Let's Not . . .

Encore Separation

BOOK 1 : Chapter 11

 

Leeteuk arrived at their dorm and informed his 'brothers' that Kangin is on his way home sooner or later. Actually it's later. . .

Ring,ring,ring

His hands searched for his phone in his pocket, he slightly frowned when he looked at the screen. 'I just called her, what is it now?' He smiles at the thought of her calling him again.

"Hello, Taeyeon?" He lazily throws his coat on the sofa and drops his body over the sofa.

"Hello sir?" He suddenly shot back up on his feet when he heard that the person in the other line wasn't her, it was a man and he was too sure that it's not Kangin.

"What?" He looked at his phone again thinking that he miss read the caller ID but no, he pressed the phone back at his ear again. "Who is this?"

"Sir, This is Doctor Kim Jungmo of Jaseng hospital. Are you in any circumstance related to Kim Taeyeon or Kim Youngwoon?"

"Both of them are my friends. Why is something wrong?" Panic starts to weaken his knees knowing that a doctor is calling.

"Sir, I suggest you head to our hospital as soon as possible. We already contacted their parents but the girl's parents are at Jeonju and the boy's parent's had a business trip in the US. Both sides told us that they will arrive first thing tomorrow morning but we need someone to take watch over them because. . ."

The nurse paused for a moment, maybe thinking clearly if he will spit out the bad news at that moment or not.

"Your friends are involved in a accident. Both are severely injured and unconscious. We managed to give them first aid treatment but we need someone to watch over and wait for them to wake up."

Leeteuk lost his grip on his phone and went straight to grab his car keys and coat. "Sungmin-ah, call the girls tell them to go to Jaseng hospital. Taeyeon and Kangin had a car accident."

Sungmin was shocked and was unable to say a word. He let Leeteuk leave and his hands shakes as he dials Sunny's number to tell her the bad news.

"Shindong-hyung. . ." Kyuhyun peeked out from the kitchen. "Please drive me to that hospital. I think the girls will not be able to handle it."

After hearing what Kyuhyun said, Sungmin shuts his phone before Sunny could answer in the other line and grabbed his own car keys. Out of all them them he is the last one to have his driver's license along with all his hyungs with the exemption of Hankyung. "Kyu, We'll go there. Shindong needs to stay here. Remember that Donghae and Kibum are still in deep unspoken arguement. We'll go and get the girls from their dorm. Come on!"

"What's going on?" Hankyung appeared in the scene along with Heechul.

Shindong brought up what was their commotion all about and the reaction was all the same. "Hankyung-ah, we need to go too. These two are panicking and not thinking clearly." Heechul started gathering the things he need. He might appear calm and collected but of course deep inside he is badly worried. "They think that eight girls will fit inside Sungmin's car. Come on let's hurry."

Kyuhyun and Sungmin grabbed their necessities and hurriedly went out the door. "Hyung!" Kyuhyun called one last time as the peeks his head to look at Shindong's worrisome posture. "Be sure to inform Yesung & Ryeowook what happened and tell them that Sungmin and I are not eating dinner tonight."

~_~_~

He wasn't the best driver and he is never went past 30 miles per hour but he broke all his record this time. He was driving in fast but safe speed while trying his best to calm himself.

Leeteuk arrived at Jaseng hospital and he has been informed that Kangin's condition is stable but Taeyeon is still being treated in the emergency room.

He tried to peek inside Taeyeon's room but a guy in white uniform quickly blocked his direction. "I just want to know how she's doing!" he protested rather louder than he expected.

"Sir, Doctor Kim Youngdeok is doing his best. Please be seated." Leeteuk finally managed to relax and bowed apologetically.

"I'm very sorry." He refuses to sit and just stood nervously outside the room.

"Doctor Kim Jungmo! We need your help her heart rate is still going down." Leeteuk saw the doctor's face become pale.

"Wasn't she in stable condition when I left?!" Doctor Kim exclaimed and rushed inside the room leaving Leeteuk shaking in his stance. 

~_~_~

All the girls rushed out of their dorm after grabbing their protective layer against the cold. Sunny, Tiffany, Yoona, Seohyun along with Kyuhyun went inside Sungmin's car and drove off as Heechul's car containing the other remaining girls trailed behind.

In the dorm Yesung and Ryeowook arrived and was greeted by Shindong. "Hyung, we have a problem." Yesung and Ryeowook listening attentively as Shindong tells them the whole story in and out. After he finished explaining all the details, he saw Ryeowook and Yesung's gaze was locked behind him.

Shindong was shocked, he thought that Donghae was still with Eunhyuk in his room and Siwon was trying to calm Kibum down inside his room but no. Now all seven of them are trying to digest the news and exchanged looks.

"So are we just gonna stay here?" Yesung blurted out. The boys came to their sense and each went their way out of their dorm.

~_~_~

Leeteuk was sitting outside the emergency room the whole time. His elbows were resting over his knees as he clutches his head. He shuts his eyes to prevent his tears to slip out of his eyes. He never stopped sniffing and swallowing the lump inside his throat.

"Hyung!" He promptly fixed his appearance and posture the moment he saw Heechul with the others. He stood up from his seat and calmly greeted their worried faces. "How's is Kangin? Taeyeon is gonna be fine right?"

Leeteuk breathes in and out trying to calm himself. "They told me that Kangin is doing fine and he is taking a rest."

They were relieved for moment there. They waited for his next statement but when the girls noticed that Leeteuk uneasy they became tense again.

"Oppa, how about Taeyeon?" Tiffany nearly sounding a bit frantic with her question.

"Taeyeon is . . ." Leeteuk bit his lips hindering his whimpers to be heard by them but his face is undeniably turning red. "She not doing well." Leeteuk unable to control his emotions. He st back in his seat and smacked his forehead as he tries to not to shed tears. It was too impossible. Heechul sat next to him and accompanied him at the moment.

Sunny gripped Sungmin's arms, she silently sobbed at his shoulders, all Sungmin could do is softly pat her back. Jessica's tears were unstoppable, whether it was because she was angry or sad, her tears keeps rolling down her eyes. Tiffany went to her and hugged her from the back.

"Sica, Taengoo's gonna be fine right?" Tiffany's voiced cracked and her eyes are watery too.

"She should be. . ." Jessica's lips began to tremble "She has to be."

Kyuhyun and Hankyung went over to the other remaning girls to comfort them. Sooyoung, Yoona, Yuri, Seohyun and Hyoyeon are all circled up and trying their best not cry. Hankyung pulled Sooyoung into a hug while Kyuhyun stood quietly near them.

"Well this is a sad scene."

To make things worse, the last thing they were expecting, the one person they wouldn't want to see right now was present upon their eyes.

As they looked at the person in front of them, mixed emotions and reaction occurred. Heechul clenched his fist, Jessica gritted her teeth, Hyoyeon rolled her eyes, Sunny lowered her head and many more.

"Sunny your friends seems to influence you. Mind if I ask you to let go?" Sunny slides her hands away and slowly moved away from Sungmin.

"Uncle what are doing here?" Sunny muttered over her sniffs and quivering lips

"First I want to know why are you wild bunch of students dong here?" Lee Sooman eyed each everyone of them.

"Can you stop that?" Hankyung mumbled but Lee Sooman glared at him. "We're not at school!" He accidentally shouted his anger out.

"May I remind you that I'm still your principal. Fix your manners and don't be an embarrassment to your race." Lee Sooman coldly stated. Hankyung was about attack him but Sooyoung stood in front of him and held his shoulders as she tries to wipe the tears falling down her eyes.

"Now Sunny. . ." Lee Sooman called. "I went to your dorm but I noticed all of you were busy storming out so I decided to follow you here. I'm here to tell you that your dad wants to ask you if you would like to spend the holidays with them in the US." Sunny shook her head and was gonna say no but- "But after seeing what you are goind through, I already sent a message to your father. I told him that we will catch the last plane to US the next day after tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Uncle, I always stay here until the last 2 days before Christmas. I want to spend more time with the girls epecially now."

"That can't be." Lee Sooman strongly neglected everything she said.

"But uncle-" Lee Sooman waved his hands at her and shook his head.

"No excuses, no exceptions. I don't care how much you want to spend the holidays with your so called friends here but it's final." With that final statement he went out of his and exited the hospital. "Oh look more animals to tame." He mumbled and sighed and disappeared. Donghae, Eunhyuk, Yesung, Ryeowook, Siwon, Kibum and Shindong came rushing to them.

A guy in uniform approached them. "Are you the friends of Kim Youngwoon?" The group eagerly nodded. "I just want to tell you he's awake so would you like to check on him?"

The group agreed that only Heechul and Leeteuk should take a look. The two were directed to Kangin's room. Leeteuk went in first followed by Heechul and the two of them sat both of Kangin's side.

Kangin, with his head never looking up, asked them. "How's Taeyeon?"

"Fighting for her life." Heechul more likely scolding and blaming him for what happened.

"Hyung, I'm sorry. It was an accident." Kangin began to show signs to crying. His face is turning red, his eyes are watery, his voice is cracking as he tries to explain.

"Is that all you can say?" Heechul glared at him. He just can't get over how stupid his dongsaeng acted and probably can contain his anger.

"Heechul why don't you try and take some fresh air outside." Leeteuk suggested. "I'll talk to him."

Heechul stomped his feet outside the room leaving Leeteuk and Kangin alone.

"Hyung, I really didn't mean to do it." Kangin could look directly at his hyung and just stared at his white blanket.

"I don't know what to say." Leeteuk held his tears back. "I don't know what to do." He took and deep breath and loudly sighed. "I think I can't do anything anymore."

Kangin rapidly blinked his tears away. "Thank you Leeteuk-hyung." He finally glances at his hyung and bitterly smiles. "Thank you for not being selfish with Taeyeon." Kangin looked down. He can feel that he no longer has the right to be mad. "I always thought that you loved Taeyeon more than I lover her." He let out a chuckle escape his lips. "Somehow I think that she was the same to you. I cared for her now as a lover but a brother."

"Kangin why are saying this now."

Kangin hesitated at first whether to tell or not. "My parents knew it all. I'm charged with DUI by the police. My parents called and they will take me after I finished my community service as a punishment for what I have done."

"It's still doesn't explain what you told me earlier."

Kangin played with his fingers. "My parents are transferring me to another school. They wanted me to move to village." He looked back again to Leeteuk. "Hyung, please take care of her for me." Kangin finally break out in tears.

Same goes for Leeteuk. "Why are you not coming back anymore? You're not gonna be there for Taeyeon anymore?" Kangin just shrugged his shoulders.

Kangin frowned "Let's not . . .hope for it anymore." 

Both of them just endured the excruciating pain. Nothing, just nothing is going well.

~_~_~

"Ah, you're finally here . . ." Kibum smiled at her. Yoona smiled back even wider when she got a glimpse of what he was hiding behind. A perfectly wrapped gift. 

"What is this thing you wanted to tell me oppa?" 

Kibum gave the box behind him. She tried her best not to faint as she politely accepts it. "Since you're the one I'm very close with might as well give a Christmas gift before I go."

Her smile faded away upon hearing what he said. "Before you go?"

"Yes, you see I'm going to America in 3 days." He was in a cheerful and excited expression while on the other hand, Yoona was trying her best to stay calm and be in normal state.

"Why?" She lost for words. Just like how she lost her hope. It was like draining all her energy away from her body.

"I got a full scholarship. I'm focusing on acting by the way."

Yoona could only nod her head as she plays with her fingers.

"You know, I pity that girl." Kibum said and crookedly smiled. "She is not going to have a chance to tell me who she is anymore." She can't help but curl her fingers. It's like her layers of her heart is being peeled one by one. "Not my fault anyway, it's her choice not showing up early."

"Kibum-ssi, I'll be going now." He was gonna wave goodbye but Yoona quickly turned around and walked away in a pass pace. 

~_~_~

Yoona didn't dare to look at him. The painful memory of their last encounter is still fresh and hurtful. She stayed near and hidden with the girls.

"Don't cry Yoona. . ." Donghae patted her back as she continues to take silent sobs. "Let's just hope that Taeyeon ad Kangin-hyung will be OK."

"Don't even mention that name." Jessica coldly stated in front of all of them.

"Hey watch your mouth there!" Heechul suddenly arrive just enough to hear Jessica's words.

"Why should I?!" Jessica shouted back not holding anything back. Yuri and Tiffany blocked her way before she could come any closer to Heechul. The ice princess might be stuck on her spot but it surely wasn't stopping . "It's his fault! He caused the accident!"

Heechul's eyes went dark and stomped his way towards the girls but Kibum quickly stopped him. "Hyung calm down. . . She is a girl."

"Shut your mouth Kibum. This is your fault!" Donghae was ranging again on him. "You and your stupid words of judgment to Kangin-hyung caused this."

"I didn't do anything!" Kibum loudly insisted.

"Yeah that's what you guys are best at . . ." Sunny suddenly blurted out at the guys. "You boys are best at doing nothing!"

Sungmin pulled her wrist to face him but she yanked it away while frowning at him. "What are you trying to imply Sunny?"

"Oh nothing. . . Just the fact that you can't do anything else when my uncle is present." Sunny complained through her clenched teeth.

"Sunny, stop it." Hyoyeon squeezed her shoulders and pulls her closer to the girls. "That's what these boys are good at, Showing off." 

"Can we not exchange words that will just worsen our state!" Eunhyuk screamed his lungs out.

"Unnies please calm down. ." The maknae finally spoke up and all her unnies began to soften down.

"Excuse me . . ." A guy in a white uniform went out from the emergency room. "Are you all friends of Miss Kim Taeyeon?" Sure enough he was the one they have been waiting for.

All of them a anxiously nodded. The doctor was like playing with their mind, his face was plain, maybe because he has handled worse situations. His looked at each and everyone of them.

"Can you just tell us already." Jessica could control herself from slightly growling. Tiffany held her hands tighter while Sooyoung rubbed her back to.

The doctor deeply inhaled and blew one final air out of his nose before he began to speak. "Uhh, Miss Kim Taeyeon is~"

 

OK soooo stupid me for not putting that additional scenes on this chapter. I'm sorry but it turns out that it was at the bottom the chapter next to this soooo. Sorry again.

Ahhhh, So as you can see . . . I'm taking a break on writing about sweet couple moments and things are getting more dramatic. AND. I know this one took so long. I also think that you wouldn't like to read excuses but I got fever for 2 days. Anyways, Do continue to support by subscribing/commenting. Please and Thank you.