Chapter 3: Interesting stuff

I'm Surrounded by Idols!

 

Kai's POV~


This was going to be interesting.

“She’s his little sister? But he has no little sister.” Baekhyun said, raising his voice an octave.

“Well, either she’s adopted or she lived abroad. To which she did- live abroad I mean.” Sehun shrugged.

“First, she likes maknaes, and then she is the little sister of Lee Sungmin!” Chanyeol sobbed, “We have no chance!”

“Yes, you are technically a maknae.” D.O answered my mute question.

“You can lip read?”

“A bit... I can imitate voices too.”

“Yah, I know that already bimbo.” I hit his head softly.

“I don’t care, there’s only a two years difference between us. I’m going after her,” Chanyeol stormed out of the room, only to return blushing. “Never mind, the whole of Super Junior is with her.”

He ruffled his hair irritably, and started to pack his things. “Where are you going?” I asked.

“To go catch up with EXO M.” he pulled his bag over his shoulder.

Someone cleared their voice, “Ahem.” It was Suho, we all looked at him. “Who said you could leave?”

“I did.” And with that he ran out of the studio.

“Bye!” Baekhyun followed, at the same speed.

“Same here!” D.O ran out with the couple.

“Yah! Come back here!” Suho shouted, “I’m your leader!” he stalked out of the room.

“So… Kai.” Sehun faced me, a smirk evident on his face.

“What?”

“Wanna show your dance?” he asked cheerfully. “We’ve trained together for ages.”

“Nah, I can’t be bothered anymore.” I dismissed him, and grabbed my stuff, deciding to head on back to the dorms.

“Well, I’ll be meeting up with Luhan.” He strode out, cheerfully.

“Cheerful dorks.” I muttered, ruffling my hair. “I even got ditched by D.O.”

I waited for a few minutes, and realised no one was coming back. Giving in, I pushed open the wooden door and left the studio. Only to walk into a stranger, a stranger I planned to never interact with too.

“Oh, oh I’m sorry. I just lost my brother,” she apologised, bowing her head, causing her mass of hair to cover her face. “Have you seen Lee Sungmin anywhere?”

“Sungmin Sunbae?” I asked simply, che I knew they were related, thanks to a little birdie. “Are you two related?”

“Sadly so,” she said, “Well, since you aren’t helping I’ll go find him myself, thank you for nothing.” She pushed me to the side, and continued her journey.

So, I followed. I followed her, I mean. I waited for her to get to a reasonable distance and followed her.

I watched her every move, from that distance, the way she pulled out her watch to check the time, the way she puffed out her cheeks when she was confused, or landed in the same place twice, the way she sighed when her brother wouldn’t pick up the phone, the way she - greeted Taemin?

“Taemin-ah!” she waved happily at the figure.

“Yah, Lee Sora, I’ m a year older. It’s Oppa.” He bonked her head playfully, squeezing her shoulders.

“You sure don’t act like an Oppa.” She remarked, poking his skinny arms. That was true; I looked and acted a lot more like a Hyung than he did.

“And I am still your Oppa anyhow.” The two kept hitting each other, softly though, I could see they weren’t trying to cause any physical damage, but… it was weird.

“I’ve lost my real Oppa, and there was this guy who didn’t help me at all. To be frank, he looked a lot like you.” She looked up at his face, which was smiling sheepishly, he didn’t do anything but smile more when she smacked his cheeks with both of her hands softly.

“Really? Then he must have been K-.” He shrugged, “Wanna go eat?”

“No thanks, I’m going to look for my Oppa.” She declined him politely.

“Have you tried calling him?” the girl nodded, “Texting? Shouting? Asking around?” she nodded to all of his suggestions.

“I don’t know what to do!” she cried, hugging him, suddenly, a delightful ringtone played.

“Puff the magic draagon~”

“Kyu Oppa?! Where are you all?! Where the hell is Sungmin?! Where- present?” has this girl got the attention span of a chipmunk?

“Where are you? Answer my question! I don’t care, I don’t believe you. I’m with Taemin Oppa,” she answered each unsaid question. “Well, come get me!” she wailed.

Che, such a baby, spoilt brat. A very pretty baby though.

Aish, shut up brain.

“Sora!” multiple voices called from the end of the corridor, I quickly hid behind an open door. “Lee Sora!” this time it was Sungmin, sweeping his sister off her feet, and planting too many kisses on her hair.

“Yah, I’m eighteen. Control yourself.” She pushed him away, and leapt on Kyuhyun instead, “Kyu Oppa~” she cuddled him.

“I’m your real Oppa.” Sungmin frowned, “Umma, Appa and I got you something because you didn’t get a chance to go to Cambridge.”

“Give me it then.” She stuck her hands out willingly. “Give me the gift.”

“First…” he placed an panda eyemask over her face.

“Yah, it feels funny.” She slapped his hands.

“Sora, there’s no need to be violent. Siwonnie!” he called to Siwon, who smirked.

“Not again! I refuse. I refuse!” she pushed against his chest. He shook his head mockingly, and threw her over his shoulder. Her eye mask lessened her ability to protect herself, and she eventually, gave up.

“You will love this.” They promised, bouncing out of the building. I silently watched, from the window as they put her into the car.

“She’s pretty.” I commented quietly, thinking I was alone.

“Who is?” Taemin popped out of nowhere.

“Mwo? Where did you come from Hyung?” I said surprised, smiling widely.

“I came from around the corner. Who were you talking about?” he asked curiously.

“No one, I didn’t say anyone. Now let me go home.” I bat his hand away quickly, feeling my neck burn.

I at lying, but he’s gullible, so it’s an even situation, I jogged around the corner and hunted down my other band mates. They weren’t anywhere!

Just then, my phone beeped, telling me I had a text.

We left already, are you at home? Said the text, I received from Sehun.

No, I had some business to do. It may have included Baekyeol’s new crush. I texted back, my fingers speedy, each tap tapping the screen efficiently, making me think about that girl’s hands.

Oh good Lord. My corrupted mind, it keeps going too.

I shook my head, quickly and jumped into a taxi, heading to the dorms.

It’s late, and you’re not home. Suho texted me, causing me to frown deeply.

Not my fault, last minute things came up. I replied.

Hurry up and get home.

Ridiculous, he just wants me home. Che, that’s so Suho, the Grandpa.

Ooh, seems someone was catching up with Sungmin Sunbae’s lil’ sis! My phone beeped, from Baekhyun.

I rolled my eyes, and refused to answer his and everyone else’s texts. I lay my head backwards and breathed in deeply; I was too tired to care about anything, and even paid the taxi driver too much, I didn’t notice his eyes widen as I handed him possibly twice as much as needed.

“Keep the change.” I mumbled, turning into the dorms with a sigh. I kicked off my shoes, and ruffled my hair. I didn’t look at any one of the nine males sprawled all over the place in the living room, the other two by my senses, were cooking dinner.

I stalked into my and D.O’s room, and unexpectedly it was tidy, I live with the neatest member of EXO-K after all. After checking all the unread texts I received, I stripped down and grabbed my towel, into our bathroom to take a well-earned shower.

I stepped into the hot shower and soaked in the water slowly, with my eyes closed, I felt the water trickle down every part of my body, embracing the warmth, discarding the training sweat off my body.

After shampooing my hair twice, and everything, I switched off the shower, and pulled on my snoopy t-shirt, and grey sweatpants.

Yes, I do own a snoopy shirt, are you jealous?

I dived onto my comforting bed, and reviewed my day mentally, as I stared at the cream coloured ceiling; I woke up, ate breakfast, trained, trained, ate lunch, trained, trained, came up with a dance, trained more, the girl arrived, talked, talked, talked to her, followed the girl, came home.

My day was pathetic, and I knew it. I found myself wondering what relationship Taemin and the girl had; I wondered why she preferred maknae’s, why I was thinking about her in the first place.

Aish, she’s a stranger. More or less, a very rude stranger, I thought to myself furiously. She’s a spoilt brat, with a lot of money, and too many older brothers. Not real older brothers, just grown men that feel like they should look after her until she can live by herself; which at this rate will be never.

That sounded weird, but whatever, this girl was still a stranger, being looked after by like ten men.

“Aish.” I scratched my head, eventually sitting upright. I looked around the room, and was glad I was still alone, although not for long.

“KkamJong!” Baekhyun and Chanyeol yelled, running from the living room.  We live in an apartment, so we had no stairs, plus we lived a floor underneath the quiet members of Super Junior, and possibly the girl, but Super Junior are separated in two, so maybe she’s with the noisy members.

My mind continued to babble preposterously, until my bedroom door was broken down by the Baekyeol couple, shocking me in the process.

“Yah, do you mind?” I raised my voice slightly, as to not annoy my possible neighbours, it being from below, or above.

“No we don’t.” they smirked. “Did you get to meet Sora?” it was Baekhyun this time.

“Maybe I did, maybe I did not. She’s a brat.” I blurted the last part.

“She couldn’t be!” Baekhyun gasped, clutching his heart.

“She’s really close with Taemin Hyung.” I added.

“No!” it was Chanyeol’s turn to gasp, the two held each other, fake sobbing, I felt myself chuckle slightly.

Baekyeol’s job was to brighten days, it certainly did.

There was a knock on the door, everyone suddenly silenced, causing me, Baekhyun and Chanyeol to poke our heads out from the bedroom and into the hallway.

It was the girl, wearing a man’s shirt and no trousers. Excuse me, but where did her clothes go?

“Annyeong, Lee Sora imnida, I’m your neighbour from upstairs, I was just wondering if I could borrow some flour? I just realised I ran out, and I promised not to leave the building.” She greeted, and asked with a bright smile.

“Uh, what kind of flour? Do you need?” Suho looked at her dumbfounded.

“Oh, I just need plain flour.”

“I have it right here!” D.O called to her, holding a bag of plain flour. “Heh, it’s unopened, but once you’re done you can just hand it back.” he blushed.

“I will, thank you so much.” She bowed her head, disappearing from view.

I turned to see Chanyeol and Baekhyun hugging each other.

“She’s so pretty...” said a dazed Baekhyun.

“Yah, Kai, how can you say she is a brat? Did you see how politely she asked Hyung?!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

Then the door knocked again, “Oh, annyeong Sora.” Suho said in a fake surprised tone. “How can I help you, once again?”

“I’m sorry we didn’t get to meet earlier, I’ve been living with my brother for more than a year, and I never got a chance to say hi to you twelve? What is this the next Sup-I mean well, if you want, I only live one floor up, we can always go out and maybe even become friends.” Her cheeks changed from a pale peach, to a dark rose, as she babbled her petty excuse. “This sounds weird, how old is your youngest member?”

Oh yes, she likes maknae’s I forgot.

“Eighteen!” Sehun chirped, “I’m the youngest!”

“Oh, really? So that means you’re the same age as me!” she smiled, baring dazzling white teeth. “Then maybe… we could go out sometime, since we’re the same age and it won’t be weird right?”

“Of course! I’ll come upstairs, whenever!”

“Great! I’ll see you then!” she started to turn away.

“W-wait, Sora-sshi, do you want to go out tomorrow?” Sehun blurted, “It’s fine if you don’t, but if you do-“

“Yeah sure, come up whenever, I’ve been dying to go out for ages.” The girl –Sora- waved goodbye, as she stepped into the elevator.

That guy… got the girl… within the ten minutes of meeting her formally.

Sehun shut the door, and celebrated his new found friend. “I told you she liked maknae’s!” he cheered, causing everyone to erupt in laughter; everyone except for the two love-stricken males slumped on the floor of my shared bedroom. I rolled my eyes at their actions, and kicked them upright, after I hunted for my phone, which lay on top of D.O’s pillow surprisingly.

“Dinner!” Lay and D.O said in unison, everyone rushed to the kitchen and grabbed a plate each, including I, all of us forgetting that there was a girl living above us.

As I ate, I wondered about what that girl was going to do with the flour. What would you make out of it?

“What can you make out of plain flour?” I asked, unable to take in what I had just said. “I mean, I was just wondering.”

“You can make cake.” D.O said, with his mouth full. “Oh, right.” He smirked at me, scanning every member in the kitchen to see if they had understood my question.

Why would someone make cake? Out of the blue?

Heh, I just made a sick joke out of that.

I cleared my throat and stood up at the table, silently washing my plate and cup that was once filled with tea.

I speed walked to my room, after brushing my teeth and collapsed on my bed, my mind focused on one person. I didn’t sleep, I just thought.

I just thought about my neighbour, Lee Sora.

There was a knock at the door.