Chapter 9: Press Conference Part 2

I'm Surrounded by Idols!

Sora's POV~


 

I took a look outside the tinted black windows. I felt slightly eased when I saw numerous bouncers blocking the sasaeng fans from getting to the cars. I quickly did a breathing exercise, and shut my eyes, feeling Sungmin put my sunglasses on for me.

I felt Donghae’s large hands wrap around mine in a failed attempt of support. Well, it was the thought that counted right? I squeezed it tightly, and felt my hand be squeezed back.

“Hee Jin put chocolate in your bag.” Sungmin whispered, even having the time to put on a cheeky grin. I looked at him in wonder, and nodded mutely. “It seems it is time to go…”

Suddenly, the door slid open, cold winter air slapping us all, and we were brought out of the car, and rushed into the building. Sasaeng fans screaming insults, and all sorts as I walked past. One even had the nerve to call me plastic.

Do I look plastic to you? Do I?

I frowned, as one of the bouncers helped me into the building, where it was warm and overly crowded with journalists, reporters, and camera people. We just had to say that I was the sister, so why were there so many- oh wait, it’s Super Junior. How could I have forgotten? No one cares about the infamous sister.

It took me a while to notice that I was being tugged to the back of a stage. The stage was arched, and wooden floored, with a very long white desk, that followed the shape of the stage and all had microphones at the seats. I didn’t even want to count how many seats there were. Just looking at all of the people made my head ache.

my dry lips, I hunted for my lip gloss, and smothered my lips with the gooey pink liquid. “You’re lips look sparkly.” Kyuhyun popped out of nowhere, he started prodding them with that mischievous grin on his face. Press conferences were nothing to him, nor to Henry, who was playing Angry Birds on my phone. How he found it in my bag, I do not know.

“Henry, give me my phone back.” I complained reaching out for my phone, from Kyuhyun’s grasp, he was hugging me from behind. Oh, these guys were asking for a round kick in the balls, but sadly, I was wearing a dress. “Henry… Give me my p-“

“Hey, it’s time to go now.” Henry grinned, slipping my phone back into my bag, and handing it to the Coordi Unnie. It’s funny to hear the guys call her Noona. I followed behind Henry in suit, as Super Junior went onto the stage and parted ways, leaving me and Sungmin to sit in the middle of the large arc.

 The worst part about sitting in that seat was that I was the main focus on everyone. I was the one that caused the trouble, said one of the Sasaeng fans. I looked out for the bottle of water each person had, and slipped off my sunglasses, which I had just realised, were still on. It explained all the looks I got from the other people

I turned my head, and saw Sungmin giving me a soft smile, before turning back to the crowd, who were still taking photos at a rapid pace. I simply tried my best to look formal, and held the notebook in front of me, it had a script?

A small ball of paper was rolled to me, from Leeteuk, who was at my other side.  He nodded his head, telling me to open the ball, and I did. Written in his neat handwriting, it said:

Follow the script, and breathe.

I nodded slightly, and peeked down at the script. Following the script should be easy. Hah, yeah right. I looked up and ooh la la, there was the CEO of SM Entertainment, Lee Soo Man himself. I noticed how the moment he was on the stage, seated next to Leeteuk, everyone hushed immediately, well, except for the clicking of cameras, but even those died down after a few.

“Hello, I am Lee Soo Man.” He stood up, bowing slightly, and nodding to the boys. They scrambled to their feet, and immediately chanted their usual voodoo. “I’d also like to introduce, Lee Sora.” He indicated to me, with a hand. I blinked once, and immediately bowed.

After regaining my posture, I had to look at the script once more, to find out what was happening. Sungmin was to speak, oh gosh, Sungmin…

“I’d like to apologise… for the trouble my sister and I have caused… whilst we were helping her move house.” I cringed as he emphasised the sister in the sentence. And all I heard was…

Silence.

Complete silence, in a room full of over one hundred and so people.

I checked the script once more, I was meant to wait for someone to ask a question, but nothing came. All I got was silence. I also got over one hundred blank, horrified, happy or surprised faces staring back at me.

Clearing my throat, sick of the silence, I stood up. “I also, would like to apologise for creating such a problem, as my other older brother Sungjin, had recently joined the army. I was having difficulties, since I am the only person moving into that new home, so I asked for assistance.”

“And the hugging, kissing?!” someone spat, causing me to wince.

“Sora is a very emotional person, and that day she was upset for she found out Sungjin wasn’t able to come home for Christmas this year.” Kyuhyun in, saving me. That was part true, because I was told that Sungjin wasn’t coming over a week before, but no one else knows, and so it shall remain a Super Junior and Sora secret. He flashed me his signature ‘I’m a saviour’ smile, before seating again. There were numerous ‘awws’ and nods of understanding sweeping the room.

Everyone had gone silent again, and I found their bipolar behaviour was scaring me, one moment they were loud and excited, and the next, they were silent, and by the looks of all of their faces very solemn. They were all expecting it to be a girlfriend I bet.

This press conference had gone a lot easier than I had expected. I sighed to myself as I had worried myself for nothing.

“Not over yet.” Sungmin muttered, as I was just about to get comfortable. “Wait.”

“Sungmin! Why is it, ever since your debut, we have only heard of your younger sister now?” a gruff voice half yelled at my brother.

“Sora went to a boarding school in the UK, she moved back here last year, and is now attending university.” Sungmin said, in a monotone voice. He looked annoyed.

“How do we know you aren’t lying?” someone else added. I was left blank. I’m his sister! I would never even think of my brother in that way!

Oh gosh, that would be disgusting. 

I cringed, and opened my mouth to speak. “She’s like a little sister to us. We have her birth certificate, and proof of identity, and we also have proof of her older brother’s being Lee Sungjin and Sungmin.” The CEO said, in that ‘I’m better than you and I know it’ tone. “They are all here for proof, you can look but not touch.”

I said nothing. There was nothing to say.

I was just going to return to my new home, and I was planning on sleeping for the whole day.

“I would also be privileged to announce, that Lee Sora is an SM trainee. She’s part of the SM Family, and will be treated as one.” He had to add.

Lee Soo Man dusted his trousers, and indicated for us all to depart. I speedily made my way to van no. 2 and just sat there. It was warm, but I needed to go home, well, my home with Super Junior anyway.

“Don’t be too sad, you aced it.” Ryeowook draped his arm round my shoulder. “For your first press conference, it wasn’t that bad.”

“I don’t see why he couldn’t have just posted it up online, it would have been easier. And also, I didn’t even say much.” I shrugged, jutting out my bottom lip, and blinking. What was I to do? Wait for everyone to understand?

I don’t think anyone does understand. Ugh, it just had to turn out like this. Now, I wish I was introduced the moment Sungmin debuted- forgot, I was in England. Why did my parents send me there anyway? It’s not like I was even a special student.

I mean, I worked hard, but that was because the teachers were always pushing me. I spent my free time either studying, or teaching myself how to use my right hand, or… spinning a pencil round my fingers for as long as possible. Everyone else… goodness knows what they did.

Although, I wasn’t a loner, I mean I had friends. I still do keep in touch with them. We used to study together, and I used to visit their houses in the weekend, and they visit my Aunt’s. They admired that I was all the way from Korea, and still studied in St Hope’s.

Aish, these memories made me miss England. The crappy weather, and the shopping, and the English accents… Hah, apparently I have one too.  I could do with a holiday back to England, it’s been long enough. I could do with the silly people and the accents once more. I could do with the weird weather, and I could definitely do with the shopping. Maybe I could even catch up with Melissa, and stuff, and visit St Hope’s for the sake of it. I like the sound of that.

The door of the van whooshed open suddenly, and I was greeted to an excited Sungmin, who had only just returned from being probed in questioning. He was grinning though, and I wondered why.

“You want to know something?” he asked, cheerfully. I couldn’t help but notice the Pororo sticky note placed at the crook of his elbow. Pororo… I snapped back, as I heard him say, “You’ll be visiting them tomorrow, and you might even be a model!”

I tilted my head confused. Modelling? Damn it, this is what I get for focusing on the Pororo sticky note. “Pororo…” I said quietly, poking his elbow.

His immediate reflex was to snap, and whack me in the arm, the sticky note falling to the ground. “Yah! That hurt!” I cried, rubbing my arm.

“You’re a two time black belt in Taekwondo! Get over it!”

“You shouldn’t be hitting me! The ultimate good lies, is not in winning a hundred battles, but in overcoming an enemy, without conflict and through love!” I screeched my old martial arts motto, and hit him back. I scowled, when he scowled at me. “Tough love brother! Tough love!” I hugged my arm, and edged closer to the window, only noticing then, how much calmer the sasaeng fans were. Oh who am I kidding? They were even worse.

A whoosh of cold air, and more bodies tumbled into the car. I looked sympathetically at Siwon, Donghae, Zhoumi and Dong Hee, they looked tired. “Y-you guys were questioned too?” I spoke, watching them yawn. They nodded, but dismissed me.

“It’s fine, we’re used to it. It’s also pretty early in the morning, so we’re tired from last night’s schedules.”  Donghae lied. They had no schedules last night. They were just going out to buy food. Although I knew this I played along, for their sake.

What can you say? Moving out is harder than it seems.

 


Hi there all!

Oh my gosh it's my birthday! I get to start my driving lessons! Yaaay!

So now you know, it's my birthday on the 29th November or November 29th. Whichever way you say it.