chapter 2

la cha ta

Sulli pov~~

The food was okay-ish. French toast. I don't like it. But the mashed potatoes make up for it. I LOVE MASHED POTATOES!

Everyone stared at me. Was I speaking my thoughts out loud? "So do I, but keep it down, kay?" said Victoria, fighting back a smile as I flushed. I kept on eating, waiting for the stares to subside. "Hi Hyoyeon!" greeted Victoria as a girl with dark hair sat down with them.

"Hi Vicky, homework is such a pain. Is this the new girl?" asked the girl named Hyoyeon, eyeing me. I waved at her, a little too enthusiastically. She waved back and sat down.

"Guess what? I signed up for the dance competition thing. It's so competitive. And Yuri is coming obviously," explained Hyoyeon, while pouring maple syrup on her french toast. "I'm sure you'll win. You're much better then her," said Victoria, looking down at her plate though.

"I wish. I really thought I put enough energy in that last concert," sighed Hyoyeon. "That was just one performance," said Victoria.
 "And you won many others."

"What are you talking about?" asked Sulli, curiously.

"I- I lost to the winter concert just two weeks ago," sniffed Hyoyeon. "As always, me and Yuri were given special stages. Normally, whenever I lost to her, it would have been a small difference. But I tripped and stumbled a lot on the stage. My popping was fine. I spotted a few mistakes with Yuri's but she was given 93 points. I was given 76. I was so nervous and then I was let down."

Victoria whispered in my ear. "To her, it really damages her pride. A 76!" She turned back to Hyoyeon. "You'll do fine this time. You just needed some rest. And some food. When's the competition?"

"In about two months." I was curious enough to ask her another question. "How many challenges have you been together?"

"Well, there was the concert. Then the 30th dance competition of the year. I won at that. Then we performed for someone's birthday. I won again. Then Yuri won at the first audition for the main dancer for a musical. We then competed in an outside tornament. Yuri was about to win when Eunhyuk burst in with his dancing moves. I can't believe he won! Anyways, we have our fair share, all the way down to show and tell, when I showed a picture of me dancing. That got on Yuri's nerves and she stated that it was photoshopped. Geesh, it was just a picture of me doing the splits. Although it's not so easy doing that when at the age of 6."

"Please, I can splits much better then yours." I heard a sharp voice. It came from a girl with long dark curls. I assume this person was Yuri.