Chapter 7: Confusion

I'm Surrounded by Idols!

Kai's POV~


 

My jaw dropped at Chanyeol’s question towards Leeteuk Sunbae.

“Can we get to know our future Sunbae’s better?”

“Of course! You can even get a chance to meet Sungmin’s little sister!” the Super Junior leader brought us up, the door to the apartment already open, Baekhyun and D.O were giggling amongst themselves as we entered. 

The leader of the evil maknaes – Cho Kyuhyun- entered the living room from the kitchen, and there were many other people in the room, majority of us were sitting on the floor. I have never seen such a stressed Sungmin in my life; I stared at him, and let Suho say our names.

The members grumbled amongst themselves, until Sungmin snapped his head up with a “Where’s Sora?” Baekhyun answered for him, his anticipation for her had left I assumed.

When she stumbled in, she wore a plain white shirt, similar to the one she wore the night before, but it was a V-neck and she had navy shorts on. Sora was being cuddled by the Canadian member of Super Junior M, the two looked very lovey-dovey, and I felt myself flush with annoyance, not something I do often, but, it happens.

So maybe she was dating the Henry guy, since Sungmin was her brother, and to date your brother would be . I watched as she nervously scolded Sungmin for my rude actions, and his equally rude reaction and she sat cuddling with Henry, her eyes were trying to search for something else, she bit her lip roughly, and Henry rubbed up and down her arms in a comforting manner.

I guess I was a bit harsh to her earlier so she had every right to be shocked I suppose. I looked away, and I felt two or three pairs of eyes on me, Leeteuk cleared his throat. His eyes sparkled with happiness, as he looked at the six of us. “Chanyeol don’t you have something else to ask to us?” he was way too happy for a normal person, I sighed.

Chanyeol cleared his throat, and Leeteuk clapped happily, taking a seat on the floor with the rest of us, whereas Sora sat comfortable and in Henry’s arms on the sofa.

“So… Annyeong,” Chanyeol started, cheerfully. “I just wanted to ask, how you guys managed to put up with every other members weird sleeping habits.” He shrugged innocently, his deep voice obviously surprising the Super Junior members that sat on the floor and sofa, his eyes were on Baekyun, who gave him an icy glare, Chanyeol just grinned.

“Well, we have fun with it.” Kyuhyun smirked, his eyes drifting over to Eunhyuk. “Like that time, Eunhyuk Hyung drooled so much we collected some of it. And that time Shindong Hyung started strip-“

“NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW.” Sora buried her flushed face in her hands, “God, do you guys have no decency about that?” Henry perked up.

“Hyung, do we still have the photo?”  Henry asked, his question was directed to Kyuhyun, whose smirk didn’t leave his face, he nodded. “Great, blackmail weapons.” Henry’s glee caused Sora to shudder.

Which brought my train of thought to another; didn’t she mind being in the same room with so many men?  The answer was unsaid when she dragged Henry out of the living room, I watched her intently. There was murmuring, then groans coming from somewhere in the apartment.

What was going on? I followed Sungmin with Siwon and Ryeowook, who were tiptoeing towards what I assumed, was Sora’s room. “Ah, yes. Right there, aah that feels so good…” Sora was -what sounded like- .

“Does it hurt?” Henry’s voice was heard through the door, Sora’s answer was a no, and there was a loud rustle, probably from the bedsheets.  “Okay, do you want me to go harder?” she repeated her previous answer, before letting out a strangled moan.

I turned my head, to Sungmin, who fists were tightly clenched. He was mumbling goodness knows what under his breath, the other members kept their distance from Sungmin. “The does this guy think he’s doing to my sister?” Sungmin growled darkly.

The next thing I knew was that Sungmin kicked the door (which was unlocked) open, and we were all revealed to Sora sitting cross legged infront of Henry who was giving her a back massage.

“Hey Oppa.” Sora said calmly, Henry snickered, there was a little inside joke Henry and Sora had between them. Sungmin’s expression softened, at the smile Sora gave her brother. His soft spot for his sister was evident. “You know, there was no need to kick the door open. Yah, I didn’t tell you to stop.” She was having two different conversations at the same time. Henry grumbled, restarting the back massage. “Mochi, I’ll buy you sweets later ‘kay?” she promised him with a wide smile. 

“What the hell are you doing?” Sungmin asked his sister.

“This is called a back massage Sungmin. Henry is really good, ooh yes right there.” She arched her back; cracks coming from her back were heard. “That felt good.” Sora dismissed Henry, who dodged Sungmin, as he disappeared out of the room. I followed him, predicting what would happen next.

I was right. Sungmin blew up. He started to rant, something about the controversy, and what people would think if they heard what was going on. His ranting was loud, so I’m pretty sure the whole of Seoul heard him. I heard Sora answer him, in an equally frustrated tone, but there words were mere mumbles compared to Sungmin.

There were awkward coughs and grunts from behind me. I turned around to see the Super Junior members sighing. “It’s your turn.” Yesung pointed to Siwon.

“Wish me luck.” Siwon bid goodbye, as he opened the door gingerly, Sora leapt on him, causing him to fall over. Her mass of dark locks fell past her face, before she clambered to her feet quickly, as she started running out of the apartment, pulling on a pair of purple Ugg boots and a jacket that wasn’t hers, on her way.

“Yah, she’s just in her pyjamas!” Donghae yelled, running after her, with the assistance of Eunhyuk, Yesung, Zhoumi, Shindong, Henry and Leeteuk. EXO-K and I stood frozen, dumbstruck.

“Are you going to stand there? Do you know how fast Sora can run?” Ryeowook screeched at Sungmin, “You make her do this way too often you know.” There was a loud thump as Chanyeol, Baekhyun and D.O sped out of the apartment. I looked at the three Super Junior members who were left with a puzzled expression.

“She does what too often?” I finally mustered.

“Does ridiculous things, Sungmin gets mad, she gets upset so runs away to have some peace in mind. Although with more than six men running after her it seems genuinely impossible,” answered Ryeowook, he sounded bored of saying it, as if it was common of Sora to do things of that sort. “Yah what did you say to her this time?” Sora seemed like a very dominating person, or maybe they fussed about her too much, whichever way she seemed to be the centre of their attention.

“Didn’t you hear?” Sungmin asked sarcastically.

“I was too busy praying that Siwon would get out of that room alive.” Ryeowook’s reaction caused Sungmin to snarl.

“Kyuhyun has taught you too much.” Sungmin scowled, quickly apologising to Siwon who was dusting his body, as he got up from the ground. “She was already getting too much attention and what if the wrong people heard, and took it wrong? Then there would be more of this , then I went on to tell her that it’s why you don’t bring a guy alone into your bedroom, but she dismissed me completely! I thought she would understand! Then she gets mad and says that I control her too much, when I don’t, and then Siwon opened the door, and she ran out. I don’t even see how she managed to do that.” Sungmin was panting by the end of his little story.

“You have to let her live her own life now. She’s an adult. And when she debuts as your little sister, she’ll need to learn how to live her on her own. Why else did your parents buy her that condo?” Siwon sighed, throwing himself onto the sofa.

Sungmin said nothing but stormed into his room, slamming the door in the process. I gulped, a loud noise grabbing my attention, and turned my head, seeing an emotional Sora, kicking and crying in defeat as Donghae carried her through his arms wrapped around her arms and waist, panting, Baekhyun and Chanyeol followed.

“We found her.” Chanyeol said proudly, “You should be proud of us Kai.” I shrugged.

“He was too busy staring into space.” Suho said, rolling his eyes. I found myself unable to say anything, as the rest very red-faced members came stumbling through the door of the apartment.

“Is she okay?” was the first question from Zhoumi. There were numerous nods of yeses and he breathed a breath of relief, collapsing on top of Siwon, who grunted in pain.

“LEAVE ME ALONE!” screamed Sora, from a distant place in the apartment. “WILL YOU JUST GET LOST?! I WANT TO BE ALONE!”

“I’m sorry, but you should be -oof!” Donghae was pretty much thrown into the living room, followed by numerous hard objects; some included a flashlight, and a panda plush. Siwon patted Donghae’s head in sympathy, murmuring that he felt his pain, in the midst of shoving Zhoumi off his body.

“I suggest you leave.” Eunhyuk shooed me and my group, except for Suho.

“What about Su-“I was unable to continue due to the door slamming in my face. “Hormonal idiots.” I muttered under my breath, trudging down the stairs with the rest of my group mates. I felt my eyelids droop heavily, but they snapped open again when I thought about the screaming. Is that how it went all of the time? Surely not, I mean we would have moved out long ago if that was the case. Right?

“Why does Hyung get to stay behind?” mumbled Sehun, as he huffed, and puffed out his cheeks. No one answered his question, because we all wished to be in the same position as Suho.

D.O opened the door to the dorm, tired after that little kafuffle that was caused by the one and only. “Come on, let’s get to sleep,” he said in his motherly warm tone. We all nodded, dragging our feet to our shared rooms. “Goodnight Kai.” D.O said with a smile, as he slipped into his bed, he was already in his pyjamas.

“G-night.” I mumbled, turning over to face the cream walls. As usual, I recapped on how well my day went.

My morning was with Sora, almost crashing into a lamp post, or was it two? Afterwards I dressed Sehun with D.O’s assistance. We lazed around glad not to worry about any planned schedules coming that day. I played games on my laptop, finding out about Sora and Sungmin.  Sehun came home, moments later Sora comes and hands him waffles for some unknown reason. I snapped she already looked prepared to cry. That was a bit mean wasn’t it?

Why was I like that? Why did I have to treat her like that? Why did she have this much attention from me in the first place?

I snapped back to my previous train of thought. I caused her to cry- possibly-, I tried to calm down, Bacon disappeared, D.O disappeared, Chanyeol decided to speak, and then went into Super Junior dorms, one of the very few times ever, then came the controversy, then the rest is implanted in my memory forever.

I sighed, today was a change, and I quite liked change, but this change was dangerous.

Glad to have recollected my brain that was scattered around the place, I managed to sleep peacefully- well I was almost asleep, when Suho opened the door loudly. Aish, this guy had no decency to let s rest huh? I crawled out of my warm bed, and scowled at the person, who was on the flushed side.

“What happened to you?”

“I turned into a therapist, or a shrink, or whatever,” he dismissed me; I grabbed his wrist, proud to say I was taller than him by a milestone.

“You didn’t answer.” I looked down at him.

“Shisus, Eunhyuk Sunbae just asked some questions that’s all. Then I was made to face Sora, who was creating a drama, with Kyuhyun complaining that he’ll be eating off ramen for a year before Sora is happy again. I got to put a smile on her face with Henry Sunbae’s assistance. Happy now? “He asked sarcastically, shutting himself in his and Sehun’s room. His sudden out lash made me feel really bad, so I went back into bed. Sadly, my time sleeping was restless, and so I woke up feeling drained, and grumpy.

“Morning!” D.O chirped, skipping out of the bathroom. I grunted, and stomped in, almost falling asleep in the shower. My sleepiness made me trip and I hit my head off the tiled wall, making my eyes snap open, as I felt my bruised head.

No, today was teaser day. I sighed to myself, as I stepped out of the warm shower, grabbing the curtains so I wouldn’t slip.

I dragged my feet out of the bathroom and hunted down for something to cover the light markings. I sighed, and figured I’d just have to use my hair instead. With a frown I pulled on my usual, black jeans, and my red angry birds t-shirt, I grabbed my training bag, and walked out of the room, pushing my hair to cover my bruise.

“D.O, you got makeup? I need it.” I called, strolling into the kitchen, where only D.O, Sehun and Baekhyun sat, around the table.

“Yah, Kai, you’re so much darker than I am. So no, I don’t.” he answered simply, “Why?” D.O asked, his head snapping up to meet my gaze. I lifted my forehead, the bruise was already darkening, and he nodded in understanding and then shrugged, bending his head back down to his cereal.

The two others snickered, and patted for me to sit in between them, with a frown I obliged, grabbing my bowl and carton of milk. Shovelling it in my mouth at the speed of light, I had finished in minutes. 

“I’m going on out first.” I muttered, shutting the door with a slight slam. As I stepped outside, I was greeted to cold air, and I pulled on my gloves hastily, pressing the silver button for the elevator continuously, until it opened, revealing Sora, who was holding a large white box. She blushed and avoided my gaze completely. Her eyes were fixated on the box she held tightly.

I noticed she was wearing mittens, they were similar to my gloves that were blue and cream in colour, but her mittens were pretty much gloves with finger covers, her mittens had cream polka dots and a dark blue background. We were enveloped in an eerie silence, much to my distaste. Sora and I were just great yesterday and now we’re like this? I prepared to open my mouth to say something, but was rudely interrupted, by her phone. I stared at Sora, who was coughing awkwardly, as she placed the box on the floor.

“Yeoboseyo, Jae Unnie,” she said quietly, “I’m on the elevator now. Yes, we were ju- yes. I only have one last box Unnie. Yes. Yes. Okay, I’ll see you then.” She took her phone away from her ear and looked down again, as if grateful that the doors of the cold elevator opened that moment, since she grabbed her box, and sped out, dropping a little turtle key ring along the way. It looked like it wouldn't be able to get back on its feet again. It looked like it was permanently rolling on it's shell. Poor thing.

I picked it up after her, and before I could say anything, she had sped to the swishing automatic doors of the apartment building, jumping into a large moving van with the whole of Super Junior. I found myself left agape as I held the little soft toy, giving it a light squeeze. This cuddly little thing deserved to be looked after by someone who cared. So I placed it in my pocket, slipping out of the building quietly.

I smiled at the feeling, of being able to play with my breath, pretending I was an adorable dragon, as I hailed a taxi. I found myself on the verge of flailing my arms about to grab attention when a taxi finally stopped, I peeked in through the windows and opened the door quickly, stealing a seat and asking the driver to take me to the SM building. The heat in the taxi was a tropical forest compared to the cold of the outdoors.  I shivered happily, and gazed out of the foggy windows, tempted to draw a smiley face.

Effectively I changed my mind, and sat staring at the back of the seat in shotgun position, unsure of what to do. I remembered to bring my phone and happily put in my new headphones that D.O bought me (because he’s so kind like that) and drowned myself in music, popping my chest occasionally to the beats of the music. I felt myself smile genuinely.

As if to steal my daydream, the taxi came to an abrupt halt, shocking me in the moment. “Your stop, Sir.” The taxi driver said, giving me a grin. I peeked at the price and kept my smile plastered on my face, handing him the money he was due. This time I made sure it was exact. I pushed open the door, and shivered in the breeze of the winter air.

Pulling my jacket closer to my body I had to walk five hundred more metres or so, until I was in the warmth of the SM building lobby, greeted to by the receptionist, who recognised me and dismissed me without a second glance. She wasn’t allowed to stare at trainees; it’s not in her job description. Staring at trainees I mean.

I puffed out my cheeks and stepped into yet another elevator, waving at the security camera in the corner on the ceiling of it. Pressing the number 5 button afterwards, leaning my back against the cool metal of the elevator, I felt the elevator swiftly climb the different floors, occasionally letting people in, and I was out at long last. I strolled around the building for a few moments, before finding my utter most favourite practise room, it was my favourite for many reasons, the floor was just right for slipping but keeping grip, the light that streamed through the blinds was always enough so it didn’t blind me, nor did I need to switch on lights, unless it was night time, of course. I liked everything about this room, and I hated it when people used it, because then I would have to go to another, which wasn’t as great.

I slid the blue screen with clouds to the side, revealing the sleek black iPod dock, and played my teaser song, sung by D.O. the song was called Be My Lady.  Pushing the screen back I let the music fill the room, and my body flowed with the music, remembering the choreography I designed, with my own creativity, and my own time.

“Kai-sshi?” a voice called from behind, causing me to trip and almost land on my face. I turned, and scowled at the female. “I-It’s time for your t-teaser filming.” She stuttered, backing out of the room slowly. I stalked out of the room, and followed her to the set, taking the clothes given with ease. I was led to the different sets and was proud to say I did it well. They were my dances after all.

“Next set!” someone yelled, and I was made to dance in water. I rolled my eyes, and just got on with it. What was up with SM and dancing in water? I ignored my repulsive thoughts and continued. “More attitude!” the guy yelled at me, I smiled grimly and followed his orders.

“Gorgeous!” the coordi Noona cried hugging me breathless, as I finished, and I soon found myself being dragged to a room to dress into another set of clothes. This went on for the whole day, pardon lunch and some breaks.  Redo-ing my dance, practising the intro walk, showing off the hat throws, everything was done at least four times.

When the director was finally happy, I was able to dress back into normal clothes. Checking the time, I had worked for around ten hours. It was roughly eight ’o clock. I sighed, and pulled on my jacket, bidding the receptionist goodbye and stepping out into the cold. The receptionist just gave me a fake smile, and turned to another person, who was making an appointment with Lee Soo Man. I shrugged my shoulders, and tried to find myself a taxi.  The cold air was making my teeth chatter, and no one had stopped for me yet.

Suddenly a large black van stopped, and Super Junior’s Leeteuk was the driver.

“Kai-sshi!” he called with a grin.

“Leeteuk Sunbae-nim!” I greeted with a bow.

“Yah, you guys open the door for him.” Leeteuk ordered the invisible. “Aish, it’s cold, where are your members?” he asked me.

“They’ve probably left I was doing my own activity today, so I didn’t see much of them.” I said coolly, as if I wasn’t freaking out.

“Oh, I see.” He nodded, “Hop in!”

“Thank you so much Leeteuk Sunbae.” I bowed my head appreciatively, as I was seated in the van, and the door shut, making me feel slightly nervous. I was sat next to Donghae, who was next to Eunhyuk. “Annyeong Haseyo Sunbae-nims.” I bowed my head to the others.

I noticed Eunhyuk, was glancing over to the back where Ryeowook was seated and he nodded occasionally. I froze when Eunhyuk started to speak. “So, Kai-sshi, are you excited to be in EXO?” he asked, I couldn’t help but notice Donghae clamping his hand over Eunhyuk’s mouth, and glaring at him. Did these guys have like a telepathic connection or something?

“I’m really excited Eunhyuk-sshi.” I answered as politely as I could. He nodded, with Donghae’s hand still covering his mouth.

“Yah! Don’t my hand! You weirdo!” Donghae shrieked, jumping in his seat. Eunhyuk burst out laughing, saying that he couldn’t resist. I simply watched in silence, as Donghae wiped his hand off Eunhyuk’s ‘new’ shirt.

“Yah! That’s my new shirt!” Eunhyuk yelled.

“No it isn’t! You bought that shirt three weeks ago! It isn’t new anymore buddy!” Donghae retorted, “And anyway, it’s your saliva going back to its rightful owner!”

“You two! Show a good example will you?! We got an idol to be!” Leeteuk half-yelled, causing the two to settle down. I raised my eyebrows, surprised by their obedience. “Kai-sshi, these guys are just tired, normally they’re a lot more defiant, if you’re wondering.”

Could they read minds or something?

“Oh, I see.” I mumbled, bending my head low.

“If he bends his head any lower, do you think it’ll fall off?” I heard Yesung ask from the back. My head snapped up almost immediately, and I heard a slight slap.

“Yah, you shouldn’t say it like that.” Ryeowook scolded him. “See? He heard you.” I couldn’t help but turn around. “Aigo, Yesung Hyung, apologise.”

Yesung, blushed awkwardly and fumbled an apology. “S-sorry Kai-sshi.” I simply smiled in return. “Happy Ryeowook? Aish, this maknae, bossing his hyungs around.” Yesung mumbled the last part. Ryeowook just stuck his tongue out like a playful maknae, Yesung hit the younger’s head, earning an annoyed whine.

“Is this what you’re usually like?” I asked, Leeteuk, who nodded.

“Yep, you get used to it, isn’t it like this with EXO?” I shrugged.

“Well, we aren’t always in the car together because of our own individual schedules…” Leeteuk nodded, his mouth shaping an ‘o’. “At home, we’re usually really tired and just stay in our rooms or watch TV in the living room.”

“Heh, it was never like that with Super Junior.” Donghae laughed, causing the whole car to erupt in laughter. I just followed awkwardly. “Hey, Hyung, can we stop buy the market for a bit? I’ve got some things I need to buy.” Donghae asked his leader.

“Half an hour ‘kay? No drinking.” Leeteuk agreed sternly, and everyone in the car cheered. I felt my hands slip into my pocket, and squeezed the little turtle. I was on an outing with some of Super Junior, I should be happy and excited, not nervous.

I swallowed, before speaking, “Leeteuk Sunbae, where are your other members?”

“Others? Kyuhyun, Henry, Sungmin, Zhoumi, Siwon and Shindong?” I nodded, to have my question answered by Eunhyuk and Donghae.

“Well, we have Kyuhyun , Henry, Sungmin and Zhoumi helping someone move out, they’re practically done already.” Eunhyuk started, letting Donghae continue.

“Then we have Siwon who is currently doing a very exciting drama and Shindong who is an MC. These guys won’t be home in a while.” Donghae completed, he high-fived Eunhyuk proudly. I nodded in understanding.

“He keeps nodding Wookie, do you think he’s shy?” Yesung asked Ryeowook. I could tell he was grinning and I felt my ears and cheeks go hot. “Oops, I think he heard me.”

Everyone but I, glared at him.  I just smiled awkwardly.  “Sorry~” he apologised once more, I couldn’t help but laugh.

“It’s okay.” Was all I managed to muster in the awkward atmosphere, but no one dropped their gaze. “So where are we going?”

“I need to buy something, so it won’t be long.” Donghae smiled, leaving out the where we were going to. I said nothing, and Eunhyuk’s phone rang loudly, blasting Sorry Sorry from his pocket. “Yah, really so loud?” Donghae complained.

“It’s Sora’s ringtone… Yeoboseyo?” he answered instead, “Yah, Donghae you forgot to buy her the Hello Panda?!”

Donghae laughed, scratching his head, a lopsided grin on his face. “It was not my fault, she was being hit on by those painters and I had to step in one way or another… forgetting about the Hello Panda.”

“Sora, why didn’t you just call Donghae?” there was a frustrated answer on the other line, “True, I would have picked up for you.” There was another grumble, “Here you go Donghae.” Eunhyuk grinned evilly.

“You disloyal .” Donghae hissed before putting the phone to his ear. “They were totally hitting on you! Yes they were, if it weren’t for me Sungmin would have beaten the crap out of them, before the paint was even on the wall!”

I chuckled, “So we’re going to buy the Hello Panda for Sora. Wait Hello Panda? Isn’t that like a kiddies treat?”

“She heard you.” Donghae said, to me. “Oh, I wasn’t meant to say that? Pretend you didn’t hear what I said.” Donghae smiled childishly, waving his hands. “I’m getting it! Don’t worry your pretty little head, Oppa will get it for you!” he giggled, there was a snort from the other end.

“Heh, I heard that” Eunhyuk laughed, at Donghae’s face. “Hey, we’re here now, pass me the phone.” Eunhyuk yanked the phone away from Donghae and started to laugh, “We’re here now! And Donghae will buy you tonnes of Hello Panda! Right, Donghae? You will won’t you?!”

“You evil little-“ a hand was clamped over Donghae’s mouth, and Eunhyuk hung up on Sora.

“Manners Hyung, there is someone who looks up to us.” Ryeowook chastised. “And anyway, you will or else she will let Sungmin on you.”

“What woud Sungmin Sunbae do exactly?” I blurted, as I pulled open the door of the car, and stepped into the cold air, smacking my face like knives. “I mean, he couldn’t cause that much injury right?”

“Sungminnie is too soft to do anything to me.” Donghae remarked, slinging his arm around my shoulder.

“When it comes to his sister he isn’t.” Eunhyuk interjected. “I mean, he could totally whip your sorry little with the way he plays with nunchucks.” He said coolly, as we walked to a nearby sweet store, selling plenty of Japanese and Korean treats.

“Oh, Sungmin Sunbae knows martial arts right?” I asked, slowly adjusting to their personality, they nodded.

“So does Sora, on that matter. Hey, don’t the Lee siblings all know martial arts?” Eunhyuk asked around.

“I heard Sungjin did it too. So yeah I suppose so.” Leeteuk nodded, picking up a pack of Pocky. “Lee Donghae, buy her choco cream, milk cream and strawberry. You know how much she likes them.”

“You should also buy her some Pepero. She likes them too.”

“But Pocky is larger and she likes them more!”

“We know, so don’t forget the mochi’s.”

“What flavour of mochi should I get?”

“Get her the azuki bean –she won’t get enough of them- and hey they sell peanut butter flavour! Get these!” Yesung’s eyes grew as he pointed to the pack.

“Fine, what else?” Donghae looked over to me, “You want anything?”

“I can pay for my own, it’s fine.” I rejected his offer with a smile. I picked up a Kancho box and checked it over, very similar to Hello Panda. “I never understood why this was called Kancho*.”

“Neither, hey how much Hello Panda should I buy for Sora?” Donghae asked, prodding my arm.

“How much have you got so far?”

“I have four of each, plus the extra sweets. I’m deciding whether or not to buy her these MeltyKiss chocolates…” he sighed, his basket looked quite full, but Sora sounded so grumpy.

“What about one more of each Hello Panda, these sweets and then all of the flavours of MeltyKiss?” I suggested, taking my Kancho to the till. These were a bit cheaper than the Hello Panda.  “How are you going to drop it off?”

“We’ll drop you off home probably, and then we’ll go to her new home and give it to her. Pray that I’m alive by the end of the night ‘kay?” he laughed nervously.

“I’m sure she’ll forgive you if you’re giving her this much.” I said as soothingly as possible.

“She has to. This has got to be over one hundred thousand all this!” he said as he placed his basket onto the till, causing the worker’s eyes to widen. “Party.” He said simply to the worker, who nodded, obviously not heard Donghae’s previous sentence.

“One hundred and one thousand nine hundred and fifty Won sir.” Even the worker sounded shocked, I stifled a chuckle as Donghae shoved his card into the machine grudgingly.  I watched as he stabbed the button, muttering incoherent words about Sora being annoying, and violent were flowing at a scary speed out of his mouth.

“Twenty two items, costing me over a hundred thousand won, humanity has no hope.” Donghae sighed, as he held onto the fashionable gift bags that were given to him. Eunhyuk was staring at the bags very intently, before speaking.

“The bags are nice.” Eunhyuk gushed, stealing one, and admiring the pink, and white of the stripes. The logo of the store was cute, and bright. “Aigo, how adorable.” Eunhyuk smiled to himself, skipping to the van, his hand holding the gift bag, like a toy, bringing it closer to his body and hugging it tightly. I felt strange watching a man older than me act like a five year old. I tilted my head to the side.

“Oh you get used to Eunhyuk.” Leeteuk laughed, patting my head. He unlocked the van with the press of a button, and we were soon inside the van, warm and now comfortable with each other. I didn’t realise how easily it was to befriend my Sunbae’s since they had always seemed so busy and… well… comfortable with each other.

I happily slid the door of the van shut, and we continued the journey, being explained the reason why she does not mind the presence of men altogether. Living with roughly twelve men for a year, swimming, running and sharing embarrassing memories obviously makes no impact on how she feels towards being with guys. I was told that she thought of everyone in Super Junior as her older brother, and so she thought it as a huge family, and her being one of the youngsters and the mischievous ones of the families.

Whose idea was it to collect Eunhyuk’s drool while he was asleep?  It was hers.

Who was it who moved Siwon’s laundry basket one morning and for a week missed the basket and didn’t know why? Only her.

Who cooked for the boys when they were tired from their shows and their comebacks and helped them during their tough times? The one and only Lee Sora.

A phone started ringing the tune was ‘Oppa Oppa’. I watched Donghae fumble with his pockets and slide his finger across the screen and answer. “Sora, we’ll be coming over to drop o- NO WAY.”

“Is it on speaker?” her sweet voice asked, as Donghae pressed the button.

“Now it is.” Donghae answered.

“Great, so Sungmin Oppa bought me what you were meant to buy me, and I’ll be spending one more night with my Oppas! Meaning you don’t have to worry about coming back here until… then!” she cheered over the phone.

“Yah, I spent over one hundred thousand on you!” Donghae complained.

“Well Sungmin spent over two hundred thousand!” Sora retorted, there was laughter in the background. “You had better not be eating my chocolate spread mochi or I’ll kill you Henry. Anyway! When we come back tonight, we’ll have a feast, except for Sungmin, he’s on a diet.” There was a grumble in the background, another voice was heard.

“You should have seen his face when we went out to eat earlier and I ordered Jajangmyun!” Kyuhyun laughed with Sora. “Then we ordered that Chocolate Death dessert and made him watch. High five!” a ‘plack’ was heard.

“These children.” Donghae muttered, rolling his eyes.

“HENRY! YOU-“all that was heard were English and some sort of an argument forming.

“NO ONE UNDERSTANDS WHAT YOU’RE SAYING!” yelled Donghae over the phone, he looked like he was about to throw his phone out of the car. “KOREAN PLEASE!”

I couldn’t help but chuckle. “So, it’s usually like this in the dorms?” I asked, their answer was a simple shrug.

“HI OPPAS!” Sora half-yelled into the phone. “Is there anyone else-not my ice cream you little jerk face you ate that whole pack of Hello Panda, with the marshmallows and half of my chocolate spread mochi- sorry, Henry was being a little adorable annoying .”

“There’s Kai-sshi from EXO-K!” Leeteuk called from the front. I could hear obvious coughs and splutters, “Oh, we’re home. Get home safe you lot.” Leeteuk took the mobile phone and hung up for Donghae.

“I thank you eternally.” Donghae said formally, causing Leeteuk to wrap his arm around the other’s shoulders. I felt someone wrap their arms around mine, and found Eunhyuk grinning at me. The other two were in an intense conversation about something to do with colours, unicorns and an improvised heart dance. I don’t even want to imagine what it was actually about.

I shrugged inwardly, knowing that Sora was still uncomfortable with me. And I knew I had to change it someway, the next time I met her maybe.  Maybe… I could do something…

I just-

“Hi Kai.” Kyuhyun greeted me, pushing his way through into the elevator.

“How long have you been standing there for?” Zhoumi asked, also making his way through.  I noticed Siwon was holding someone in a bridal position.

“I d-don’t know actually…” I stuttered, my eyes flickering towards the sleeping body.

“She fell asleep in the car, she’s tired… They gave me a lift home.” Siwon explained, pushing a sleepy Sungmin into the elevator, he stepped in after carrying the sleeping Sora, who was resting her head against Siwon’s shoulder, nuzzling into his neck. I noticed that the numbers 10 and 11 had been pressed.

“Thank you.” I said to Kyuhyun, for some reason I knew it was him. He shrugged, and closed his eyes.

“I ate too much… We’re meant to have a feast before her press conference.” Kyuhyun complained, poking Zhoumi in the arm. Zhoumi glared.

“Not my problem.” Zhoumi snapped, “I could have totally dressed her well but no, Sungmin decides his stylist must do the work!” although Sungmin didn’t seem to register what Zhoumi had said, and had fallen asleep against the wall of the elevator, his eyes fluttering open when it reached my floor. When he realised it was my floor, he closed his eyes again.

I walked into the dorm, opening the door gingerly, scared of who might be home. Surprise, surprise, Sehun jumped on me, with the assistance of D.O and Chanyeol. Baekhyun and Suho had fallen asleep.

“Look, I need to make up with Sora.” I said simply.

 


*Kancho is a prank often played in Japan; it is performed by clasping the hands together so the index fingers are pointing out and attempting to insert them sharply into someone's  region when the victim is not looking.It is similar to the wedgieor a goosing, although, as compared to kancho, the former mentioned acts do not involve physical contact which is quite as intimate or direct. A Kancho is often executed simultaneously as the offending party loudly emphasizes the second syllable of "Kan-CHO!".