Heartquake

Encore Separation

BOOK 1 : Chapter 10

 

Rays of sunlight when inside Sunny's room. As much as she wants to sleep more, it 's Monday. Such a cursed word.

She smashed her hand over her annoying alarm clock to shut  it off. She was planning to go back to her slumber  but she felt the vibration of her phone beside her head. Bright light emerges form her phone so  she reads her text message with one eye open.

From: Sungminnie

Rise and shine my sunny-bunny. Hope to see you as bright as the sun later at the school gate. . .
I'll wait for you there, Saranghae ♥

She smiles as she tried to sit up straight. She happily got of her bed and as soon as she walked in the dinning area all eyes were on her. She discovered it but she just couldn't wipe the smile off her face as she sends a reply.

To: Sungminnie

Can't wait to see you there Minnie, Saranghae ♥

"Aish Sunny has been like that for weeks but I'm still not used to it." Taeyeon mumbled while setting the table.

"Why are you jealous?" Tiffany jokingly asked her.

"Girls come on." Sunny both grabbed their necks and smiled between their faces. "No need to be jealous. Taeyeon loves you too Tiffany!"

~_~_~

Nine girls cheerfully went down the bus. The girls have their own shared conversation. Well with the exception of Sooyoung who quickly ran to Hankyung once she saw him at the gate.

Sunny, on the other hand, was a little disappointed not seeing Sungmin there. 'He said he'll be here'. She pouted and it didn't slipped Taeyeon's eyes.

"Sunny-ah, why are you doing that?"

"Huh?" Sunny glances at her only to quickly look away and forced a smile. "Ow nothing."

Taeyeon shakes it off her system thinking that Sunny won't tell her what it is at that time.

"Hankyung!" the all time Cinderella Heechul shouted causing Leeteuk to slightly massage his ears by the impact of Heechul's voice next to him. "Is it really necessary for you to kiss her at the cheek in front of me?!"

"Heechul-oppa, you're worst than Jessica." Sooypung complained. Hankyung playfully placed his hands at her ears and ignored Heechul with a smile.

"YAH!" Heechul called but the two didn't even bulged and just continued walking. "Aishhh, these two. . ."

"Seriously Heechul-oppa." He turned to his left and speaking of the devil, he saw shaking her head in front of him. "You aren't possibly jealous of Sooyoung getting all Hankyung-oppa's attention now, are you?"

"So what if I am?" He teasingly whips her hair with his finger and brushed off imaginary dust over her shoulder. "For all I know you are jealous of me because I know I'm more beautiful than you."

Jessica just gave him an amused smile and went towards her 'sisters'.

"I wonder how you can live with Jessica." Taeyeon looked back and saw Leeteuk walked to her side.

"I can ask you the same thing with Heechul." Leeteuk just snickered and chose to be quiet. "Have you seen Kangin-oppa?"

"Some of us left early to do some other things. Kangin was finishing his science homework when I left." Taeyeon just nodded but when she looked at him. Leeteuk had his lips pursed and slightly frowning. "Is something wrong?"

He jerked and quickly shakes his head. "No, I'm fine." She scratched her head and shrugged her shoulders.

Just as they reached the main building, Leeteuk and Taeyeon saw Sungmin slowly walking pass them. Taeyeon was about to scold for not seeing Sunny at the gate but Sungmin quickly signaled her to keep quiet before she can say anything.

Sungmin slowly & quietly tip toed behind Sunny. With a wide grin across his face, he used his hands to cover her eyes from behind. Sunny suddenly stopped from her tracks and smiled just before clasping the hands covering her eyes. She pulled it down and looked to her side. There she finally saw Sungmin smiling and even wrapped one of his arm at her neck and the other one at her waist.

"You didn't get angry at me right?" He cutely asked as he unwillingly lets her go and casually walked beside her.

"What do you think?" she rolls her eyes then clings to his arms. He was a bit taken back but soon smiled at her actions. If only they can actually walk just like that.

Only when she looked back up front she caught the sight of her uncle so she quickly pulled away from him. He oddly looked at her then he followed her sight. Much to his regret, he gulped when Lee Sooman turned around and started approaching them.

"Sunny, you're a bit early today. Why is that?" All the girls and boys present on the scene froze in their spot. There is just really something about Mr. Lee Sooman that creeps them out.

"Nothing uncle, I just thought that I should read my notes in advance at class." She calmly stated despite trembling in her place, wishing that her uncle won't observe anything else.

Lee Sooman eyes wonders around them. "Aren't you being a little too touchy with her?" All of their gaze went straight to where Lee Sooman was pointing at. Hankyung embarrassed, took his arm off Sooyoung and apologized to the principal. "Lee Sunny I want to talk to you after school. See me at my office later, understand?"

After Sunny agreed and the whole group was out of the scene, all of them felt like they just escaped a prison. Still there is more Lee Sooman coming their way.

~_~_~

Jessica  went told the girls that she will buy something at the cafeteria earlier. Waking up late again and never got a chance to have a heavy meal, Jessica probably needs something to eat first. Sooyoung, Yoona & Hyoyeon entered their empty classroom. Empty minus the fact that Donghae, Ryeowook, Kibum & Eunhyuk are already there.

Yoona lazily drops her bag and sat on her chair. Kibum hurriedly scoots his chair closer to her. "Ah Yoona, I have something to ask you."

If he said that a few days ago, Yoona's heart might literally fly out of her body but . . . remember their last conversation. Yoona is still upset about his opinion. Of course she wouldn't want to appear rude so she obliged. "What is it?"

She took her notepad and pen then started scribbling random subject notes to avoid eye contact. "Do you happen to know who my mystery admirer is?"

She drops her pen upon hearing his question. "Why are you asking me that?" She quickly reached and grabbed her pen then returns to distract herself.

"I don't know, It seems that you really know what type of person it is. To be honest, I was quite moved by your speech last time and I figured that your right. So I want to apologize for speaking without thinking."

Her breath is now uncontrollable and her hands starts to shake. "It's OK. I'm fine now."

"You still didn't answer my question. I want to find out who that girl is and I want to tell her my thought after what you just told me. I figured that she might be a very interesting girl. So Yoona, do you know her?" 

Yoona wants no more of his interrogation. Even after hearing a glimpse of what he thinks, she is too sure that she will not admit her secret to him, not right now. She is very thankful to be saved by the bell.

As more students rushed in Kibum moved back to his original place. "By the way Yoona, meet me at my locker I have to tell you something important."

~_~_~

Actually before the bell something else was also happening. . .

"Ohhh So that's why that happened!" Euhyuk blurted out while Hyoyeon was retelling him their current history topic. "It's a lot easier when your the one telling."

"No you're just a sleepyhead. You're not listening and you sleep while the teacher is discussing."

"No I don't sleep. I like to call it taking a nap." She giggled at his childish excuses, her actions causes him to grin showing his gummy smile.

"YAH!" Sooyoung noisily sits beside Hyoyeon. "Is something going on between you too?"

"Yeah, is there something?!" Jessica runs to Sooyoung and sat at her laps while the both of them shoot pressure  glares at Hyoyeon.

Eunhyuk tried to make his best poker face and pretended like he doesn't know anything. "What are you talking about?" He reluctantly plastered his back at his chair and looked up the ceiling. "Me and Hyoyeon are just friends."

Hyoyeon felt like a bucket of ice cold water have just been dumped to her. What was she thinking lately? What was she waiting for? What was she expecting when she knows it's never going to happen.

That time things became unbearable to all the girls. Four of them was thankful hearing the school bell. They all fixed themselves and sat in a proper position as their teacher walked inside the classroom.

~_~_~

Continues exchange of teachers and various lessons are taught to all of them. Mostly everything was purely lecture and other topic they must study again. If there was one thing all them liked is that their homeroom teacher reminded them of the holiday spirit.

"Well Christmas is just a week away huh?" Mr. Kangta announced to his class with a bright smile.

Mr. Joo finished erasing the black board before facing back his students. "All you did very well in the examination."

Mr. Hwanhee scanned around the classroom and chuckled  "So technically this is our last meeting..."

Mr. Kangta eyed his students while smirking. "...But once you all come back we are all back to normal."

Seeing his things scattered at his table, Mr. Joo cleans it up before he continues "Still you must enjoy your Holiday break."

The bell rings and Mr. Hwanhee said his last concerns "Stay safe, have a happy Christmas and new year class."

~_~_~

At the cafeteria. . . 

"Were you late again today?" Not the greeting Kangin was expecting from Taeyeon after he took a seat next to her. She was sitting alone next to two crowded tables, one occupied by Kangin's 'brothers' and the other by Taeyeon's 'sisters'. He wondered why she chose to isolate herself. So when Kangin approached her, he was welcomed by her straight forward question. He stared at her in surprise and returns the favor, eventually he accepted defeat and looked away.

"No, I made it just in time." He answered.

She nodded her head and tried to focus on what she was doing earlier. "Just in time, . . . you mean 1 second before the teacher enters right?"

He really wanted her to just drop the topic off. Yes, she is correct but must she insist it in front of his face? "What are you doing here anyway. Everyone is pretty much having a blast right there." He referred to the noise coming from the one-by-one-combining-two-tables.

She points at the paper down the table. "This is my 'sisters' list of presents and I don't want them to know what is it." She wiggled her eyebrows at him before checking the list again.

He nodded and scooted closer to her as he tried to peek on what is written over it. Before he could even read a word she quickly flips the paper.

"Not even you." She firmly told him.

"Why is that?" He complained but she kept the paper back inside her bag. "Do you think of me as the kind of person to tell secrets?"

"If you're drunk then yes." She bit her fingers and closed her eyes, slightly regretting what just came out of . She just wish that he didn't take it personally

"Ow so that's what this is about?" The irritation he was holding back before became present through his voice. "Are you gonna ban me from drinking this Christmas and New Year too?" Here they go again. Taeyeon doesn't like it when he takes the things she say or do ultimately bad. It was the main reason why they are having conflicts these past few days and it keeps getting more often and more worse.

"Don't take it seriously but you know it's dangerous especially when the boys are not with you." she sighed and blinked a few times "I don't want to hear about you sleeping in the elevator again. Don't forget you almost got into a car accident."

He scratched his head and feeling a little guilty about almost making another argument

"Let's go. Look at them. We are missing the fun." She told him and got up from her seat and reached out a hand to him. "Are you coming?" He accepted his offer and has one thing running in this mind. 'I am very lucky to have her.

~_~_~

Kyuhyun arrived at their table a little late. Now he in having a second thought if he will still do what he was thinking lately or not now that he sees that the whole group pretty much united their tables together. "Well it's now or never. It's not like their going to make it a big deal." He said to himself before approaching them.

All of them greeted him and he purposely took a seat next to Seohyun. After a few minutes each and everyone had their own conversation again. It was exactly the time he was waiting for, everyone is busy talking, everyone except him, and Seohyun.

He took out a brown paper bag out of his bag and secretly gave it to her. Seohyun bewildered by his actions and confusedly stared at him.

Kyuhyun shyly smiled and gulped. "I figured . . . I should give you this because you did very well in the contest."

She peeked in to see what's inside. Her eyes sparkled in amazement, she bowed and thanked him. "I really liked it."

"Really? I'm glad y-you liked it. I always saw you eating sweet potatoes so I-I uh gave you some roasted goguma." He suddenly got up from his seat and went to Sungmin to avoid further stuttering.

~_~_~

"Did you see that?" Siwon blinked in surprise. He was so immersed in secretly spying on Kyuhyun he didn't know that Tiffany was doing the same.

He quietly whispers back at her. "Yeah, what do you think Kyuhyun gave her?"

She placed a hand near his ear to ultimately prevent anyone to hear their conversation. "Seohyun's face showed that she received a goguma."

He tried to hold back his laugh by biting his lips. "You can tell what she received by looking at her face?" he asked in his most quiet tone.

"No, it's not that." She barely made it audible but enough for him to read her lips. She scooted closer, unknowingly closing the gap between them just to be able to whisper to his ears. "Seohyun always has 'that' look when she sees goguma."

"Tiffany Hwang!" Tiffany shots her eyes on Jessica who shouted her name. "Are you trying to kiss in public now!?" Tiffany quickly backed away from Siwon, she didn't realize they were extremely close at the moment.

"You two can just get a room!" Yuri blurted out. Although they all knew it was meant to be a joke, Tiffany's face turned red. "I can't believe you Tiffany. Some of will be jealous you know, especially Taeyeon." 

"And we say Siwon is a gentleman." There comes Yesung's random acts again.

Siwon thought he should fire back "Hyung, why do you always agree on what Yuri does?" he teased back

The group was in union with the 'ohhhh' sound. "Neh oppa" Tiffany seeks revenge too "You always complain about how crazy Yuri is but you always join her anticts."

Unfortunately . . . or Fortunately for Yesung and Yuri, the school bell rings and they must go back to their respected classroom.

~_~_~

Skipping to the end of the day . . .

Yoona has never felt more nervous in her life except this exact time. Right now, she is on her way to Kim Kibum's locker, the locker she has been sending various letters. What awaits her is unknown but nevertheless she braced herself on what shall happened next and reminds herself to not to expect anything beyond reality.

Every steps she takes only makes her heart beat faster. Her body trembles as each second of the time pass. Then she was there and he was standing in front of her.

"Ah, you're finally here. . ." Kibum smiled at her. Yoona smiled back even wider when she got a glimpse of what he was hiding behind. A perfectly wrapped gift. 

~_~_~

It was nearly dark outside the street but Donghae wanted to go for a Christmas gift shopping so despite the freezing temperature. Just when he got home he changed his clothes and went outside. He was thankful that his four layer clothing and scarf made him warm for the night.

After a short period of time, he came out from a mall with two slightly heavy paper bags in both of his hands. On his way back he knew he was thinking of stopping by the girls dorm since it's just on the way but realized he would just make it awkward to the girls. A part of him just wants to see her. The only interaction he got from her is when she was asking non-stop about what time is it.

He wonders if he made his wish too loud when he saw a familiar figure walking in front of him. Yoona! His feet automatically runs to her but when he was walking next to her he find something odd. Yoona was looking deep down and she slightly stumbles in her steps.

"Yoona are you OK?"She looks up who was in front of her.

"Donghae-oppa. . ." His heart crushed at the sight in front of him. Her eyes were watery, fresh marks of tears are present at her cheeks, her eyes are red and swollen.

"What hap-" She suddenly hugged him tight. Even if he was angry on who ever person dare to do this thing to her, he can't do anything for now except to comfort her by returning the hug. She kept sobbing, crying and whimpering but he didn't say anything.

He felt like he was in contact with ice, her body was shivering, hair in toppled with snow. He clicked his tongue as he removed his scarf and wrapped it around her. His heart sank once again, he can feel that she was trying to hold back her tears in front of him. He removed his trench coat and wrapped it around her, and his arms was next.

He embraced her tighter than before. He never knew it would be that easy. The only thing wrong is she was not happy, she was crying, she was in pain and so was he.

~_~_~

He would give anything to be able to stay by her side a little longer but when they reached her dorm Yoona insisted that she can take care of herself now that she is with the girls.

Now one of Donghae's attention shifted to the person who did this to Yoona. He stomps his feet on his way to his dorm and he just throws the items he bought to his room then proceeded to Kibum's room.

"Kibum-ah!" Kibum came out his bedroom wondering why his hyung was shouting his name. As soon as they made eye contact Donghae quickly grabbed his shirt. "Just what have you done to Yoona!?!"

"Must you shout?!" Kibum shouted back and pushed him away frowning. "What is wrong with you?!"

Donghae's fist flew away and landed at Kibum's head. It was forceful or anything Kibum can't handle but anger also fills him and returned a cheap blow. Eunhyuk and Siwon heard the noise and quickly barged in between them.

"Donghae-ah, Kibum-ah, What's going on." Siwon asked them as he made a wall between the two.

"Why don't you ask him?" Kibum darted a finger to Donghae. "He came here shouting and grabbing shirt."

"Is that how numb you can be?!" Donghae tried to blow another punch but Eunhyuk held his arms. Donghae's breath became heavier and his eyes starts to turn red, tears nearly falling. "How can you do that to her?" 

"What is happening here?" Kangin entered the scene and all his dongsaengs looked at him. Eunhyuk already in tears and Siwon in noticeable panic state.

"Forget it hyung." Donghae let out a heavy sigh. He clenched his fist and gritted his teeth trying to calm himself. What he just did finally registered in his mind. "I need to rest for a while." Donghae marched his way to his room, slammed the door and locked it shut.

"Kibum, what did you do anyway?" Kangin questioned him. Kibum frustrated at the moment, he literally just exploded.

"Are really asking me that?" Kibum looked at Kangin in disbelief. "Do really think I will something stupid for Donghae to act like that?"

Kangin refuse to think that Kibum is personally attacking him. "What are trying to say?"

"Unlike you, I take my study very seriously, I think about my actions and I definitely can handle myself when I'm drunk."

"Why you-" Kangin then charged towards him but Siwon swiftly pushed him backwards and Eunhyuk tries to block Kibum. "I'm out of here!!"

Siwon and Eunhyuk can only shake their heads. Although it's not the first time a fight occurred within them, all of them, whether who it is or what it was. It's just painful to watch.

Kangin took his car's keys and drove around the street. He made a one stop at a convenience store then he was unknowingly driving to place where he always thinks it's calm and soothing.

~_~_~

Taeyeon's phone rang in the middle of making dinner. Hyoyeon automatically takes over the kitchen and shooed her away. Taeyeon giggled and took out her phone. She was surprised once she read the caller ID. "Why is Leeteuk-oppa calling in this kind of hour?"

"Yobeoseyo?"

"Taeyeon-ah, Is Kangin with you?"

"No, why? What's going on?" She doesn't want to panic immediately but Leeteuk's tone on the other line made her worry a lot.

"If you found him please tell us right away." She could hear noise at the background, probably an engine starting. "I need to go. I'm driving"

Before Taeyeon can even know anything he hang up. They say curiosity but it won't stop her from going out and play 'search and rescue'. She informed the girls that she will be late for dinner and stormed out of their dorm.

In the middle of a cold winter night she took a bus and she knew that she was going to the right place. She was very sure that she will find him there.

~_~_~

She was right. There he is, sitting in the park bench with a bottle of liquor in his hands. She approached him with the warmest smile she can give at the moment.

They locked their gazes at each other and she could tell he already consumed half liter of the alcohol. "What are you doing here?" she worriedly asked him. "Let's go home oppa." she reaches her and Kangin took but he didn't got up from his seat, instead he softly pulled Taeyeon to sit next to him and she obeyed. They were just sitting there, Kangin with his head bowed and fixed on the floor and Taeyeon is just looking around every where and wordlessly begging for them to go home.

"Taeyeon-ah, . . . do you think I'm a bad hyung to my dongsaengs?" He murmured his question and didn't even moved from his position nor look directly at her.

She furrowed her eyebrows and analyzed the situation. She believes that he got into an argument with his 'brother' or 'brothers' but she still don't know the reason for it but one thing she is sure is that he is not what he thinks he is at the moment.

"Of course not oppa." she pats his shoulder. "Let's not talk about that here. Can we go home?". She stood up from her seat and pulled his arms. She sighed in relief when he got up but her smile was hindered when he finished his liquor in front of her. He drank the other half straight up and honestly speaking it made her a little angry. She already told him that drinking is not a solution to a problem a dozen times already, yet his stubbornness wins again.

"How did you get here?" He asked another question as they strolled hand in hand away from the park. "How did you even know I was here?"

"I took a bus and don't you always go here when your in this kind of state." she giggled trying to not make it awkward between them.

"Then come on, my car is right there." he started to drag her and he could sense she was conflicting his actions so he stopped for a while. "What is it?"

"Oppa, you can't drive. . ." Even if she didn't state why and because it's obvious enough. "Let's just take a bus."

"And leave my car here?" He shakes his head. He completely ignored what she just said. His car was just in his sight as he continued to pulled her along the way. She just would allow it so she forcefully pulled her hand away. He was quite annoyed by her actions but when he turned around to see her, he could sense fear in her eyes. "Don't worry Taeyeon. It's just a few blocks away and I promise I will drive slowly."

She was still having second thoughts about what to to next. His opinion was firm, his feet drag him to his car, he opened the passenger door and gestured her to enter. Even with puzzled thoughts she politely agreed.

He weakly smiles as he shuts the door and went to the driver's seat then starts the engine. "By the way, How did you even know I was away?"

"Leeteuk oppa." she mumbled with her head down. "He called me and asked if I was with you."

Kangin's griped the steering wheel tighter. He glanced at her then back on the street road. "Out of all the people." he whispered to himself. She didn't understand his statement so she asked him to say it again but he denies that he has said anything. The speed of the car became a little faster and Taeyeon automatically grabbed the door's handle.

"Oppa, can you drive a little slower?" Her phone started to ring. Her mistake is that she looked at the caller ID and stared at it long enough for Kangin to see. "Neh? Yes oppa I found him already, no need to worry." she felt the car's speed increased again and she held on tighter on the handle as if it's gonna save her in a way. "I got to go bye."

She then turned to Kangin who was busy driving. 

"Oppa, you said you would drive slow." Fear is somewhat present in her voice but the alcohol was taking it's effect in his system. It's like he will explode in jealousy because he is guy, it's normal for him. One by one he losing his control, second by second they were getting faster, moment by moment they were in danger.

Then it all happened too fast. Their vehicle spins around, flipped around, smashed to a post, glass were shattered and blood dripped.

It was all she saw. Blood. She didn't know if it was from her of from him but all she saw was blood. Blood on the car's windshield, blood on the torn chair, on her hands, it was everywhere then it all turned black.

 

Finally an update! Wow some of our characters are experiencing a major heartquake (by SuJu).  So now I will try to get back on track with this fanfic and stay tuned for the next update. Comments are always very much appreciated, the longer the better, the more words the more meaning. Please and thank you!