Peace

Crash

 

Onew sat on the passenger seat of his silver car while Taemin sat on the drivers, slowly crawling down their street.

“This is way easier than the parking lot,” remarked Taemin.

“Driving in the streets is actually very easy, but you have to learn how your car works first,” said Onew.

They walked into their house, playfully talking as Onew dropped his keys on the counter near the fruitbowl where he always put them.

“Are you staying for dinner tonight, hyung?” asked Taemin.

“When do I not,” said Onew, rolling his eyes.

“Why don’t you move in with noona?” asked Taemin. “You pretty much live here anyways.”

“Have you ever been in my apartment, Taemin?” asked Onew suddenly.

Taemin shook his head.

“Wanna come over?”

Taemin nodded enthusiastically.

 

“Waaah,” said Taemin appreciatively when he walked into Onew’s apartment. It was so tidy and clean.  Taemin smiled when he saw picture frames on Onew’s counter, running to his corkboard by the sink.

There were some of Onew’s friends and family, but Taemin laughed when he saw the one of Onew and Taeyeon.

“Look at you!” he said. “You have such long hair. And both of you have black hair still! Hahahaha!”

“Yah, that was back in our wild college days,” said Onew, poking out his tongue.

“Where’s me?” asked Taemin.

“In here,” said Onew seriously, putting his hand over his heart.

“Hyyyuuuunnggg, that was dry,” laughed Taemin. “I think you need a picture of me.”

“Okay,” agreed Onew, pulling out his phone. “Smile!”

Onew took a picture of Taemin pulling a sideways peace sign.

Taemin snooped around Onew’s room, flopping down on his perfectly made bed.

“You know this is technically illegal, having my student over in my bedroom,” said Onew as he his printer and computer.

“I’m going to tell the principal straight away then if you don’t give me enough presents, Uncle Onew. You haven’t given me one single present since you said you would!”

“I always forget that if I get married to Taeyeon, I’m your uncle,” said Onew. “Oh, and you can have my car when you get drivers license.”

Taemin shot up. “But hyung, your car is so nice! Are you serious? It’s a 2011 Buick, Onew hyung! It’s practically brand new!”

“I don’t like the colour,” said Onew. “I wanted to sell it. But I’ll be nice and give it to you if you pass the test. So while we’re learning, don’t ding her up too badly unless you want don’t want the car…”

“Oh my god I love you hyung, I’ll do whatever you want thank you thank you,” gushed Taemin, hugging Onew.

 

“There we go,” announced Onew, tacking up Taemin on his corkboard as Taemin ate his chicken flavoured crackers.  “My little baby nephew! And one more thing Taemin.”

“Hmm?” asked Taemin, drinking Onew’s Sprite.

“You have stopped hurting yourself right?”

“I wasn’t hurting myself!” protested Taemin hotly.

“Well, don’t think me and Taeyeon don’t notice, and don’t see the coincidence that this all started happening after the letter. Because if more accidents carry on, we’re going to have to have a good talk about it. Maybe you need a someone to talk about it other than me, Taeyeon or Key. Taemin, you know that at school we have a counsellor, right?”

“You think I should see a shrink?” yelled Taemin. “No way. I’m not crazy!”

“I never said you were,” sighed Onew. “Just that it might make you feel better.”

“I would feel better if I didn’t need to see a shrink,” said Taemin. “Now where’s your chips please? I know you have some.”

 

“You’re not Christian, are you Key?” asked Taemin.

“Meh, I don’t really know anymore,” shrugged Key as he typed on his laptop. “I mean, maybe there is a higher power up there, but I don’t know whether I believe in the stories and stuff.”

“Do you think there’s a heaven?” asked Taemin.

“That’s the thing, I don’t know. I don’t know whether it’s this or if we’re reincarnated or whatever. You know they say when you have déjà vu it’s because you’re remembering something in your past life.”

“Really?” said Taemin. “What if.. what if this is all a dream?”

“What?” asked Key.

“What if… I’m in a coma and this is all a dream? Like maybe I’m in a hospital in Korea on life support or something.”

“You're stupid. You think your mind could make up something as glorious as me? You sound like a bad novel ending. Or the Matrix.”

“Hmph. Whatever,” said Taemin, rolling over. “I think there is a heaven.”

“Oh? Why?”

“I think there is a heaven. Because that’s where my parents and hyung are. I don’t know if there is. I just want to believe it. It makes me happier.”

“I think that’s the core for all religions, Tae. As long as it makes you happy.”

“You think I’ll be going to heaven?”

“If there is one, definitely.”

“But I'm so bad, Key.”

“What? Don’t be silly.”

“I am. I was so bad to my family. The accident was my fault.” It was the first time he had said it out loud, the first time he hadn’t tried to ignore the sinking feeling of guilt that felt so right, playing with the ends of Key’s pillow case.

“No it’s not-

Yes it is. I killed them. It was all because of me. I made my appa angry because I was rude. I told my dad that I wished he was someone else, and that I hated my mum and dad. Told my brother to shut up. I forced us to go home early. If I hadn’t insisted we go home we wouldn’t have gone in that taxi at that time they wouldn’t have died. It was my fault. God punishing me for being a bad son and brother, and I broke the commandments. I did not my honour parents, and it was me that let them be killed. I think God is real, and I’m going to hell. I can never make it up.“

Taemin gulped. “I don’t want to go hell, hyung.”

“Well, at I’ll be there with you, and it might not be real. Nobody knows what really happens after death, these are all theories. Maybe it’s a different thing all together,” said Key. “No one knows any of these things, so it’s no use worrying about it.”

“I’m the worst son ever,” said Taemin, curling in on himself. "I'm definitely going to hell."

“You’re an angel. You’re my angel. No God can send you to hell. You’re too cute. And too nice.” Said Key firmly.

“You're the only one who thinks like that."

 

A/N /plot twist/ Taemin has been in a coma all along from the car crash and his family are alive and Taeyeon is a nurse and Onew is his doctor and Key is nowhere to be found and he forgets all about his dream.

Naah, I'm not that mean! I don't like 'it was all just a dream' endings! This Taemin is wide awake unfortunately. Or fortunately for a not ty ending!

sorry this is so short :/ :/ this is just a filller... filler night.. you're fighting for your life inside a filler, filler tonnniiiiiggghht

but I haven't forgotten about the letter and the accidents! it will tie up soon.... i hope.... gack!

And the reason I haven't updated this is because I have was writing for another story called 

Taebaby

and a taekey/keytae oneshot called 

Begin Again (Oneshot)

Please check them out! Don't forget to tell me what you think of this chapter- how do you think I'm going to end crash? Predictions please! And tell me what you think of my other stories :D