chapter 6

la cha ta

Sulli pov~~

So what community service should I do to get it off my shoulder? I have to do it or else I wouldn't graduate. I sipped my coffee and coughed. DIsgusting. I looked at the options:

-public library service

-rebuild abandoned building

-take out the garbage

-public toilet cleaning

-clean the streets

They all seem unappealing to me. But maybe I could stop at the library for a while. It's boring but it's better then other four. I took a cab to the library. Unfortunately, the library couldn't hire anymore. "We have all the help we need." That's what they said. I don't want to take out the garbage!

I spotted Taemin next to the desk to, facing me. "Looks like you're out of luck to," he said blankly. I ignored him and decided to read. I'll decide my job later. I couldn't read though because of those annoying pair of eyes at me. I sighed and looked at him. "Do you want to read this book?" I held it up for him. He snorted. "Aren't we suppose to work on the community service thing?"

"Well, what do you think we should do then?" I asked. "We? I don't konw about you. I'm planning for myself." He started to walk away. I pulled at his arm. "Hey!"

"Shhhh!" The librarian shushed him. "Let go of me." I shook my head. "We have to work together on this. Please?" I pouted. Taemin scowled. "I don't fall for that type of stuff. Look, to be honest, you're too spoiled to go to that school. Your outspoken attitude in the lunchroom caused you to get in trouble-"

"Only because that b*tch told me to leave! Can you blame me?" I tried my best to glare at him but I was never too good on the scary faces. "Besides, there were other people here that weren't what you'd call "disicipline"." I thought of Heechul and Luna. "And what about that lockpicking thing, huh? That wasn't a sophisticated thing to do." Lots of people shushed at me. I grabbed his arm and went outside.

"Why did you help me then?" I asked him. "Why did you help me get out of trouble?" Taemin shrugged. "I didn't want someone to be wrongly accused of something. Someone had to help." I looked down. "Thank you?" There was silence between us. I could sense he had to walk away. "Wait! Where are you gonna work? Don't tell me you're gonna clean the toilets," I said. He said nothing. "What if we work together on the abandoned building? I already know where one is."

"The building thing is too hard. I'm gonna clean up the garbage."

"There is no garbage. And we're not literally gonna build it. We just need to clean it a bit, give it a name, sell it. You know? Besides, I was still wrongly accused. If you actually felt bad for me, you would help me. I DO NOT WANT TO CLEAN TOILETS!" Taemin put his hand over my mouth. "Please, stop. Alright, I'll help you with this. But you'll owe me." I agreed. We exchanged numbers and left.