If Something Can Go Wrong, It Will Go Wrong

June 28

 

The papers soon arrived. Mrs Kim read it along with Mr Kim.
 
"Her real name is Choi Jaekyung. She's 24 years old, born on 28th of June. She lives in Myeongdong with her mom and younger brother named Choi Junhong. She's engaged to Moon Jongup. There was a fire in their office, and her family thought she died." Mrs Kim said.
"Moon Jongup? Isn't that...." Mr Kim said.
"Himchan's childhood bestfriend!!!" Mrs Kim finished Mr Kim's sentence.
"I have a bad feeling about this.." Mr Kim said. Mrs Kim called Mr Shin.
"Yeoboseyo?" the other line answered.
"Mr Shin! Please go to our address in Korea and check on Himchan and the others. If something wrong happened, especially to Hyemin, please take charge of telling them everything. We'll be leaving and go there. I'll explain everything to them once we got there." Mrs Kim said.
"Understood, Mrs Kim. But what if nothing wrong happened?" Mr Shin asked.
"We'll still be arriving there." Mrs Kim said.
"Okay." Mr Shin said and Mrs Kim hanged up.
===
 
Morning came and you were taken a back to see Daehyun sleeping beside you.
 
*Omo, I guess Himchan-oppa finally allowed him* you thought. He slowly opened his eyes.
"Good morning!" you kissed the tip of his nose.
"Good morning. How I wish I would see your face everytime I wake up." he smiled. You chuckled at him.
"Oppa, where are we? How did I get in here? All I can remember is I fell asleep on the way." you asked him.
"We're here in an apartment owned by your family. This was where you lived before here in Korea, and this was your room before. I carried you here because you were soundly asleep and Himchan didn't want to wake you up." he explained.
"Oh~" was all you said, your eyes were wandering around the room.
"Hyemin-ah, you should eat more. You're so light like a feather." he pecked on your lips. You smiled and gave him a kiss, he kissed back.
"Hey guys, breakfast is rea- oh! sorry!" Youngjae suddenly entered, the two of you sat up.
"Have you heard of knocking!?!"  Daehyun frustatedly said.
"I am REALLY sorry....anyway, breakfast is ready. Go to the dining room after you wash up." Youngjae said and closed the door.
"I thought he's the brain among of us, but he doesn't even know how to knock. Aish~" Daehyun ruffled his hair. You chuckled at him.
"Oppa, are we going somewhere today?" you asked him.
"Let's bike around Han river, then watch the sunset." he said.
"Ooh~ I like your idea! Let's eat breakfast and tell Himchan and Youngjae oppa." the two of you went out of the room.
 
 
After eating, the 4 of you headed outside. You went to the arcade cause Himchan and Youngjae suggested to go there first. Daehyun won you a huge teddy bear in a game. After going to the arcade, you went to a basketball court near Han river and watched the 3 boys play.
Afternoon came and the 4 of you found a great spot to watch the sunset in han river.
"Woah~ the sun looks so beautiful!" Youngjae said.
"It's my first time to watch the sunset here in Han river." Himchan said.
"Do you like it here?" Daehyun whispered into your ear. You nodded.
"Ne, I like here so much. It's beautiful!" You smiled and rested your head on his shoulder.
"Himchan-oppa...." you called.
"Hm?"
"Do you know what the doctor said about my memory?" you asked. Daehyun, Himchan and Youngjae looked at each other.
"Uhm..well...mom didn't tell me anything about it..." Himchan said.
"I always pray for my memory to come back..I would like to remember the good times like this I had before.." you said. There was a moment of silence..
"So~ where are we going tomorrow?" Youngjae broke the awkward atmosphere.
"Namsan~" Himchan trying to light up the mood.
"Yeah, let's ride the cable car!" you excitedly said.
Daehyun kept quiet. He doesn't like talking about you remembering your past, he's scared you'll leave him too. The 4 of you walked home, you and Daehyun hand-in-hand. After eating dinner, you washed up and went to your respective rooms.
Daehyun was already lying on the bed, eyes closed.
"Oppa?" checking if he's already asleep.
"Hm?" he replied, eyes still closed.
"Is there something wrong? You seem so bothered." You lay beside him.
"Ah, nothing. Just tired. Don't worry, I'm fine." he hugged your waist.
"Are you sure? Good night then." you kissed him and went to sleep.
 
It's already midnight, you were sound asleep but Daehyun was still awake. He can't sleep. He stared at your face.
"I don't want to be selfish. but I don't want to lose you either. I already lost the real Hyemin, I don't think I can lose you too. But once you remember everything, you'll pick your fiance over me...for sure..I'm very scared that you'll leave me too." Daehyun said and started to cry.
You were awaken by a sound of someone crying. "Oppa?" you asked.
"Oh, did I wake you up? I'm sorry, you can go back to sleep." he said, looking away.
"Are  you crying?" you held his face and made him look at you.
"A-ani..I just hurt my eye. Go back to sleep." he lowered his head.
"Oppa, you can't fool me. Tell me what's wrong." you wiped the tears off his face.
"I....I..just remembered the time you got into an accident ...I was so scared..I thought you'd leave me..talking about the accident would always make me remember that..I can't help but to cry.." He lied, but of course you fell for it.
"I will never leave you,huh? You don't need to be scared." you said.
"How can you say that? We don't know what could happen in the future...No one can tell.." he said. You kissed him.
"I love you. No matter what happens, always remember that I love you, okay?" you cupped his face. Daehyun nodded, still crying.
"I love you too. Please stay with me forever." he said looking in your eyes.
"You sound like you're asking me to marry you, hahaha.." you joked.
"Ahaha, do I?  Do you already want me to propose?" He finally smiled; he faced down so his face is now above yours.
"Oppa, you know that I can always wait for you." you smiled.
"Jung Hyemin...hm...it fits your name perfectly..." he said. His face was nearing yours, soon enough your lips met, kissing passionately. After the kiss, the 2 of you went to sleep.
 
The next day, you went to Namsan; you brought a camera with you so you could take a lot of pictures. The tower looks so fascinating; the 4 of you rode the cable car and had a lot of fun. You and Daehyun put a lock in the 'Lock of Love' to show that your love for each other is FOREVER. After some time of walking, you decided to buy ice cream.
 
"I'll have cotton candy flavor." Himchan said.
"I want green tea.." Youngjae said.
"What about you, Mrs Jung?" Daehyun asked you.
"Cookies and cream~" you cooed.
"What did you call her?" Himchan glared at Daehyun.
"Mrs Jung. Why? Do you have a problem with it?" Daehyun replied.
"Hyemin-ah, what will you do if your oppa doesn't want you to marry Daehyun?" Youngjae asked.
"I guess I have to disobey oppa for the first time, ahaha." you joked.
"What?! Is that what you learn from him?? Aish~ you two!" Himchan said.
"Haha, I was just kidding. Of course I will never disobey oppa. I know that you approve of him anyway." you smiled.
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever, I'll wait for you guys outside." Himchan went out of the shop after getting his ice cream.
"Hyung, wait! I'll come with you." Youngjae got his ice cream and followed Himchan.
 
=OUTSIDE=
 
"Hyung, don't you have any plans on telling Hyemin the truth?" Youngjae asked, his ice cream.
"None, unless she remembers everything herself." Himchan said.
"Do you want her to remember?" Youngjae asked.
"No. I may be selfish, but like to Daehyun, she filled the loneliness in my heart. I am very happy to have her as my sister. I love her as much as I love my real sister. It would hurt alot if she leave us too." Himchan said.
"Oh, I'm sorry." a guy said who suddenly bumped onto Himchan.
"It's ok." Himchan said.
"J-JONGUP?!?!?!" Youngjae screamed, recognizing the guy who bumped onto Himchan. The guy looked up, so as the other guy with him.
"YONGGUK-hyung?!" Himchan said.
"Himchan?! Youngjae?!" the 2 guys said in unison.
"What are you guys doing here? It's been a long time, we missed you!!" Himchan said. They group hugged.
"We're just walking around, what about you? How have you guys been?" Youngguk asked.
"We're just in a vacation here, we now live in America." Youngjae said.
"Ooh~ That's very far from here. Where's Daehyun?" Jongup asked.
"He's inside the shop with my sister, his girlfriend." Himchan said.
"Really? Is she pretty? I want to see her!" Yongguk excitedly said.
 
=INSIDE THE SHOP=
 
"Is that...Jongup and Yongguk-hyung?!" Daehyun said seeing the 2 guys with Himchan and Youngjae through the shop's glass wall.
"Oh, your childhood friends.." you said.
"Yeah, let's go out! I miss them!" Daehyun said and you followed him.
===
 
Right in time, you and Daehyun went out of the shop; you were behind Daehyun.
 
"Yongguk-hyung!!! Jongup-ah!!!" Daehyun ran to them and gave both a hug.
"You've gotten more handsome! Himchan and Youngjae too." Jongup said.
"Thanks, the the two of you too." Daehyun said.
"You've gotten more mascular too.. You two have been working out, don't you?" Youngjae said.
"Yeah~ dancing helps too." Jongup said and boasted about his CHEETOS.
"Oh, by the way! This is my girlfriend, she's Himchan's sister." Daehyun noticed you behind him and introduced you to them.
"Annyeonghaseyo, Jeoneun Kim Hyemin imnida. Bangapsumnida." you shyly said.
"Jaekyung?!?!" Yongguk and Jongup said in unison. Jongup hugged you right at the moment he saw you. Daehyun, Himchan, Yongjae and you were shocked.
"Is this real? Am I seeing the right person? Are you really MY JAEKYUNG? I had the feeling that it wasn't your body got burn, and I was right. I miss you so much." Jongup hugged you tight. You didn't move.
"Uh...excuse me?" you said, lightly pushing Jongup from you.
"Where have you been? Can't you recognize me?" Jongup lightly shook you.
"Dude, what are you talking about?" Daehyun asked.
"The time I saw her, I really thought she's Jaekyung. But Jongup-ah, maybe they just look alike, Jaekyung's dead." Yongguk said.
"No, she's not! I'm very sure she's Jaekyung!!" Jongup insisted.
"Her name is Hyemin. What's happening to you?" Youngjae said.
"This! Yongguk-hyung! Can you remember this ring?  This was the one I gave to her, right? I'm still wearing mine too!" Jongup showed Youngguk your and his finger.
"Yeah, that's very similar to the one you gave to Jaekyung." Yongguk said.
"I told you! She's Jaekyung! But I don't understand why can't you recognize us..your name is different too..and how come you were with them.." Jongup said.
*This can't be happening.*  Daehyun became nervous..
"Andwae." Himchan realizing what is ACTUALLY happening right now. All of you looked at him.
"Let's not talk here. Let's go to our apartment." Himchan said and all of you confusedly followed him.