4~

Darkened Past

"Sunny, we lost them," Sungmin said to me quietly. We have been chasing the trail of the car for at least 30 minutes. But the last ten minutes, the car did a sharp turn and when we caught up to that turn, the car was nowhere in sight. I sighed and nodded my head at Sungmin when we parked at a park. A park? Not the place I had in mind to collect our thoughts but oh well.

We got out and made our way to the benches. I sat down at one edge of the bench, thinking about the boy that looked very much like Donghae when I felt someone sit next to me and take my hand. I look up and see that Sungmin was looking at the scar I had, running from my knuckles to my thumb. I grabbed my hand away from his grasp and hid my hand below my other hand. I looked away from his confused gaze.

"Why do you have a scar on your hand?" His voice was soft. My eyes start to get teary as I remember where I got the scar from. Because of him, I have this scar and many others. Because of him, I have reminders of what he did.

"Why do you care?!" I spat at him. I stood up and made my way to the car with tears falling down my cheeks. Memories came rushing back into my mind making me stop and fall to my knees. That...that...that bastard!! How could he do that to a 9 year old?! The memories will haunt me forever! I start crying more and more until I feel Sungmin patting my back. I look up at him and see his sympathetic gaze. I wipe away the tears and stand up.

"Take me back to the agency." I say coldly and continue my way back to the car.

The whole car ride, Sungmin didn't even try to start a conversation with me. When we arrived at the agency I get out with out and turn to where Sungmin was standing. I bow to him.

"Thanks for the ride. We'll continue our mission tomorrow." I said in a mumble and left towards the main entrance. Once inside I see Mommy BoA talking with another agent. She sees me and said her goodbyes to the agent.

"Hey, Sunny!" she said as she hugs me. "How was your mis- Where you crying?" She said with worry. I shake my head and another tear escapes.

"I-I remembered. T-that night. When you found me." I said with my lips quivering. Finally, all of the waterworks escape and I hug Mommy BoA so tightly, she gasped when I did.

"Shh. Shh, baby. It’s going to be alright" she whispered in my ear while rubbing her hand on my back. She was used to when I had my mental breakdowns like this. And so was I, but they happen on rare occasions. And something had to trigger it.

"Come on. Let’s go home. We don't want the other agents to see you like, right?" she said while looking around. There was no one but us. I nodded my head and she led me outside to her car. I would have to get my car back later from here. When we were pulling out of the drive way, I saw a blonde head staring at us.

~~~~~~

"Feeling better now?" Mommy BoA asked me after being left alone a few hours in my room. She would check on me every once in awhile to see if I was done. I nodded my head and sat up on my bed.

"Yeah. It's over now" I said, giving her a small smile. She smiles back and ruffles my hair. "Yah. Don’t ruin my hair!" I say back as I try to fix my hair.

"I'm your mother. I can do whatever I want." she said and stuck her tongue out at me. She may be an elite agent, but she can act just like a teenager when she wants to. I just laugh at her childness and she joins me in laughter.

"Come on. Dinners ready." she said while standing up. But not before getting one of my pillows, throwing it at me, and dash towards the kitchen.

"And how am I the child?" I say to myself before heading down stairs. And man, does it smell good.While we were eating and we heard someone knock on the front door.

"Who could that be? Are you expecting someone?" Mommy BoA asked me while making her way to the door. I turned back to see her walking to the door. I take sips from my water from my water bottle and joined her, water bottle in hand.

She opens the door before I get there. "Um, not to be rude but, why are you here?" she said to someone. I was talking a gulp of water when I finally reached the door and saw who it was.

I spit my water to the side which earned me a look from Mommy BoA. I would have to clean that up later. Confused, I stuttered to say the latter's name. "S-sungmin?!"