chapter 5

la cha ta

Sulli pov~~
I trembled as I sat in my chair. Am I gonna be expelled on the first day of school? I didn't dare look at Taemin. He's gonna get expelled too. By helping me. I stared down at the floor, waiting for the words to come.

"Sulli and Taemin, do you care to explain why this happened? Yuri has just told me that you were wandering around outside and that she was worried tha you get hurt," said the principal.

What? No.

"I'm sorry, Yuri was the one who told me to go outside. She had a gang of girls with her. I couldn't back down. I had to go," I explained. Did he believe me? No, of course not.

"I'm sorry, Sulli, I know Yuri. She is a humble student who helps others. She's part of the student council. Bullying is against her morals." So was Yuri acting the good girl this whole time in front the teachers? And those girls she was helping was probably those friends of hers. I looked at Taemin for assistance but he just stared at the floor.

"I expected better of you from your first day fo school. What were you doing outside with Taemin?" Wait....Is he really thinking that I was.....

"I am telling you the truth. Seriously," I said, frusterated. The principal picked up the phone and asked for Yuri. When she came and saw me, she hugged me!

"Thank goodness you're here! I thought the guards were gonna take you out our something!" Okay there are 3 things I'd like to comment on:

1. Yuri is a good actress.

2. What did the she mean by the guards taking me out?

3. Is Yuri like the principal's favorite student or something? Cause the principal is looking at her with great admiration.

"You may go out now." I flushed, not believing this is happening.

"Taemin, what would you like to comment on this?" He looked at Taemin. He looked up and spoke.

"Sorry, I promise I won't sneak out again. I just happend to see Sulli there, we weren't doing anything." What? Is he just gonna accept this accusaion? "Taemin, you've been promising you won't do a lot of things. And you have done them. SInce this is Sulli's first day, I'll go easy on the punishment on her. You both will have 3 days of detention. You both will also have to do community service. Here's the community service sheet." He hands us 2 papers. Then indicated for us to leave.

I wanted to ask him why he didn't protest against the principal. But he just headed the other way without a word or a glance at me.I went to the next period. It was art. Minzy and Victoria waved at me and beckoned for me to come to their table.

"We're sorry about what happened." I shook it off. The punishment wasn't that bad.

"I hear Taemin was with you. What did he do to you?" Oh god. "Honestly he didn't do anything, otherwise I wouldn've reported ual harrasment to the teacher."

Minzy shook her head. "I wasn't talking about that. I was asking whether he cut you or anything. Did he?" But me? I shook my head. I asked what happened after I left the lunchroom.

Victoria explained, "Well, Hyoyeon got pissed off at Yuri acting like such a queen around this place. She then challenged Yuri about the dance competition. Whoever loses to the competition, has to give up dancing forever." I gasped. I wasn't that big a fan of dancing, but these two were most likely dedicated to it. Giving something up like that must be impossible.

I saw Victoria glare at someone behind me. I looked in her direction and saw the same girl who forced me outside. She was holding up a paintbrush dipped with red paint. Was she about to throw it at me?

I turned back. "Who is that girl?" I pointed at her. "That's Luna," said Minzy. "She's not exactly part of Yuri's group. I really have no idea why but she's throwing ugly glances at you. Did you do something?" I shook my head.

~school ended~

I had to go to the detention room now. The teacher assited me, sympathetically.

The room was dim, and quiet. There were only a few people in the room. I couldn't see Taemin anywhere. What were we supposed to do in this gloomy room? I sat down at my seat and waited for a while for it to end. I have never gottn detention before. I didn't it would be this dreary.

The door opened and I turned around to see it was Taemin. He didn't look at me. He didn't look at the teacher. He slumped on the chair and started carving the desk with his nail. I could see it was almost bare.

I groaned silently. Imagine 2 more days of this.