through the window, small raindrops dashed onto the glass.

“It looks like it’s going to rain,” said Taemin. “Maybe we should just stay inside and watch TV.”

“If I wanted to stay inside and watch Rachael Ray I would have stayed at home,” groaned Key, rolling his eyes.

“Would it…”

“Hmm?”

“Nothing,” shrugged Taemin. Would it be so bad if they went home?

“Come on Taemin,” begged Key. “Let’s explore. Plus we’ve only been eating junk food. I feel so fat. I need the exercise.”

“You’re not fat,” said Taemin automatically. Taemin had never realised how insecure Key was until the trip. Key said he was fat after every meal, and would say it at every opportunity. He also liked to go on about how he hated the way he looked. Every morning Key would pat BB cream onto his skin which confused Taemin because he was the only one who would see him any way and he had just seen him without makeup for the entire night, and in the morning too. He tried to explain that to Key, but Key had said something about how it was dark and also in the morning people’s eyes were blurry and so Taemin couldn’t really see Key’s face.

Every time Key moaned about how fat or ugly he looked or rather felt, Taemin always said that he was not fat and that he was beautiful, which Key was.  He didn’t like the way Key kept putting himself down. So he even kept his mouth shut about how makeup was only for girls. Maybe one day Key would be happy about the way he looked.

“Come on Taemin, it will be fine, let’s just go,” said Key, opening the door. “If you’re not coming then I’m just going to go by myself.”

“I’m coming,” said Taemin shooting off the bed.

 

Taemin loved the way Key just reached out and grabbed his hand to lace their fingers together as they walked, as if it was the most normal thing in the world to do. Which it was wasn’t it? Key’s hand was always smooth and held onto to Taemin’s and it made him feel like he wasn’t alone. He looked up at the sky and saw that the clouds had gotten grayer.

“Since when have you been the worrier?” asked Key.

“Since you stopped, hyung,” said Taemin. “it’s going to rain, I know it.”

“I thought you liked going with the flow,” said Key.

“It’s going to rain,” said Taemin. “I don’t want to be outside when it rains.”

“Just relax,” said Key. “Even if it starts to rain, nothing bad will happen.”

They walked along a trail for a while, looking at the trees and talking about nonsense.

Taemin hated walking and exercise in general, so at the sight of a park bench he dove for it, huffing and puffing.

“You’re so unfit for someone so skinny,” said Key as Taemin tried to catch his breath. “Quit smoking.”

“ Shut up Umma,” retorted Taemin. “No way.”

“Why are you so cranky today?” asked Key, sitting down next to him and wrapping his arms around him.

“Because it’s going to rain and I hate hiking,” said Taemin sullenly, getting out of Key’s hug. Seriously, they had spent an entire night tangled with each other, wasn’t it enough? And Taemin was really hot from walking, he didn’t need more body heat.

Key was confused and tried to hug Taemin again, but Taemin wormed out again with a whine.

Droplets of water landed on their faces.

“I told you! I told you it would rain!” accused Taemin. “You didn’t listen to me!”

“I did listen! I never said it wouldn’t. More like- we should go out even though it’s raining.”

“But I told you I didn’t want to be out in the rain! So why did you make me go out?”

“I didn’t force you to go out Taemin. You made that choice yourself. I’m sorry, ok?“

Taemin growled as Key’s words sunk in. It really wasn’t Key’s fault. It was his own damn decision to follow Key out here to the middle of nowhere and go for a walk in the rain.

“Don’t apologise. It’s not your fault,” said Taemin, massaging the bridge of his nose and more rain started falling on them and getting into his eyes. “I can’t take this anymore.” He was only wearing a thin tshirt and jeans, and he was getting cold. He didn’t want to be here. He looked at the path from where they walked from. It had taken 20 minutes to walk here. To run back would maybe take 10? He got up quickly and ran for it, eager to get out of the rain.

 

When he got back to the cabin, he was confused- where was Key? Hadn’t he followed him?

Taemin waited for half an hour before Key came in sight. He looked pitiful- it was really raining hard now, and he was soaked through.

“Hyung!” cried Taemin, opening the door and running through it to grab Key and tug him toward the house.

“Why are you like this? Why didn’t you run with me?” asked Taemin, perplexed. He got a towel  and started to dry Key, not liking how cold Key’s skin felt. For maximum warmth he gave Key a big squeeze, relieved that his hyung had come back and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

“I thought you didn’t want to be here,” said Key hollowly.

Taemin shook his head slowly. “I meant.. I meant the rain hyung,” he said weakly. 

Key sighed. “Taemin, do you want to be here? I know it’s hard, and you probably want to go home. I don’t blame you. I can drive you home if you want to Taemin.”

Would it be so bad to say yes? Asked one side of Taemin. Yes, said the other side. He’s your boyfriend. You need to be there for him, because he’s been there for you. Asking him to take you back is only going to put more burden on him. He needs your support. You made your decision to come. So you’re going to stay.

“I want to stay here with you hyung,” he said softly. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” said Key, smiling wistfully.

 

“Taemin, why are you here? Do you actually love me? I’m not that hot. I have no money. You weren’t even gay. Why did you follow me? Why are you here?”

Taemin his side to face Key on the bed. “Because I love you. I really do. And you are hot. I don’t care if you have no money. I like you for you hyung. I want to be with you hyung.”

“But I was going to come back,” said Key. “We’re only staying for a couple of weeks. And I know your house would be a lot more comfortable than this.”

“Do you want me to regret my decision?” said Taemin.  “I don’t want to be apart from you. And it’s only going to be a few weeks. It will be fine. Like a honeymoon!”

“You’re so sweet,” said Key, kissing Taemin.

Taemin smiled, closed his eyes and snuggled into Key. He didn’t care that a spring was digging into him and he was a bit too hot. This was why he was here.

 

The next morning he woke up early and he could feel the blood pulsing through his eyelids, throbbing in his ear, through his brain. He got up, disorientated. For s sake, not another migraine. He sleeply got out of bed as Key groaned at the loss of heat and pulled at the covers.

Taemin used his hands to feel around the suitcase. After several attempts and he still couldn’t find it, he opened his eyes and ped all the compartments, feeling every nook and cranny, throwing all his clothes out, shaking the suitcase. Oh no no no no no.

Wait. His backpack. He raced to the opposite side of the bedroom, tearing his bag open and sifting through everything.

“No no no no no,” he started muttering as he threw everything out. “No no no no no,” he panicked as he shook his backpack upside down.

No! He always had emergency migraine medicine in his bag! Where else could it be???

He froze as he remembered, the image picture perfect in his mind. They were on his bedside table at home, underneath the chocolate bars Taeyeon had given him. He had taken them out of his bag to take and hadn’t put them back.

“No!” cried Taemin clutching his head as his migraine got worse with every second. He felt like bursting into tears. He could not go through this without medicine! He needed it!

“What’s wrong? What are you looking for?” asked Key sleepily.

“I need my migraine medicine,” wailed Taemin, lying on the floor now, head in his hands. “I have a migraine! I need them now! But they’re at home!”