Chapter 15: Distractions

I'm Surrounded by Idols!

 

Kai’s POV~


It was really quite frustrating to watch my leader pace the lounge for a good five to ten minutes, muttering underneath his breath “Wonder what’s wrong…” or “I hope it’s not serious.” The hour or so we got free was meant to be for relaxing, and pacing the room certainly was not that.

Everyone heard the door of the lounge open and looked up expectantly. Whoever it was did well to make Suho stressed. That guy barely ever fussed about a lot.

“Suho-yah…” a sweet familiar female voice called from the door tiredly. Everyone’s gazes slid up to the figure, and dropped back to Suho who smiled at her princely. And here I thought they were pretty uncomfortable with each other, Suho being perfect and everything.   Not that he is perfect, he has just as many flaws as the next person, but no one notices because he hides it so well.

“Sora!” he answered sweetly, enveloping her in a hug. I felt my heart squeeze in my chest, and my ears burn red as the two escaped and sat in a corner, whispering to each other. I didn’t say anything as I noticed the little touches the two sent back and forth to each other and the little smiles they shared. She looked happy, with Suho.

I glanced away and saw everyone else distracting themselves on their phones or iPods.

“Leave the lovebirds be.” D.O whispered softly, patting my arm and reaching for his phone in his sweatpants pocket. I glared at Suho. Lovebirds? I turned back to face D.O questioningly, he was too engrossed in his texts to notice me.

I sighed softly, raking my hands through my hair. I remembered the next future events, and stole a sideways glance back at Suho and Sora. They looked close. I wasn’t fond of that, the time we spent a day ago... Did that suddenly mean nothing?

“Yah, Lee Sora.” A head of blonde stormed into the room. Sora looked up from underneath her eyelashes and I watched her shoulders slump when she saw who it was – I don’t know who, but hey ho. Suho gave her a loving smile, and patted her back softly, his hand was still holding hers.

“I’ve been going back and forth, I’m tired.” Sora complained, her head falling into her hands.

“Well it’s not my fault your schedule is like that.”

“It is… you’re the one who arranges my schedule, since you are my manager after all.”

“Come with me.”

“I don’t want to.” Sora pouted, and clung onto Suho’s arm like a koala. “Suho is a lot nicer than you.”

“And because I am your manager, you will do as I tell you. You have to practise. You have to leave Suho for now.”  I watched intently, as she sighed dramatically, and finally released herself from Suho with his encouragement, and stropping after the guy who said he was her manager. Suho gave her a small wave, and smile to which she returned sadly. Her small figure had exited the room after only a few moments with her Suho and the room fell quiet again. And, the saddened gaze she casted towards Suho definitely did not go unnoticed either.

“I can explain-“

“Yes, you bloody can explain.” The rest of the group (especially Chanyeol) chorused, jumping from their seats and cornering Suho who looked exceptionally awkward for not telling anyone.

“We-we’re just friends. I swear. It’s only a friendship between the two of us.” He held his hands up in surrender, and fell back on a sofa. “We just talk a lot that’s all. She likes talking to me about stuff, that’s all.” He saved himself by curling into a ball. I stared at him with furrowed eyebrows, but Suho was one –if not is- of the most honest people on the face of the earth. Looking at him curl into a ball, even though he was our leader sent waves of guilt flooding through my system, and through everyone in EXO K’s. I could see it.

Chanyeol scratched the back of his head, his previous jealousy peeling off his skin like potato peels. It was difficult to tell if D.O cared, but Baekhyun and Sehun’s gaze shifted from one object to another and back before huffing.

Finally, I just shrugged. “That’s cool, it’s not like anyone was suspecting anything, right?” I sent a quick glare to everyone in the room, and the acquiesced murmurs of reply were made valid. I smirked proudly. “I guess it was just a surprise that’s all.”

D.O looked up and smiled at me, patting my arm. I shrugged his hand off modestly, and leaned back into my seat. “Oh, aren’t you so modest.” D.O laughed, he fell back into his bean bag with a contented sigh. “What?” he looked at me, when I stared at him dumbfounded.

I shook my head, and turned to stare at Suho instead. He wasn’t curled into that pathetic looking ball on the sofa anymore. Now, he was chatting like a normal person should with the people normal people normally speak to. Kris, so to speak, since no one else is that normal. Neither is Kris, on that matter, actually. I guess he is the most normal. I hope he is the most normal.

Glancing around the room, I eventually just decided to stare at my phone. I needed to improve on that racing game. I almost hit a million the other day… why did I stop?

Oh yeah, training.

Unlocking my phone, I was swiftly engrossed in the beautiful game. Those beautiful drifts and all that money I earned so quickly… I love this game. With the beautiful game in my mind, the rest of our resting time flew past and we were coerced into our separate practise rooms, again.

I watched sadly as my roommate disappeared into a practise room to work on his vocals, I, being the main dancer was shoved into the studio with Lay, to work on our teasers. I think Sehun was dancing with a chair or something. That doesn’t matter.  Lay and I had to get our routine sorted for our teaser together.

I don’t even know anymore.

I stared at myself in the mirror, robotically dancing, cooperating with Lay. I felt stiff, and I knew it was wrong. Shaking my head harshly, I let myself loose into the music. And it felt good. Screw the girl that liked Suho more than I.

Screw it.

A loud sigh escaped my lips and the dance was done.

“We need to do that again, I think.” Lay stiffly said, “I really want to correct something, that’s all.” He gave me a dimpled smile, and I nodded, exhaling slowly.

The music restarted, and sure, the dance-and music- was only a minute or so long, it was tiring to re-do countlessly. I made no complaint, though. I liked the dance and it was amusing to make facial expressions of my own choice. I had also gotten used to the dance, that by the time the music played, my body fell into action.

It felt good, unsurprisingly.

The signature cocky grin I wore when I danced graced my lips once more, and I couldn’t resist letting the cheeky chuckle that I paired it with be breathed. My hair that fell in front of my eyes flew and danced with me. It was really quite gracious. Reminding me of how my fluidity was ruined the other day by a certain person gaped and shook me from my little happy world.

It was over so quickly, and I was left to dance alone. So lonely, I was. Oh so lonely.

I waved Lay goodbye.  He probably disappeared to practise his vocals in… one of our songs. I was left alone -as I normally was and am used to- to dance and practise, until it was second nature.  Not that I minded.

Purposely, I turned the volume up higher and higher to drown myself in the music I was to dance to. I shut my eyes, and reopened them, glaring at myself in the mirrors. I was going to get it perfect, I just, wasn’t allowed to get distracted.

No, I was not going to get distracted. No way. There is too much pride and dignity I hold when it comes to dance.

I lifted myself up and grinned at my reflection in the mirror. Lights, lights, light sabres. This was an interesting dance I had created. I hoped people would like it. I spun, again, popped my chest, and bit my lip hard, perfecting what should be perfect.

With a last swivel, the song ended, and restarted.

I turned to switch it off. I was miles from being perfect.

I got distracted again.

I felt myself get hot, and threw a kick to the mirror opposite me. This cannot be the reality I was made to experience. No one had made me as flustered as this before. No one, had befriended me, and then showed more emotion towards someone else I considered a brother.

Except for the exception. The one and the only Lee Sora had to be the stupid distracting exception.

I fumed, punching the mirror, slamming my palms flat, I didn’t care if it hurt, and I needed a moment to release all my pent up anger I held towards her. Something in me was just so close to bringing me to tears. This was a new experience.

An experience I hated.

I was out of breath, too tired to hit anything anymore. I gave up and leaned against the mirror back first. Stupid girl. Stupid, stupid girl. I laughed to myself, and ran a hand through my unruly hair.

EXO came first. I couldn’t let some girl come in the way. She had already done enough damage to Taemin. Taemin was one of my best friends.

Shaking my head, I turned the music back on.  It was preferable to drown the unnecessary thoughts with the peaceful ones.

Once again, I restarted my practise, finally getting to grips with the dance.

“Jongin?” Suho’s voice called to me loudly- trying to get over the music I suppose.  I stopped my dance, and turned off the music, turning on my heel to face him. “C’mon, we should go home. They said we had an early start tomorrow at a studio.”

I nodded, grabbing my stuff, and hauling my bag over my shoulder.

I’m terrible when it comes to holding grudges.


I could kill myself at how this story is getting. I'm just rambling. This is more of a filler chapter, I needed this to move on from 'distractions'. Oh yeah, so Sora sounds like a , chilling with guys more than she does with girls. She isn't, by the way... She just likes Suho as a friend. Jeeeez. Or maybe I could do a comeplete plot twist. Huhahaha.

I could also shoot myself at how short this chapter is in comparison to the previous one. 

I'm sorry...

*bang bang*

*dead*

HudaCheesecake xxx