Chapter 14: Changes

I'm Surrounded by Idols!

Sora's POV~


 

After that interview, I had a break. Although, that break was swiftly ruined by Sungmin gushing about some company that wanted to hire me as a model.

A week later, I found myself sitting in front of a man who could have been in his late forties, his hair only starting to grey, and signing another contract to become a model for this company. Oh, that day I also found out they were going to create a portfolio for me, so I had to pose for them for around three hours.

That same week later, I found myself in a dance studio, being screeched at by a dance coach. Yelling at me to show her something, I don’t know what.  Damn it, I . I can only play pretty, and sing. But even then I can barely sing.

Also that same week later, I found my condominium all set up and now I just needed it to be ready for my party. That was the pretty much the only good thing of my week. That and chatting to the guy who insisted on me calling him Suho, I guess he was pretty happy for the invite. He was really cute, especially with his obsession with fedoras, and stuff along those lines.

And once again, I found myself, chatting to him in the lounge of SM as he gushed about practise, and how excited he was now that he was finally debuting. It was quite soothing to talk to Suho, his voice was soft, and really, it sounded caring; unlike some people who I could mention. Cue the coughing and whispering of Eunmi’s name.

“So, Sora-sshi-“

“I told you already Suho-sshi it’s just Sora.”

“But you just called me Suho-sshi. S-Sora…” he looked at me, confused. His neat brown hair was messed by him scratching his head, confused. “Wait, I’m confused…”

“I’ll call you Suho… and you can call me Sora.” I cheered, clapping my hands, and placing his blue and white checked fedora on his head. He giggled, before checking the time on his phone. Pouting, he waved me goodbye.

Our goodbyes said, I was alone in this lounge, and felt my phone vibrate.

I forgot I was assigned a manager. Silly me.

Sighing slightly, I stood up and unlocked my phone, starting to make way to the door of the lounge.  I was so out of my mind that day that I just saved his contact name as Manager on my phone. I dodged from walking straight into a wall (not like I haven’t) and pushed open the door, adjusting my sight to the white walls of the lovely corridors. Oh, I hate this building.

From: Manager

How does London sound?

I furrowed my eyebrows. London sounded like a city. London is a city. What was he on about?

To: Manager

London?

From Manager:

You’re at the SM building right? I’ll see you soon and I’ll tell you everything.

I sighed once more, and aimlessly ambled through the corridors. Bored and lonely now that Suho wasn’t with me. I untied my hair from its previously well-kept ponytail, and pushed it up a bit, adding a teensy bit of volume, since now it was a bad habit.

Started since school, you really can’t blame me.

As I was walking, a blank expression painting my face, my feet suddenly changed direction, as if it knew the building. That, caused me to snap out of my blank state, and I heard it. I recognised that song. My hands trailed the walls blindly, and I reached a double door. The music was enchanting, the music was memories.

I felt a soft pressure in my fingers, and I found myself in the room watching a dancer, dressed in dark sweats, fitting t-shirt and baseball cap, his skin too was sun kissed bronze. I don’t know if he knew that I was there, but I was truly too captivated to have noticed. I could only notice that the person was a male. He was a tall, lean and sculpted male who had found love in dance.

As if frozen, my eyes followed the movements, and I could almost imagine trying the dance myself. Almost imagine myself attempting to show him that I could do it too.

Then, there was something, as I watched him dance. Every arm swing, every snap of his wrist, elbow jerk, sudden stop, every slide, every chest pop, just everything, caused my heart to beat in my ears. I could feel my heart beating in my mouth, and I was left rendered breathless, speechless and overwhelmed with the feeling of something that I couldn’t comprehend.

I had never felt this way before. It hurt inside me, as I felt something in my chest, thumping and thrashing against my ribs. It hurt, and it was caused just by watching this capped male.

Accidently- just as the music stopped- I let out a quiet whimper. It had slipped from my lips unknowingly as my eyes met the capped dancer’s through the mirrors.

It was Jongin.

My hand automatically clamped over my mouth in pure shock. The feeling in my chest, the thrashing was still there, I could hear it thump in my ears, because now I knew who it was.

“Lee Sora...” he started, his hands dropping to his sides. Jongin’s previous charisma had disappeared, and I noticed a small blush stain his seemingly flawless bronzed skin. His chest was heaving from the amount of effort he had put into that previous dance.

“I- I didn’t mean to- oh my gosh- I- I-“I couldn’t even finish my sentence before I had run out of the practise room, meaningless tears spilling. I couldn’t understand myself why I was crying.

Was it because I walked in on someone I never thought I could have feelings like that for?

Was it because I half-hoped it was someone else?

I ran through the corridor, I already knew I would get lost anyway, so, the further the better. Maybe, I could even get lost in this building, and no one would be able to find me, and years later find my body dead in a cupboard or something. That would be interesting. That would be preferred, especially in this case.

The song Jongin was dancing to still replayed in my head. I could hear the soft voice, the lyrics that were actually meaningful, and the dance.

Oh, the dance.

I slumped to the nearest wall, as my bottom lip quivered. Sinking to the floor, my knees to my face, I sobbed, plainly out of embarrassment. I cradled gently, as the lyrics played softly, as if I had an MP3 player actually installed in my brain. The memories of spending my time listening to this song on repeat had taken its toll.

Then, realising the true meaning that I never wanted to come across and that only caused me to stop the crying, and to clutch my knees, until I could feel my nails digging into my calves painfully. I put my head in my knees, and heard the soft padding of fast footsteps that had followed after me halt.

“Lee S-Sora? I m-mean, Sora-sshi… Oh my –Sora-sshi! I-It’s fine – I mean p-please d-don’t cry- I-I don’t mind it when p-people walk in on me- oh my – Please – No, I-I mean – Oh my gosh S-Sora-sshi-“ I kept quiet as he stuttered next to me, curled on the floor, terrified out of his wits to touch me. “I-I am s-sorr-“

“D-don’t be sorry-“ I said between hiccups, “I-I didn’t – I mean, it-it was an acc- I mean- the song- the song was so familiar- I mean- I’m s-sorry for walking whilst you were practising, I-I s-swear it-it was just the music.” I dared to look up, and creakingly turn the direction of my head to where Jongin sat. He was shaking himself.

Slowly, I let my arm drop to the floor, and extended my hand out to his body. I noticed then, he was sheen with sweat, his tan skin glistening in the bright lights, reflective of the light walls. His dark shirt had clung to his body even more so, and his hat had fallen to the floor, baring his damp, raven black hair that had plastered itself to his scalp. I felt in me then the temptation to run my fingers through his hair, to peel the hair that had stuck to his forehead.

I bit my lip, and brought my arm back, re-wrapping myself.

“N-No! D-don’t do that please!” Jongin begged, almost, and I could only oblige, letting my left hand go limp. “I-I thought we were friends… I-I didn’t mean to –to make it awkward-“

Saved by my phone, my manager called.

“A-Aren’t you going to pick it up?”

“I’ll try.” I said hoarsely, smiling at the copper skinned weakly. “Manager…” I breathed, trying to hide the shakiness of my voice.

“Ah, Sora… Room T34. I’ll tell you about London then. Oh, tomorrow, you’re going for a shoot at the studio.”

I nodded, before realising that my manager couldn’t see me.  I cleared my throat, glancing at Jongin, who was fiddling with the string of his sweatpants. “Um, okay. Could you email me the schedule or something?”

“Of course Sora! I’ll do that right now! I’ll see you soon!” he chirped, hanging up on me. I smiled sheepishly at Jongin, dropping my phone to the floor, as he smiled back at me softly, his smile warmed my bones.

“Um… can you- um- h-help me?” I asked, and he tilted his head questioningly. “I-I need to get to a room, but I-I g-get easily lost here…”

“I know.” He grinned, as he got to his feet strangely elegantly for a male. “I-I’ll take you.” I bowed my head, and felt my cheeks flame. He helped me, as I creakingly stood up, and dusted my arms with a warm smile. It was almost as if the incident had never happened.

“S-sorry. For this, for walking in on you for-“

“It’s fine, I’m kind of used to it to be honest.” Jongin chuckled awkwardly, as he turned his head away from my face, his side profile taking my breath away. I turned my head as reflex, and bit my lip awkwardly.

“S-still…” I mumbled, pouting. I knew this would get attention of some sort so I pouted slightly, and continued walking by his side, shoulder grazing with his forearm, legs bumping into each other, and in a comfortable silence.

“Um, do you happen to be missing a key ring?” Jongin suddenly asked, as we entered the elevator together. This guy sure did know his way round this maze. “Little turtle, that looks like he’s fallen on his shell, and will probably not be able to get up…” he drifted off, as he pulled out my awkward turtle key ring from his pocket. I let out a soft gasp, as he help out my key ring.

“You have him?” my eyes immediately focused on his face, causing him to blush and nod.

“I was kind of hoping to keep him, but… if he’s yours…” Jongin let the rest of his sentence disappear with mutters under his breath, so I smiled.

“Sure, keep him.”

Jongin smiled, and led me out of the elevator to the area where all the rooms had the letter T. “I heard T, but I didn’t hear the number…”

“Thirty-four.”

“Okay… so we’re at ten now.” He said, pointing to a nearby blue door reading T10 on the metallic plate. “We have to reach thirty-four…” I noticed his habit of trailing off from the ending of sentences, and how he bit his lip, like all the time.

I didn’t say anything. I could still feel my ears burn from the previous encounter and wished I didn’t push open the door. Stupid doors.

“Sora, room T34.” Jongin poked my arm softly. I just turned my head to face him, and bowed. Damn it this guy was tall. He smiled at me softly. “If you need my help, I’ll gladly assist you.”  Jongin started his walk down the corridor, waving a bit, before bowing his head, and disappearing round the corner.

I grabbed hold of the door handle, and pushed down, stepping into the blindingly bright, white room, numerous tables and chairs placed neatly in the centre in the shape of an oblong horse shoe. There, my manager sat, with a wide smile on his surprisingly handsome face, I only realised then that he had a head of blonde. It was quite surprising.

“Ah, there you are Sora.” He smiled, clapping his hands.

“Manager Oppa.” I bowed my head, and took a seat next to him, as spread my large portfolio, and ‘plans’ on the table. “I didn’t realise the portfolio would be this big…”

“It’s got to be A2 in size. Didn’t you know that?”

“No, I didn’t, as a matter of fact Manager Oppa.”

“You can just call me Dae Hwan Oppa.”

“I feel Manager seems a lot more appropriate.”

“Manager is too formal. Dae Hwan Oppa is a lot more appropriate, and then I feel like I can converse to you personally.” 

“Fine… Dae Hwan Oppa.” I mumbled, glancing up at him from the floor. “Do I bring this home with me?”

“I keep a copy, the company you work for keep a copy, SM keep a copy and yes, you can bring your own copy home.” My manager smiled fondly. I sighed inwardly. “I’ll deliver it to you, so there won’t be much to worry about.”

“Alright.” I said, after a few moments of unneeded consideration.

“Now, London…” he started, with a smile.

“Yes London, what about it?”

“We have plans on bringing you there for a shoot. We still have some images to put in your portfolio, and then we’ll go to London.” He smiled widely, baring his set of worked on teeth. “You only need to pack after your little party, so that won’t be a worry either.”

He handed me an iPad. I raised a brow in question. “You have a schedule now, what did you expect?”

“Damn it.” I muttered, with a frown, he forced a smile on his face. I unlocked the iPad and glanced at the calendar that was notified for every day, except for Sunday. I guess I’m officially a busy person. I sighed, and he patted my hand gently.

“I think it’s time for you to go home now. Don’t forget you have training tomorrow, and stop wasting time in the lounge with Joon Myun.” He scolded, a playful wink following. I rolled my eyes.

“We’re only friends.” He raised his brow in mock, and shook his head as if he knew better. “I’ll be going now. Bye.” I dismissed myself, and exited the room with a quiet slam of the door. With a peek of my new iPad, I found I got to hang out with my brothers the next day. Woop.

As usual, I managed to lose where I was, and eventually just stood in front of Room T27 for a while, until realising I could just follow the numbers on the doors and hopefully lead myself to the elevator, like how Jongin did that to find the room I was in.

That was a smart technique. I liked knowing the smart way to things.

Eventually, I found the elevator, at an excessively large hallway decorated with little potted trees. Why did I not notice this when I was with Jongin?! I scowled to myself, as I stabbed the button of the plain silver elevator. Creaking to the ground floor (or the first floor for the Americans said my old English teacher) I managed to stumble out and make my way home through the baby alleys that I found could get me home.

I smiled to myself, as I looked up at the sparkly buildings. I greeted the guard who recognised me, and I was let through without a second thought.

I made it into my condo and admired how brand new everything was. I wasn’t even that sweaty anymore from the ‘rigorous’ training, because I spent most of it speaking with Suho. I prefer his real name. Who wants to be called Guardian anyway?

Well, Suho does obviously, but- I’m just going to shut up.

I sighed, as I pulled my duvet over my head.

When morning came, I was greeted to my obnoxious alarm ringing from the phone of mine. I slowly slid of my bed to switch if off, when the alarm changed into Wings, by Infinite. Oh how I loved that song. But, it was morning, and someone was calling me.

“Mm?” I answered, groggily. “Mwo Kyu Oppa?” I asked, the words coming out of my mouth in a jumble.

“Morning!” he chirped on the other end. “You get to hang out with us today!”

“I hate you.”

“Wow, that’s nice.”

“I know.” I mumbled. “I need to get ready, see you later.”

“Mm, okay. Bye bye Sora! I love you!”

“Mhm, love you too.” After that pointless conversation, I hung up, my eyelids still heavy as I dragged my feet in the direction of my bathroom. I walked into the bathroom door frame in the process, but I managed.  After doing all else normal people do in bathrooms, I hunted for something decent to wear.

After rummaging for a few moments, I found a pretty dark blue Armani V-neck and a pair of chinos. Do I have that many clothes? Abruptly, I grabbed a pair of combats and my parka, it on, and bringing my bag, carrying my new iPad and objects along those lines.

Since I had to be at the SM building by eight, I didn’t get a chance to eat breakfast. I had fifteen minutes to get to the SM building because I liked my sleep. I harrumphed, and quickly made my way to the building through the baby alleys.

The receptionist smiled, and told me to stay where I was. I did as I was told, greeted to my manager who took my hand and led me to a black van.

“Seriously? I’m only one person.” I complained, and he shrugged, saying that it was the company car or something. I couldn’t hear him.

“First thing on your list?” he asked me with a smile.

“A photo shoot? Bonding time with manager and client? Photo shoot? Shopping? Interview? Training?” I asked with raised brows.

“Yah, you were right. You got a photoshoot.”

“I swear that is all I ever have.”

“You’re a model… it comes with the job. It’ll be fun, I’m sure of it.” He beamed. This guy was just so cheerful. I checked my iPad again. “Oh, let’s go for breakfast!”

“H-how did you know…?” I tilted my head in wonder.

“I was actually just making sure, but breakfast, here we come!” he cheered with a clap. How old is this guy? “So, here’s the deal, you have to have a completely balanced diet, now that you’re a model and a trainee.” He showed me an app on my iPad, indicating how my new diet would be. “Exercise for at least two hours a day, food to be eaten in moderate amounts, and so on so forth.”

I wrinkled my nose in distaste and he laughed. His laughter died down, and we were left with an awkward silence. It was difficult to make conversation, and so I just sat quiet until we came to our breakfast destination. Goodness knows where we were, but it was a secluded, and very pretty, with sophisticated wood work, and comfortable leather seats- the norm in most cafe I would hope.

I smiled at the cashier, who nodded in accordance. “I’d like to order one Pu-erh tea and one black coffee. I’d also like to go for the Artichoke, Spinach and Feta white omelette, and one sundried tomato quiche. “My manager ordered easily, flashing the female cashier a killer smile. With another nod of the head, and a quick reassurance, the cashier sped to deal with the drinks and ask for Daehwan’s pay.

 

I seated myself at vacated table, and rested my chin on the palms of my hands. Who did he think he was, ordering food for me like he knew what I liked? I scowled. “Yah, don’t look at me like that, it’s for your own good.”

I wrinkled my nose, and took the paper cup he handed me, my Pu’erh tea awaiting me. He smiled softly, as I took a sip of the flavourless tea. The food arrived soon after, and I glared at the sickly green omelette. Daehwan had the nerve to cut a small piece and feed me. To which I denied and glared at him instead.

“Don’t, you need to eat.” He scolded, taking hold of my hand, and placing the fork in my palm. I grumbled incoherently under my breath and took a small bite of the so called ‘omelette’. “See, it’s not that bad.” I frowned, and decided to make do with whatever food was on my plate at that moment since I needed the energy.

When finished, I pushed the plate to the centre of the table and stood up, swiftly followed by Daehwan, who led to me to the van. Seating himself in the back with another person driving in front, I was left to sit in the middle row. The car ride was silent once more, and so giving up, I rooted for my earphones and made use of it, blasting MBLAQ for the sake of it.

In my little fangirl world, I didn’t notice we had arrived in front of a studio, hidden in the little alleys. I was shaken to my senses by my manager. He smiled, as the door of the van opened and he led me to the indoors of the studio.

Upon entering it, I was revealed to sparkling white floors, and stylish black walls. There was a lady seated at a black desk to the side of the foyer.  Daehwan waved to the lady who nodded, and he made his way through to a common device in many buildings. The elevator.

Anyhow, the place wasn’t exactly a maze, since everything was so open planned. As soon as we stepped off the lift, I was greeted to a large space of background materials to one side, and many filled tables to another.

Suddenly, yet another lady who literally appeared from nowhere came and greeted us. I noted her stylish black leather jacket, worn with ripped skinny jeans and heeled ankle boots. Note that this was all in black. Oh, so stylish she was. I kept my mouth zipped as she in her black sunglasses, and teensy frame scrutinised me, casting her gaze from head to toe.

“No, no. We need to fix some things.” She waved, with a half-smirk, one that I was so tempted to slap right off her face. “First off, she’s too dark! Second, her eyes could be larger, maybe even a different colour, grey eyes are too weird. Third, she needs double eyelids! Fourth, she could do with a new hair colour and cut. And fifth, she needs to be wearing heels, and not combats.” She tsked at the last remark, and clicked her fingers to one of her helpers.

“Try the brown- yeah- perfect.” She smiled as she held up a small box to my eyes, “Oh, I forgot to say I’m SuJeong, now don’t mind my helpers.” The devil in heels smiled stiffly, probably finding it difficult to smile with all that Botox done. To be honest, I didn’t realise how gross it would look until now, but what can I do?

I simply remained silent as she pointed to other places in the room, and let my mind wander. I hoped Suho was training hard, because he had a lot to work for. He had better get to where he wanted, he worked for seven years and now he’s only debuting. How he even managed… for all those ish years…

I shook my head suddenly, and yelped loudly, when I felt a sharp tug that brought me down to a seat. “Let me see, what about we plan everything out for now… Now, you have worn heels before right?” the she-devil questioned, and I nodded. “Try these.” She pushed a pair of platform combats into my hands. At least, they looked like combat boots but with massive heels.

“I don’t want to wear this… I have my own set of heels.” I complained, pushing them back. She snarled.

“Fine, we can plan for your hair to be done. Brown. I want to see your hair brown. And then you will have brown eyes, you are going to wear coloured lenses. And then, you are going to lose that colour.” She pointed to my face, before waving her hand to indicate she meant the whole thing. Damn she knew how to make someone feel ugly.

I glared at her, and remained silent, gritting my teeth as I fought the urge to beat the living daylights out of her.  She would have deserved it.

I shrugged. “Is that all? Nothing else to add on to the ugly list?” I hissed, getting to my feet.

“Yah, Sora. She was only doing you good.” My manager tried to excuse the she devil. And I felt my lips form a tight smile, no, I wasn’t going to cry here. I was going to call Suho, and I was going to talk to him.

“Don’t I have another schedule, Oppa?” I crossed my arms, and stared at him blankly. “I thought I did. I thought I had to be at the SM building in a few minutes, but we’re still here.” I continued, casting a sideways glance at the devil’s wife.

“Okay, okay we’re going.” He sighed, and led me out of the building and into the big black van. I muffled ‘good’ and crossed my arms in a huff as the driver of the van led us to the glassy SM building.  I rooted for my phone in my bag, and began texting.

To: Guardian, Suho <3

Hey, can you meet with me in the SM lounge?

From: Guardian Suho <3

Sure, I’m already here coincidentally. xD

I could hear his laugh, and I smiled softly to myself.

To: Guardian Suho <3

Goodie, I’ll be there soon. Love you ^^

From: Guardian Suho <3

Love you too^^ now be quick I have around an hour.

 


Omg, sorry for not updating since New Years'! >>>.<<< I have no excuse, except that my brother was using my laptop and I was fangirling... 

I hope this chapter is to your tastes! 

So, yeah, sorry... *bows 180°* 

HudaCheesecake x

P.S Am I always so awkward if I haven't updated in a while?

P.P.S. Don't forget to comment, subscribe and please upvote! (I'm just kidding.)