Animals

Crash

 

Taeyeon and Taemin had a cup of hot chocolate and the whole time Taeyeon was extra caring toward Taemin, which Taemin liked because he liked being treated like a baby. After that she and Taemin tidied his room. Or rather, Taeyeon tidied his room while Taemin sat on his bed the whole time trying to untangle his necklace that he had thrown on the floor.

Taeyeon gave a big squeeze when she left him for the night, telling him that if he didn’t still didn’t feel well he could wake her up anytime.

Taemin fell back on his bed, grabbing his phone off the nightstand.

Still coming over? He wrote in Korean and sent it to Key.

Yes pumpkin, Key immediately texted back in English. Taemin only could read the word ‘yes’, so he changed into his pyjamas before lying on his bed, waiting for Key.

A few minutes later, movement could be heard by his window, and Taemin rubbed his eyes, still embarrassed over his freak out and Key witnessing it. He watched Key open his window, seeing every movement now that his curtain was missing.

He felt like he was going to cry again when he saw Key catching sight of him and his face softened. Taemin closed his eyes as he felt Key get on the bed, his heart pounding as Key hovered over him. Taemin bit his lip when he felt Key’s lips press gently against his forehead, peppering his face with kisses. He hugged Key and wormed up as close as he could to him. It was still kind of weird how he supposed they were ‘together’, but he liked how they could be really close now with a reasonable excuse. Not that being gay was a reasonable excuse for Taemin.

“Does your head hurt?” he felt Key ask, his lips still against Taemin’s forehead. Taemin shook his head and decided to be bold and tilt his head up, silently asking for a kiss as Key obliged. Their kiss started off soft and turned more passionate, Key wanting to kiss Taemin’s sadness away while Taemin wanted all of the comfort Key was willing to give.

“You scared me Taemin,” said Key when the kiss ended and Taemin was breathing more quicker than before. “I’ve never seen anyone so angry before.”

Taemin ran his hand down Key’s arm as Key rested his forehead against his.

“I was angry. Taeyeon introduced me to Onew hyung, that guy that was here, and said he was her boyfriend. And I don’t like him. He’s my English teacher. And we kissed before and I didn’t know whether it meant we were boyfriends either. I was overwhelmed.”

He paused as Key kissed the side of face. “But I am shocked you still came back.”

“I like you,” Key said simply. “And I want to stay with you. And we can be boyfriends… if you want.”

Taemin squirmed as Key got up to switch off the light, since his lamp was broken now. He relaxed when Key got back into his bed and they shuffled into their usual sleeping position, both of them on their sides pressed to each other with Taemin’s head somewhere between Key’s neck, shoulder and chest and Key’s arms around Taemin and their legs tangled in each others. Key started to softly his hair and Taemin lifted his head again, wanting to kiss some more. He wanted to be used to kissing Key but he wasn’t sure he wanted to be boyfriends. It sounded so official, like if he was definitely gay.

Key got the hint and pressed his lips against Taemin’s. It amused Key when Taemin tried to dominate again like their first kiss, but Key didn’t like being dominated so he kissed back with stronger force, nudging Taemin’s lips open his own and slipped his tongue into his mouth, loving it when Taemin obviously gave up and let Key rule. Taemin was an excellent kisser, and it was obvious he had a lot of practise, not that Key was one to judge. Key had gone through a bit of a stage in high school and every lunch time was spent behind the bleachers with some still in the closet football player, but he had gotten over him and his immature self years ago.

Taemin was intoxicating, it was the only way to describe it. That sweet vanilla scent, those lips,that voice, that smooth skin, everything about Taemin was addicting. The way Taemin made satisfied, soft little noises from the back of his throat while they were kissing. How Taemin’s fingers fluttered around on his chest before latching onto his arm, or his t shirt, as if trying to hold Key closer and not wanting him to get away. Not that Key would dream of doing it. Taemin was addicting, Taemin was his poison.

Yes, his poison. His grades were slipping. He used to spend nights studying or doing assignments. Now they were spent in Taemin’s bed. He got his essay back yesterday. His first C+ in his straight A record. Minho had looked shocked but didn’t mention it, instead being extra nice to Key because Minho knew Key hated failure. Key had skipped so many lectures and classes to hang out with Taemin during the day. He didn’t even know what topics they were doing any more. Jonghyun and Minho were getting ty at him because he spent every lunch and after school with Taemin. He didn’t go out with them often now because he wanted to spend the night with Taemin. Taemin Taemin everything, and he regretted nothing.

Their ragged breathing and sheets rustling filled Key’s ears for what felt like hours, and it was the only thing Key wanted to hear. Key loved the way Taemin just let him dominate, opening his mouth to let Key in, mirroring the way Key pushed his tongue against his. But Key could tell Taemin was getting sleepy after a while, because his kissing was getting lazy and he was just letting Key do all the work. Their kissing relaxed in pace and Taemin was breathing quickly but deeply, telling Key he was going to sleep. Key just kept kissing him softly until he felt Taemin completely relax in his arms. He smiled at the thought of how he had kissed Taemin to sleep.

He realised Taemin never answered his question about being boyfriends.

 

 

Taemin stirred as he felt his bed shift, and Key get up, yawning and stretching.

“Are you busy today?” Key asked Taemin. It was Saturday.

Taemin’s eyes felt puffy and his throat hurt in a bad way. But his lips felt chapped in a good way. He groaned and shook his head, burying his head in his pillow.

“Want to go on a date?”

Taemin opened his eyes slowly, looking Key who was standing and looking at him through half closed eyes. Key’s hair looked like what the magazines would show as the perfect bed hair, and when he stretched his lithe body was on show. He had always known Key had a sensual aspect to him but he had never considered it actually y until now. He couldn’t believe he had spent the entire night kissing this boy. And liked it.

“Where?” he asked, his voice croaky.

“I was thinking the zoo,” answered Key.

Taemin was keen to go to the zoo. He wondered if American animals were different from Korean animals.

“Okay,” he said.

Key smiled his feline smile, and Taemin felt attracted to him, and wanted to kiss him. Taemin gulped.

“I’ll go home and get changed, take a shower and eat breakfast, and then I’ll pick you up?” asked Key, as Taemin nodded, wondering the best way to ask.

“Hyung,” he said. “Can you kiss me?”

He blinked as Key let out a squeal and leaned down to kiss him deeply, Taemin closing his eyes and enjoying the feeling of Key probing in his mouth.

“You’re such a cute baby!” said Key as they broke apart for air.

Taemin poked his tongue out at Key and watched Key smile at him before jumping off his balcony.

 

“Feeling better this morning, Taemin?” asked Taeyeon as they ate toast together. “Did you have a good sleep?”

I did, I was tired from making out with a guy all night long in the room next to yours he thought, but only nodded.

“I’m going to the zoo today, noona,” he told her.

“With who?” asked Taeyeon.

“Key hyung.”

Taeyeon looked worried. “I’m not sure if I trust Key anymore, Taemin. I still don’t know how he got into your room in the first place last night. Did he hurt you at all? When did he come in?”

“He heard the crashing when he was in his backyard and climbed the lattice to see if I was alright,” Taemin lied.

Taeyeon nodded, still looking suspicious. “If he hurts you or if he tries to scare you, you will tell me, arrasso Taemin? Promise?”

“Neh,” said Taemin. I’m not scared of him. In fact, he turns me on.

“I don’t know if you should go today. Aren’t you tired?”

“Noona,” he said. “I have to go.”

“Why?” she asked. “Go tomorrow. It’s still the weekend. Tell Key to reschedule.”

Taemin wondered if he should tell her.

“Because it’s a date.”

He was scared when Taeyeon’s eyes went round.

“What?” she whispered.

“I’m sorry noona,” he said quietly. “I’m sorry.”

He felt like he needed to apologise. He felt like he had just told her he was gay. Which he wasn’t. But he felt like he had just disappointed her. It wasn’t good to be gay.

“Do you… like Key?” she asked.

Taemin nodded, his chapped lips. He hoped Taeyeon wouldn’t kick him out. He didn’t know what she would do. He was scared. Once again, he felt like he was at the mercy of Taeyeon, and he hated it. He felt so unimportant.

“It’s fine, Taemin!” she smiled with an open mouth. “Wow! I didn’t know it was a date! And when you went to him last night, I was wondering why! I was slightly jealous that you thought he would make you feel better than me! Wow, I get it now, sort of!” She clapped her hands in glee. “Don’t look so depressed Taemin, it’s fine!”

Taemin kept his head down, blushing.

“So Taemin, does this mean you’re gay?” she asked.

“No!” he shouted vehemently. “I am not gay.”

Taeyeon was silent. “Okay, I understand,” she said, nodding. Taemin had a sinking feeling that she did, and had figured out how he was confused and in denial.

He heard a car horn sound from outside and his phone buzzed.

“That’s him,” he said, running and getting his wallet and running out of the house as Taeyeon watched.

 

Taemin was strangely excited as he walked into the zoo. He wanted to see animals! They were surrounded by little kids and parents with video cameras, but he ignored them. He glanced at Key, who beamed at him.

He liked the wolves, because they looked like husky dogs. He liked the lions and tigers because they sort of reminded him of Key, even though he didn’t want to think about it. He even liked the snakes, and the caretaker had let him hold one for a while because all the little kids were too scared.

“What the is that?” he laughed, pointing at the furry animal with a long, thin face.

“An anteater,” Key said, behind him as Taemin leaned back into him in a halfhearted backward hug.

“He looks stupid,” said Taemin, giggling.

Key smiled at the sight of Taemin giggling, and liking the way Taemin wasn’t afraid to touch him in daylight.

A family came next to them and Taemin moved away from Key, and although Key was sad, he understood. Public displays from gay teenagers would never go down well.

 

They sat in a secluded grassy area of the zoo where people could eat lunch, Key pulling out food while Taemin frowned.

“When did you buy this?” he asked.

“I made them,” Key answered. He chuckled when he saw Taemin look at him with awe.

“WHOA!” screamed Taemin and Key jumped as Taemin pointed at something. “I think something’s escaped!”

Key looked at where Taemin was pointing and saw a squirrel at the base of a tree.

Key squealed. Taemin was too cute!!

“Sweetheart, that’s a squirrel!” he squealed again, reaching out and squishing Taemin’s cheeks together.

“We have to tell someone!” Taemin told Key with serious eyes.

“Oh baby, they’re everywhere in America! Squirrels are as common as birds. They’re everywhere!” he laughed, pouting from Taemin’s cuteness. “Haven’t you noticed?”

Taemin shook his head, shocked. He had not seen a squirrel anywhere on his life except for on TV.

“They’re at the park we meet at too, in the city! Did you honestly not notice?” laughed Key, unable to function. He was melting. Taemin was adorable!

Taemin shuffled to turn his back on Key in mock offense, and Key wrapped his arms around the boy from behind.

“Let’s try get him closer,” he said in Taemin’s ear.

“Can we?” asked Taemin, amazed as Key nodded and grabbed a handful of cashews he had packed, throwing some at the squirrel.

Taemin gasped as more ran down from the tree and joined the first squirrel, holding the nut in between their paws and nibbling. Taemin was nearly trembling in excitement as Key threw the nuts closer and closer, and the squirrels came closer and closer. Key could feel Taemin getting excited in his arms and kissed his brown hair which was shining in the sun.

“Hyung,” he said nervously as they came near the picnic blanket. “Hyung, what do I do?”

“Try feed one,” Key said, giving some nuts to Taemin. “Put them in the palm of your hand and let them grab it.”

Taemin tentatively stretched out his hand, cashews in his palm. The squirrels were fat and used to humans, and Taemin tried not to shake as they grabbed the cashews with their paws, their fur and sharp claws grazing his hand. He could hear them squeaking as they ate and grabbed more nuts as fast as Key could put them on Taemin’s palm.

They ran out of nuts and Taemin watched the squirrels stare at them. “Can I touch one?” he asked Key.

“No, they bite and they’re full of germs,“ said Key. “it’s not a good idea.”

Taemin burst into a smile and twisted around to look at Key. “I fed squirrels hyung!” he cried.

“You’re such a cutie,” Key squealed, noting how handsome and beautiful Taemin looked when he smiled. He was so lucky to be going on a date with someone so goodlooking.

Knowing that no one was around, he leaned forward and kissed Taemin, and Taemin responded heartily. Taemin tasted like coke while Key tasted like apple juice, and they both wanted more, Taemin’s small hand creeping up to Key’s neck as if to hold him in place.

They broke apart, their eyes still closed, and Key enjoyed the moment, the sunshine, the good mood and hugged Taemin to him, and felt Taemin relax back into him too. They stayed like that for a bit, both too lazy to move.

“Awwwww,” Key heard chorusing behind him at a distance, and craned his head backwards to see a gaggle of teenage girls, walking past. They avoided his eyes when they saw him looking at them, and quickly walked away.

Damn right. Him and Taemin were the cutest thing in the world, and he wanted it to stay this way.

 

A/N I have never seen a squirrel before and I imagine they're common, right?