Chapter 6: The older brother position

I'm Surrounded by Idols!

 

Sungmin's POV~

First time right?


 

I honestly felt bad for my little sister, but on the other hand, I was quite arrogant about her.

The way she sang, the way she danced, how smart she was, her prettiness; yeah my little sister had it all.

It was going to be perfect for the whole family, and I include Super Junior. We were going to work on that condo together, it would have lasted a month, not a week. I suppose life isn’t how we expect it.

Then I watched her cry, it was my fault really. That the controversy started I mean. I blame myself for not making her known earlier, so now, she will probably be hated by all sasaeng fans on the face of this planet. She will probably be suspected as my girlfriend from now on too.

I sighed, as I looked over at my little sister, she was chatting happily now, her tears had stopped flowing, she was chatting to the rookies in that new group. They were handsome guys I admit, but I just didn’t want her to have any feelings for them.

I just don’t want her to be hurt.

I noticed Henry nuzzling into her back, her slash top, slipping off her shoulder, as she wriggled in his grasp. I had always wondered if Henry liked my sister that way, even if he did, I suppose you can’t control someone else’s heart can you?

As a human, you really can’t do a lot. I turned to face the four from the kitchen, and I felt guilty for pushing my parents, so that she could move up classes. I felt bad for being the reason she was made to take up ballet, but I changed my mind when I saw what it had done to her, I definitely felt bad when I was the one who made sure she was studying well in English and Mandarin, and so made sure to tell the teachers to keep a sharp eye out for her.

I just wanted her to be perfect, is it so much to ask? Now, I see that it isn’t that now she is the definition of perfect, aside from her snarky remarks, and her OCD attitude, and her laziness when it was her time of the month.

I took my time to make her perfect, but I had to forfeit to reach there too. I ended up missing her when she visited and I was busy whenever we had to meet for dinners or occasional events. I gave her all the chances to hate me, but I wasn’t allowed to see her otherwise.

I am proud of her, she is my baby sister, and she is the baby of this huge extended family, in my household, to Super Junior, to SM and hopefully to the world.

I just wished she didn’t have to leave.

I just wished that time was able to rewind and I would make up for every mistake I made. I feel that way every time I see her smile, that genuine smile that won boy’s hearts. I wondered if she had totally forgiven me.

“Sungminnie,” the maknae sat down happily beside me, as I stared blankly at my baby sister. “She looks good with that Baekhyun guy,” he chirped pointing to the guy on our left, his voice was as if he was trying to lighten up my mood. It didn’t work. I growled at him darkly, and he put his hands up in surrender, “Sorry.” he mumbled an apology, taking my bowl of kimchi fried rice and digging in happily, making strange chortling noises as he swallowed loudly. I rolled my eyes, and gazed at how easily the two other males joked with Sora.

I didn’t want to give her away so easily.

“Yah, Hyung, don’t look at them like that. Sora deserves some good guys, and please, trust me, they are. Especially after Tae-“ he shut up suddenly, clamping his hands over his mouth in shock.

“Tae who Kyuhyun?”

“No one. I didn’t say anyone.” He bent his head low into the bowl of fried rice, I pulled it away from him. Comically his face followed the bowl across the table.

“Tell me Cho Kyuhyun.” I ordered, “Tell me before I ask Sora.” I watched Kyuhyun gulp, as he looked down, scratching his head awkwardly.

“T-Taemin…”

“WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN THE TWO?” I stood up suddenly.

“They dated, for a few months…”

“Mwo?! And she didn’t tell me?!” I half-yelled, Kyuhyun gulped again, giving me a feeble shrug.

“She told me not to, or else she would break my laptop.”Kyuhyun’s cheeks flushed red, he awkwardly went to greet the people who had come to visit.

I followed in suit, and tried to relax, my mind too perplexed to think of the things her and Taemin could have done when I was away abroad.

Oh the thoughts. I buried my head in my knees, until I heard my baby sister. “Oppa?” I looked up and couldn’t see her, Henry had also disappeared.

“Where did Sora go?”

“To get changed or something.” One of the guys who had come to visit shrugged.

“Care to introduce yourselves?” Zhoumi asked politely, as the other four men sat comfortably on the floor.

One of them resembled Siwon, he spoke first. “I’m Kim Joon Myun, leader of EXO K,” he pointed to the rest in what I assumed was age order, “Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo-or else D.O-, Jongin –or else Kai- and Sehun.”

“It would have been nicer if you all did one by yourselves,” Zhoumi mumbled irritably.

Sora returned, with Henry, who had his hands wrapped around her lovingly. “Yah, Canadian please?” she asked him, less than politely, and he reluctantly let go of her waist, I studied her clothes.

tumblr_maq1n4BirQ1r70opco1_1280.jpg

“Pyjamas?” I asked her, she shrugged innocently, telling me that my overly gorgeous stylist told her to sleep early, so she would.

“Who’s your stylist?” asked a curious Jongin, he looked a lot like Taemin.

“Jae.” I said coolly. “She isn’t anyone of your concern.”

“Oppa, be nice.” Sora pleaded with her persuasive voice, her eyes being the only way I could tell she was secretly panicking inside. I noticed Henry giving her a comforting smile, as she went to sit next to him. She tugged at the hem of her shirt, and pulled up her legs underneath her shirt, as she cuddled in Henry’s embrace, he was whispering comforting words in her ear, and I noticed her bite her lip, her eyes locked on one person.

Jongin.

 


Dun dun dun! I decided to do a Sungmin chapter because I felt bad for the guy.  

HudaCheesecake x