Tragedy

June 28

 

The next day, after you ate your breakfast, you got ready to go to work.
 
"Mom, Zelo. I'll go first." you said.
"Alright, your workplace is very far from here so take care, ok?" your mom said.
"Mom, you always say that to me before I go to work. It's almost five years since I started working there and I've been taking care of myself so don't worry." you smiled.
"Noona is engaged now, so she's acting like she can live independently." Zelo said.
"So what?" you said.
"Nothing. I'm just excited on your wedding! I'll be the best man, huh?" Zelo excitedly said.
"Yeah, I'm excited too. I can't wait for it. I really love Jongup to be my son-in-law. He's a nice man." your mother said.
"Soon, noona will have children! I'll have playmates!!" Zelo said.
"Ok that's enough. Ah jinjja, the two of you... I'll go now, bye!" you said and left.
 
"Sigh, your noona will not live with us anymore." your mother said.
"Yeah... What if it's time for me to get married?" Zelo said, daydreaming.
"Let's talk about it in the future! You're still young! Promise me that you'll never leave eomma, huh?" your mother said.
"Ne, of course." Zelo hugged your mother.
 
 
When you got out of the house, you saw Jongup outside with his car, waiting for you.
 
"Jongup, why are you here? Don't you have to go to work?" you asked.
"It's my day-off today, so I'll take you to your office. Don't you want to?" he said.
"Oh~ of course I would like to!" you said.
"Let's go! Ride in." he said.
 
===
 
"We're here. I guess I'll see you again later." you said.
"Yeah sure. I'll fetch you here." Jongup said.
"No need to. I have alot of works today. I'll just go to your house later, huh?" you said.
"Alright. See you later then. Take care." Jongup said and kissed you before you left.
 
===
 
"Good morning! Sorry if I left your party early. Did Jongup come?" Jieun asked.
"Long story." you said.
"Why? What happened? Tell me!" she excitedly asked. You showed her your hand which made her notice the ring you're wearing.
"Omo!!! He proposed?!?!" she said.
"Well, yeah..." you nodded, blushing. Then you told her the whole story.
"Jinjja? They did that? That's so sweet!" she exclaimed.
"Sweet? He worried me to death." you said.
"Even though! I'll be the Maid of Honor, huh?" she smiled.
"Yeah, of course." you said.
 
===6PM===
 
Before you go to Jongup's house, you went to a chocolate shop to buy some chocolates for Jongup.
 
"I'll have this." you pointed at a heart-shaped container with different kinds of chocolates.
 
---Jieun POV---
 
*It smells like something's burning* I thought. When someone suddenly shouted.
"Fire! Fire! There's a fire!!!" one of our workmates yelled.
The five remaining workers, including me, panicked. I don't know what to do! We rushed to get out of the place, but it's too late.
 
---End of POV---
 
The building got burned; 3 workers were left in the building and died in the fire, including Jieun.
 
---Your POV---
 
"Gamsahamnida!" you thanked the saleslady and left the chocolate shop.
*Oh, I need to call mom. She must be worried now, I need to let her know that I'll go to Jongup's place.* you thought. 
You tried to look for your phone but you can't. You remembered that you left it in your drawer.
*Sigh. I guess I need to go back.* you thought. 
 
*I'm sure that mom and Zelo are worried now.* you rushed on your way back to your workplace. You didn't notice the stoplight and continued running. Unexpectedly, you got hit by a car and the chocolates you bought for Jongup got out of your grip.
 
"Omo! Why are you not watching the road?!" the ajumma in the car said.
"It's not my fault! She suddenly ran!" the ajussi said.
"Stop it! Let's just help her and bring her to the hospital!" the ajumma said. They rode you in the car.
"Hey! What are you doing with her things?!" the ajussi said.
"I'm trying to find her cellphone or anything that contains her name, address etc. Just drive faster, but carefully! She's losing alot of blood." the ajumma said.
"Good thing that we have enough money to pay for her hospital bills." the ajussi said.
"Sigh. I can't find any information about her. How can her parents know? We don't even know her name." the ajumma said. "What a beautiful girl. She reminded me of our daughter, they almost look alike." she continued.
"Here you go again. It's been a year since she died." the ajussi said.
"I will never get over it, even alot of years passed." the ajumma said.
 
You were bought to the emergency room when you arrived at the hospital.