11~

Darkened Past

I groaned and sat up from waking up from my nap. I winced as I tried to move my shoulder. I looked around and saw that Tiffany was coming in with Jessica behind her. They smiled at me and sat down on the chairs next to my bed.

"How are you feeling?" Jessica asked. 

"Tired, I guess," I said with a small smile. I turned from Jessica to Tiffany. A tear was running down Tiffany's cheek. I frowned, "Why are you crying?" I reached to wipe her tear away with my thumb.

"B-because. You got shot for me. For Donghae. I don't think I can ever repay you for that," She said to me, still crying. Then she turned to look at Jessica, "And I'm thankful towards you, Sica. For being there with me. For trying to calm me down. For scolding me for killing that bastard," she killed him?

"Words can't explain how thankful I am to both of you. I'm so happy that I have friends like the two of you" She started bawling her eyes out. I looked at Jessica, hoping she was thinking what I was thinking. She nodded and we both reached over to hug Tiffany. I ignored the pain that shot through my shoulder and continued to hug Tiffany.

"Shh, there there Fany. It's okay. That's what friends do for each other. They stick together no matter what," I smiled as I remember that Tiffany said the exact same thing to Jessica yesterday. Tiffany just cried more. 

After a few minutes of hearing Tiffany cry, she and Jessica left so that I could get some rest. I was just sitting down, looking at the wall because I was bored out of my wits. I was about to go back to sleep when I saw a blonde head pop in through the opened door.

"Uh, hi," I asked, confused. He smiled and walked in to stand next to my bed.

"Hello! I just wanted to see how you were doing. So, how are you doing?" He said, still smiling. I raised an eyebrow at him

"Uhm, I'm fine. Thanks for stopping by," I said. He nodded and sat down on next to me on my bed. I stared at him and moved a little bit away from him. He looked at me and I looked back at him. He tilted his head to the side and moved closer to me. I moved so back that I touched the wall. He kept moving closer and closer. When his face was inches away from mine, he smiled and reached his hand up to my cheek. I flinched back but he didn't stop from reaching towards my cheek. His hand touched me for only a second then he pulled away. I stayed there, shocked, heart racing.

"You had a string stuck to your cheek," he said, playing with a white string in his hands. I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm.

"Yah! What did I do wrong this time?" He pouted and rubbed his arm. I smiled a bit.

"Obviously nothing," I spat him. I looked down at the sheets then back up at him, "Sungmin?"

"Mmmh?" He said, still playing with the string. I hesitated before speaking

"What did you mean?" 

"About what?" He stopped playing with the string and looked at me.

"At the school. When we you hugged me when the rat moved..." His eyes lost the happy glint that they always had. Memories flashed in his eyes, while he looked at the wall behind me.

"What about it?" he growled. I flinched again, not used to his voice being so cold. I didn't even want to continue talking. I looked down, playing with my fingers. 

"W-what did you mean about your fear of rodents getting worse?” I said, barely loud enough for him to hear. I looked up to see his eyes closed and he was shaking. I reached to touch his arm, "S-sungmin?"

"Don't touch me." He said between his teeth. I shot my hand back. He opened his eyes and I could see that he was crying. He looked back at me. "I'm sorry, Sunny."

"Sorry for what?" I asked, gently

"I'm sorry for being your partner. I'm sorry that I pinched your cheeks that day. I'm sorry that I dragged you to that café. I'm sorry for liking the color pink. I'm sorry for asking you about the scar on your hand. I'm sorry for going over to your home. I'm sorry for following you in my car, asking you if you wanted a ride. I'm sorry for dragging you away from that guy. I'm sorry for helping you with our case. I'm sorry for acting happy all the time. I'm sorry for hugging you and holding your hand when we were at that school. I'm sorry for being a bother to you. I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry I was even born," I was crying when he finished speaking; he was crying as well. 

"I don't understand Sungmin," I whispered. He looked at me with anger.

"Can't you see I'm apologizing to you?? Can't you see how much bother I have caused you??" He screamed at me, "Do you want to know why I'm always shrugging it off when you ignore me?!" I looked at him in fear. Memories came back from that night nine years ago. It all started with him screaming at me, "Because for once in my life, I feel like I actually have a friend. A friend that actually cares about me! I never had a real friend when I was in school. Do you know what kind of hell I went through every single ing day when I was in high school? Do you know what it feels like to have no living soul on your side, defending you when someone else insulted you? Do you know how it feels like to live with someone who doesn't even have your own blood? Do you know what it feels like to be trapped in a room by yourself with nothing but the thing you fear the most? Do you?!?" He took a deep breath to calm himself down.

I was about to say something back to him but stopped myself, "I didn't know you went through all of that. I'm sorry," He huffed and looked back at me. 

"And do you know how sick I am of people giving me pity?" His hands were shaking. 

"Well, I really don't know what to ing say right now! That's all I could think of!" I yelled back at him. My shoulder was starting to hurt again but I don't care. He stood up and went to the door. I crossed my arms and looked at the table next me, crying. 

"Sunny?" 

"What?" I spat and looked back him; he stood with his hand on the door, ready to open it.

"'Those who wear the brightest smile hide the deepest pain'. Have you heard that before?" I blinked and nodded

"Yeah, why?" He smiled. But his smile wasn't sincere, it was fake.

"It's true," He opened the door and left me looking at the closed door.

 

Authors note: Ehrmagawd. Did you guys expect the loving and smiling Sungmin to be that way?? Yea..me either. My co-author is the bomb. Anyways...I literally cried when I was editing this chapter...I could relate to it..It was like Sungmin was speaking out the words I've always wanted to say. So...How was the chapter? Keke~ I promise that there will be a chapter on Sunny's and Sungmin's past. I'm warning you though...The past is a hurtful thing to look back on..Prepare yourselves...Bring tissues with you. LOL XD. Comment and Subscribe!! It makes our day when we see someone commented..especially a LONG comment xD. It also makes our day when we see that our subscribers grew by 1. Do you want to make us happy? Come and comment and subscibe! I SHALL GIVE YOU  A PANDA HUG! and my co-author would give you a PENGUIN HUG!!!! keke~